Jaap's Radio Comments

186 posts
Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

Jaap's Radio Comments

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Sep 2017 17:53

Last edited by Jagermesiter1871 on 23 Sep 2017 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jaap's Radio Comments

by windermereROYAL » 23 Sep 2017 17:56

Jagermesiter1871 :shock:

Cheers

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2017 17:56

Today's attendance spoke volumes.......

me

by me » 23 Sep 2017 18:05

If you can give it out, you must be able to take it.

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 23 Sep 2017 18:18

Was that Jaap's 'Brendan' moment?

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 23 Sep 2017 18:21

Well that will encourage the players, never mind the fans.... "there is no way we are going to win the league"

May as well give up now then :|

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 23 Sep 2017 18:22

I agree with Stam. Listening to our fans on the radio, it was embarrassing. It seems there are a lot of people who watch Reading but understand F all about football.

Dellor and Williams don't help with all their sh&t stirring.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Sep 2017 18:23

Jaap’s post-match interview on BBCRB disappointed, and kind of shocked me. Prior to this afternoon’s interview I honestly didn’t think Jaap was an arrogant man and I was behind him all the way but he’s shown publicly his utter contempt towards those who dare voice their option at a game of footaball... so now he can now oxf*rd off. I’ve never booed players or performances (well not since the Brantfoot OUT demo in Norfolk Rd) but he clearly has no idea what READING FC is all about. And clearly has no idea why there are so many empty seats at home games. As fans, we owe him nothing, and to allow him to use us to improve his experience and his stock value and at our expense and patience week in, week out? THINK ON STAM!

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 23 Sep 2017 18:23

Its a long slippery slope from here.
Start berating the support and before long its Ta Ta!

Terrible today, but for some sadistic reason I shall be at Millwall Tuesday

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2017 18:28

TBH don't really care about the comments a huge amount. The support wasn't great but then the players didn't do much to encourage them

I'm glad Stam's angry, I think that is just getting it off his chest and protecting the players. I hope he hasn't gone into the dressing room and repeated that, and instead given them a boll0cking for that display. Because that's what they need tbh. Safe, lack of movement and frankly lack of effort imo

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 23 Sep 2017 18:34

Hmmmm.... as far as I was concerned the negative crowd reaction was to the decision to sub Kelly for Ilori.

IE: directed at the manager's decis ion, not the players/team.

Given we appear to have been sussed out by opposition managers, there are two options for Stam,

He either shows maturity and tactical flexibility and evolves his tactics to make us more attacking

Or

He sticks with his ideology....

Noone said managing in the Championship was easy.

You have to earn supporters nowadays

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Sep 2017 18:35

Top Flight I agree with Stam. Listening to our fans on the radio, it was embarrassing. It seems there are a lot of people who watch Reading but understand F all about football.

Dellor and Williams don't help with all their sh&t stirring.

Crap......Williams and Dellor did not misquote. I heard exactly the same as discussed BBCRB. I think JS is taking the p#ss. I didn't boo today but I bloody well felt like it. It was awful. This is Reading FC not JS FC. I swear if it was a british young manager he would be out of a job if we lose at Millwall, but as our manager has a "legendary" status against his name as a player, he will survive.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Sep 2017 18:40

Linden Jones' Tash Hmmmm.... as far as I was concerned the negative crowd reaction was to the decision to sub Kelly for Ilori.

Given we appear to have been sussed out by opposition managers, there are two options for Stam,

He either shows maturity and tactical flexibility and evolves his tactics to make us more attacking

Or

The boos were ringing round the stadium at halftime. Way before the substitution.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Sep 2017 18:42

Would add to my earlier post I hope he is big enough to be angry at himself as well, as he messed it up badly today.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Sep 2017 18:44

Can someone post a summary of what he actually said.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Sep 2017 18:45

To be honest, Ilori came here as a versatile [layer not especially just a CB . he did ok when he came on.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 23 Sep 2017 18:47

No coming back from that.
He won't be here come 2018.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 23 Sep 2017 18:48

Ascotexgunner
Linden Jones' Tash Hmmmm.... as far as I was concerned the negative crowd reaction was to the decision to sub Kelly for Ilori.

Or

The boos were ringing round the stadium at halftime. Way before the substitution.

I was in the E D Stand and already enjoying a beer at HT...

The main bit of negativity came at the Kelly substitution as far as I can recall, but I take your point...

alfie9

by alfie9 » 23 Sep 2017 18:49

I really don't want to see him sacked, I'll continue to back him until the end of this season at least. But he created this environment by failing to manage expectations himself. The coaching staff mad it clear that they were going to go for promotion in pre-season, and are now suddenly changing tune after failing to buy a striker (no offense JDB)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Sep 2017 18:50

Deservedly so given the woeful performance and yet another pathetic suicidal conceded goal.

Not one club to visit the Mad stad in a league game has earnt a goal. We gifted all three of them.

And we concistently show no fight to get back in the game. The players were at their utter worst in the 10 minutes after we conceded.

As for the decision to replace Kelly with Ilori, it was fuking idiotic.

It was at least a delight to see that useless prick Gunter hauled off for Bod (who should have started).

Stam's totally lost the plot. Bacuna vanished for no reason. Berg at LCB with Ilori and Blackett abailable there.

He's had over a year to coach some movement into the side and we're going backwards.

He needs to pull his finger out and sort it, not complain about booing after deopping easy points againat crap opposition in 3 out of 4 home games.

Play badly at home and you're a gonna. Hopefully he bucks his ideas up.

186 posts