Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by CountryRoyal » 18 May 2017 23:10

From Despair To Where? I assumed that was a joke thread.

False thread.

False hotel bookings.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 19 May 2017 12:52

Blades piss-take of the Massive
https://youtu.be/pFozqkuJlGc

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 20 May 2017 10:25

Just spent 20 mins :lol: :lol: at Owlstalk ...... The levels of delusion are quite something!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 May 2017 10:48

Oilroyal Blades piss-take of the Massive

It's very difficult to watch that without getting drawn into the infectious laughter!

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 20 May 2017 10:53

RoyalBlue
Oilroyal Blades piss-take of the Massive

It's very difficult to watch that without getting drawn into the infectious laughter!

:lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 May 2017 12:30

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 15 Aug 2017 23:16

Absolute shambles tonight, embarrassing. We pass it sideways, back to the keeper and then try and go long and inevitably lose possession.

Bruce doesn't seem to have a clue, particularly when it comes to making a change to try and impact the game.

Not sure what I think about whether or not he should go, but cannot see how things can change with him in charge.

Reading fans are a bunch of words removed, not only did they use the McGrath chant, what was that screeching/wierd noise they kept doing all the time!?!?

tbf, he's got a point

Arrrrggghhhhhhh

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Aug 2017 23:26

TFF
Absolute shambles tonight, embarrassing. We pass it sideways, back to the keeper and then try and go long and inevitably lose possession.

Bruce doesn't seem to have a clue, particularly when it comes to making a change to try and impact the game.

Not sure what I think about whether or not he should go, but cannot see how things can change with him in charge.

Reading fans are a bunch of words removed, not only did they use the McGrath chant, what was that screeching/wierd noise they kept doing all the time!?!?

tbf, he's got a point

Arrrrggghhhhhhh

I've never understood either tbf

*start chant*
*end chant*
"Aahhhhhhhhh!!!"

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Aug 2017 07:27

Best quote ever. :lol:

Having the piss taken out of you by a club like reading pretty much sums it up.This is how far we've sunk.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 07:30

CountryRoyal Best quote ever. :lol:

Having the piss taken out of you by a club like reading pretty much sums it up.This is how far we've sunk.

:D

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 16 Aug 2017 07:58

TFF

tbf, he's got a point

Arrrrggghhhhhhh

The arggghhhhs are a bit of a throwback, he does have a point agreed.

The Paul McGrath song was the first time Reading fans have been witty in a long time, and the comment above is a bit salty :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 08:44

Villa fans genuinely quite complimentary from what I read. Obv fuming at their own side:

'Then, the so called football match, which in reality was one team totally running rings around statues for 75 minutes.

We were utterly outclassed. Whereas Cardiff out battled us, this was more a case of this team just taking the pee out of us. They were so far ahead of us in all areas it was quite unbelievable. Fast pace, movement, forward thinking, little touches, flicks - it was like Brazil 1970 playing The Hare and Hounds.

An utter disgrace !!!

Don't be fooled by the scoreline, by the 75th minute, Reading had long given up trying to play - if they had carried on, it would have been 3 or 4 again'

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Aug 2017 08:55

You'd have to be of questionable sanity to come to a different conclusion. It really was so refreshing to see us deservedly beat someone. Whereas last season we picked up a lot of wins without playing well it would be encouraging if we could start consistently turning performances into results and vice versa.

Still though, just as we shouldn't have gotten carried away with the QPR and Fulham games I think it's important to stay grounded and not to expect too much just yet based on the back of one, admittedly very good, display.

Certain grounds for optimism though.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Aug 2017 09:15

Hound Villa fans genuinely quite complimentary from what I read. Obv fuming at their own side:

'Then, the so called football match, which in reality was one team totally running rings around statues for 75 minutes.

We were utterly outclassed. Whereas Cardiff out battled us, this was more a case of this team just taking the pee out of us. They were so far ahead of us in all areas it was quite unbelievable. Fast pace, movement, forward thinking, little touches, flicks - it was like Brazil 1970 playing The Hare and Hounds.

An utter disgrace !!!

Don't be fooled by the scoreline, by the 75th minute, Reading had long given up trying to play - if they had carried on, it would have been 3 or 4 again'

love it - do you have a link to this?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Aug 2017 09:56

WAZZOCK
TFF

tbf, he's got a point

Arrrrggghhhhhhh

The Paul McGrath song was the first time Reading fans have been witty in a long time, and the comment above is a bit salty :lol:

What is the Paul McGrath song and what was our take on it?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Aug 2017 10:02

Jagermesiter1871
WAZZOCK
TFF
tbf, he's got a point

Arrrrggghhhhhhh

Still is shit.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 Aug 2017 10:10

CountryRoyal
Jagermesiter1871
WAZZOCK

Still is shit.

Paul McShane My Lord
Terry's shit My Lord

And of course they sang Empty Seats My Lord at the start, and we sang it back when they all started leaving.

Best interaction with away fans I can remember for a while, as it was actually witty at times.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 16 Aug 2017 10:13

Jagermesiter1871
WAZZOCK
TFF
tbf, he's got a point

Arrrrggghhhhhhh

I believe it's the different versions Villa sing to 'Kumbaya'.

'On the piss, my lord'
'It's your round, my lord'
Shit support, my lord'
'Empty seats, my lord'

Upon going ahead the Reading fans sang:

'1-0 down, my lord'
'2-0 down, my lord'
'Terry's shit, my lord'

There may have been more

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Aug 2017 10:50

I quite liked the "Readings shit, we're going home" followed by the "why are you still here then"

Disclaimer: these might not be the actual words sung. The gist is there.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Aug 2017 11:36

muirinho
CountryRoyal
Jagermesiter1871

Still is shit.

Paul McShane My Lord
Terry's shit My Lord

And of course they sang Empty Seats My Lord at the start, and we sang it back when they all started leaving.

Best interaction with away fans I can remember for a while, as it was actually witty at times.

Quite amusing that the Villa fans were pointing out a few empty seats in the home areas while seeming to be oblivous of the empty seats in the away end.
File under utterly pointless songs.
Will Villa Park be sold out every other week ? Presumably only if they get Take That booked for a run of concerts...

4464 posts