READING FC SET NEW RECORD

bluerinse

READING FC SET NEW RECORD

by bluerinse » 27 Sep 2017 08:15

According to Sky Sports last night, we are the only team in all 4 divisions of the English league who have failed to score a goal in the first half of a league match this season.
After scoring just 8 league goals in 9 matches this season, will we set a new record of scoring the lowest ever goal tally for a team that manages to escape relegation? Or, can anyone suggest other records we might set in this momentous season.

TadleyDave

Re: READING FC SET NEW RECORD

by TadleyDave » 27 Sep 2017 08:42

Can't be right as Crystal Palace have failed to score at all.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Sep 2017 08:43

Yeah, record for the most tedious, whining bollocks posted on an internet forum in a season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Sep 2017 08:44

From Despair To Where? Yeah, record for the most tedious, whining bollocks posted on an internet forum in a season.

tbf, thats probably pretty much every footy forum in the country

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Sep 2017 08:55

Yeah, it was a shit result and a poor performance but last night on here was embarrassing. Middle age men having serious meltdowns over a football result.

As a middle aged man myself, I'll admit that after 30 years of avid support, I stopped giving too much of a shit sometime around Christmas 2008 but I woke up this morning, the sun was still shining and life carried on as normal.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Sep 2017 09:02

From Despair To Where? Yeah, it was a shit result and a poor performance but last night on here was embarrassing. Middle age men having serious meltdowns over a football result.

As a middle aged man myself, I'll admit that after 30 years of avid support, I stopped giving too much of a shit sometime around Christmas 2008 but I woke up this morning, the sun was still shining and life carried on as normal.

Thank god you're not a teacher. You wouldn't be able to go to work because you're too cool for school.

Or err something

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 27 Sep 2017 09:04

From Despair To Where? Yeah, it was a shit result and a poor performance but last night on here was embarrassing. Middle age men having serious meltdowns over a football result.

This! I find myself filled with apathy towards football in general these days. I'm interested in our results but I find the whole saturation coverage of football has made me lose interest.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2017 09:24

Me too.

It's all just bollocks, utter bollocks.

Football is a bit of fun, an entertainment. Unfortunately Reading don't provide entertainment of any real note so I will continue to restrict my viewing exclusively to TV. Even finishing 3rd last year and getting to penalties in the play offs we were still crap to watch.

You simply cannot afford to provide a boring spectacle to people paying £30-£50 for their entertainment (all in) because a good number will eventually vote with their feet. And the owners won't put up with that for long.

Sod the Dutch revolution, it's all smoke and mirrors. All I would say is Stam Out before it's too late.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Sep 2017 10:18

Royal Rother Me too.

It's all just bollocks, utter bollocks.

Football is a bit of fun, an entertainment. Unfortunately Reading don't provide entertainment of any real note so I will continue to restrict my viewing exclusively to TV. Even finishing 3rd last year and getting to penalties in the play offs we were still crap to watch.

You simply cannot afford to provide a boring spectacle to people paying £30-£50 for their entertainment (all in) because a good number will eventually vote with their feet. And the owners won't put up with that for long.

Sod the Dutch revolution, it's all smoke and mirrors. All I would say is Stam Out before it's too late.

Have to agree with that esp. after that truly awful play off final where the sole intention was to stop Huddersfield (and to be fair it was a case of vice versa as well). Now if only they'd scrap penalty shoot outs completely from play offs (you don't need them) it would have been a much more entertaining game and we'd have lost out in the proper manner as per usual.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2017 10:28

I'd suggest if you fuked off to non-league years ago and don't contribute to the club or chat here, you should probably stay fuked off and stop sticking your oar in where you've no interest Rother.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Sep 2017 10:45

Snowflake Royal I'd suggest if you fuked off to non-league years ago and don't contribute to the club or chat here, you should probably stay fuked off and stop sticking your oar in where you've no interest Rother.

Well quite.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2017 10:57

Why?

I still follow Reading, I just have an objective view of what the consumers are provided with.

And it is utter rubbish.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 27 Sep 2017 11:38

Snowflake Royal I'd suggest if you fuked off to non-league years ago and don't contribute to the club or chat here, you should probably stay fuked off and stop sticking your oar in where you've no interest Rother.

Irony overload

Brian would be proud tho'.

traff

by traff » 27 Sep 2017 11:47

Didn't we go through something similar under McDermott ,where we could not score in a first half for ages?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Sep 2017 11:52

Yeah, because Brian was shit wasn't he?

:roll:

traff

by traff » 27 Sep 2017 11:53

leon Yeah, because Brian was shit wasn't he?

:roll:

:shock:
just couldn't remember under which tenure?

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 27 Sep 2017 12:01

Royal Rother Why?

I still follow Reading, I just have an objective view of what the consumers are provided with.

And it is utter rubbish.

To be fair RR, I think we can all see it is shite!!

You just aren't getting as upset about it as others are. What is happening this season, is what I expected to happen last year. This is Stam's first big test. It will be interesting to see if he can respond to it.

As for the entertainment and caring....I personally don't deal with us losing well on the day, but the following morning I'm fine. Football is something I do for fun, with my father and kids. Watching Reading is a massive part of that. Us being shite kind of brings it full circle. We were shite when Dad first took me. We finished 10th, 15th and 12th in what is now League One during my first 3 seasons watching us. It clearly hasn't put me off.... :shock:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Sep 2017 12:14

Kitsondinho
Royal Rother Why?

And it is utter rubbish.

To be fair RR, I think we can all see it is shite!!

You just aren't getting as upset about it as others are. What is happening this season, is what I expected to happen last year. This is Stam's first big test. It will be interesting to see if he can respond to it.

As for the entertainment and caring....I personally don't deal with us losing well on the day, but the following morning I'm fine. Football is something I do for fun, with my father and kids. Watching Reading is a massive part of that. Us being shite kind of brings it full circle. We were shite when Dad first took me. We finished 10th, 15th and 12th in what is now League One during my first 3 seasons watching us. It clearly hasn't put me off.... :shock:

Absolutely this. I take my kids to football. My 8 year old is a proper RFC fan (ie depressed :( ). We commute from London every home game, when he's older we're doing the away trips.

Do I expect us to be Chelsea? No. But I expect us to try to be better than Brentford and fcuking Fulham.

I'm not going to flounce off to Maidenhead just because we're shit. I would have gone years ago, if that was the case.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 27 Sep 2017 12:29

bluerinse According to Sky Sports last night, we are the only team in THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE who have failed to score a goal in the first half of a league match this season.
After scoring just 8 league goals in 9 matches this season, will we set a new record of scoring the lowest ever goal tally for a team that manages to escape relegation? Or, can anyone suggest other records we might set in this momentous season.

Corrected for you.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Sep 2017 13:27

traff Didn't we go through something similar under McDermott ,where we could not score in a first half for ages?
Possibly, but at least we were entertained and looked like scoring.