The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
double d

Re: The generic transfer thread

by double d » 31 Aug 2017 22:36

ALOL at Chelsea making the most pointless transfer this season. It's the 2017 version of them buying Steve Sidwell.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Aug 2017 23:01

Arsenal sign Nobodinho

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2017 08:31

Whoever would have thought Leicester City would be the core of Chelsea's team one day?

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 08:38

Do fans really get excited by a "great transfer window"? Personally I prefer celebrating winning trophies over signings but each to their own.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2017 08:46

Jim Royal Do fans really get excited by a "great transfer window"? Personally I prefer celebrating winning trophies over signings but each to their own.

If you don't have opinions on signings I'm surprised* you are so active on this 'generic transfer thread'.

Tick tock, Kes.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 08:51

Sanguine
Jim Royal Do fans really get excited by a "great transfer window"? Personally I prefer celebrating winning trophies over signings but each to their own.

If you don't have opinions on signings I'm surprised* you are so active on this 'generic transfer thread'.

Tick tock, Jim.

Hi Sanguine. Could you have posted a more 'Liverpool fan' response. What trophy did you win for this transfer window?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2017 08:52

Jim Royal
Sanguine

Tick tock, Jim.

Hi Sanguine. Could you have posted a more 'Liverpool fan' response. What trophy did you win for this transfer window?

Tick tock.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2017 08:56

If you want some good reading material this morning then head over to NSC :D

Edit: Nevermind, their server has crashed :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2017 09:23

Chelsea's Michael Emanalo: “Danny is not only a Premier League winner but also has Champions League experience."

Now I actually quite like Drinkwater, but that is some epic turd-polishing. This is Chelsea, for god's sake, not a team in their first CL campaign.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 09:28

So you're criticising Emanalo for stating a fact? :lol:

He's won the Premier League = FACT
He's got Champions League experience = FACT

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 09:36

Drinkwater has won more Premier League titles than Liverpool. :lol:

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 09:40

genome
Jim Royal So you're criticising Emanalo for stating a fact? :lol:

What do you think he'll add to your midfield?

Your?

Do you not watch the Premier League at all? It's not like he's some unknown foreign player.
I think when you look at the business Chelsea have done, they've strengthened on paper but don't quite have the squad numbers. Chelsea need another season mainly free of injury.

Bakayoko for Matic; Morata for Costa; Rudiger for Zouma; Zappacosta for Ake; Drinkwater for Chalobah. Caballero for Begovic All good deals. Just short of depth.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2017 09:44

If you do a tour around a few forums you'll see Emanalo is getting criticism from all sides for his transfer window. Chelsea's only other signing was a Conte pick.

My point was more subtle, which might be why you didn't pick up on it. This is Chelsea. Won the CL and PL in recent history, should regularly be fielding whole teams of Premier League winners and players with CL experience. That Drinkwater has both of those should be a minimum for Chelsea, surely?

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 09:50

Sanguine

If you do a tour around a few forums you'll see Emanalo is getting criticism from all sides for his transfer window. Chelsea's only other signing was a Conte pick.

My point was more subtle, which might be why you didn't pick up on it. This is Chelsea. Won the CL and PL in recent history, should regularly be fielding whole teams of Premier League winners and players with CL experience. That Drinkwater has both of those should be a minimum for Chelsea, surely?

So basically you want Emanalo to say nothing? He's asked by the press or has to do interviews.

"We signed Danny Drinkwater" End of interview. Great stuff eh!? :lol:

And as for the criticism of Emanalo, most of the same fans were moaning about the signings of Luiz and Alonso last summer. :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Sep 2017 09:53

I am shocked & stunned that you weren't saying this until midnight last night :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Sep 2017 09:54

Jim Royal
Sanguine

So basically you want Emanalo to say nothing? He's asked by the press or has to do interviews.

And as for the criticism of Emanalo, most of the same fans were moaning about the signings of Luiz and Alonso last summer. :lol:

As per the question to you above, Emanalo might have explained what Drinkwater adds to the Chelsea squad that it didn't have before. Seriously, it's like Jaap Stam signing someone and saying 'he has played in the Championship before.'

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 09:56

Winston Biscuit

I am shocked & stunned that you weren't saying this until midnight last night :lol:

I did. Just not on here. :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Sep 2017 09:57

Jim Royal
Winston Biscuit

I did. Just not on here. :lol:

There it is!

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 01 Sep 2017 10:00

Sanguine
Jim Royal
Sanguine

As per the question to you above, Emanalo might have explained what Drinkwater adds to the Chelsea squad that it didn't have before. Seriously, it's like Jaap Stam signing someone and saying 'he has played in the Championship before.'

Do you live in a nuclear bunker and have never watched TV interviews? This is weak stuff Sanguine. :lol:

double d

by double d » 01 Sep 2017 10:00

Jim Royal Drinkwater has won more Premier League titles than Liverpool. :lol:

Has he won more league titles then Liverpool? Or trophies? Have Chelsea?

10373 posts