Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

by PremAddict » 14 Oct 2017 16:31

Stam got this one right. JdB proved his worth and Gunter, even with errant mistakes and poor crosses was head nd shoulders above Blackett.

Wished Poppa had been given a chance given that GMac just wasn’t in the game.

Much quicker pace and nice mix of direct and possession. Please more of this...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Leeds v RFC Back from the Tele

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Oct 2017 16:34

PremAddict Stam got this one right. JdB proved his worth and Gunter, even with errant mistakes and poor crosses was head nd shoulders above Blackett.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson?

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 14 Oct 2017 16:41

NewCorkSeth
PremAddict Stam got this one right. JdB proved his worth and Gunter, even with errant mistakes and poor crosses was head nd shoulders above Blackett.

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson?

Yes. You can’t actually expect me to type that out can you? :D

Also not a four on Hernandez, both were tugging on shirts and Hernandez just lost his balance when he tried to stick his leg up to get the ball. Lucky on the pen.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Oct 2017 16:43

PremAddict
NewCorkSeth

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson?

Also not a four on Hernandez, both were tugging on shirts and Hernandez just lost his balance when he tried to stick his leg up to get the ball. Lucky on the pen.

Sorry its just with the performance JVDB put in it could easily have been a typo and I wanted to clarify.

I only had a stream for the first half so missed the best of the game unfortunately but believe i can watch it all back on Ifollow.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Oct 2017 16:52

Bacuna was at right-back, wasn't he?

Sounds like he had a blinder.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Oct 2017 17:04

Highlights are on SS

We looked decent, all the chances shown were pretty much ours. Great ball for the goal and the pen was debatable to say the least

That Bacuna interception on their break was superb. He looks a good player

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Oct 2017 17:21

Mannone - 7 not much to do apart from the pen, but he saved that well too and no real errors.
Bacuna - 8 really good out of position
Gunter - 7 best game in ages despite the odd poor ball forward
Moore - 7 looked a touch unlucky to give away the pen, one of those got in the way and got fallen over ones. Overall good.
Ilori - 8 looks like he has a mistake in him, but also very classy.
Berg - 9 MotM for me, put his foot in, passed well and a beautiful assist, unlucky to get booked when the ref got fussy
Edwards - 6 probably a bit harsh I didn't notice him a lot but that's often a good sign in midfield
Beerens - 7.5 caused loads of problems first half and linked well with Gunter
McCleary - 6 didn't really achieve a lot
Aluko - 7 quick feet, adds impetus in attack, didn't quite come off for him
Bodvarsson - 8 added exactly what we've been missing upfront

Barrow - 8 lovely goal, pace & trickery
Kelly - 7 solid
Clement - not on long enough to contribute

Really good performance. Solid for the most part at the back. Created a few chances up front. Definitely something to build on. Clean sheet. Win away. Nice little pick me up.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 14 Oct 2017 17:42

What formation/s were we playing? Heard some on here rejoicing at a 4-4-2 but I couldn't tell.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Oct 2017 17:46

RichTea94 What formation/s were we playing? Heard some on here rejoicing at a 4-4-2 but I couldn't tell.

Stam claimed on the radio that it was 4-3-3 as usual

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Oct 2017 17:48

RichTea94 What formation/s were we playing? Heard some on here rejoicing at a 4-4-2 but I couldn't tell.

4-4-1-1 was more like it. Aluko tended to play deeper than a striker would. It was quite fluid where necessary.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 14 Oct 2017 17:49

Just got back in the house. Fairly secent game almost broke out in the last 20mins. Thought the whole defence were very good today. Was surprised Aluko went off before McCleary as he was having a decent game. Leeds fans around me weren't happy with the ref at all. Although most of that seemed to stem from when they thought they'd been given a freekick despite the ref clearly indicating it was for us for an offside before the foul. Leeds seemed to be short on confidence and didn't offer much at all in the final third until they made the substitutions and put on the big fella up front. Truely awful penalty.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Oct 2017 17:51

:?

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 14 Oct 2017 18:30

On the train back now. Really good performance and definitely deserving the three points. Limited Leeds to very few chances while having quite a few ourselves. Thought we played a 4-2-3-1 formation, or a variant of 4-3-3. Player ratings:

Manonne 7 - didn't have a lot to do until the 92nd minute. Poor pen but you still have to save it.

Bacuna - 9 - (motm) looked solid at right back. Outstanding tackle to stop a certain goal.
Ilori - 8 - solid and very good on the ball. Should be a regular starter imo.
Moore - 8 - rarely troubled, superb in the air.
Gunter - 6 - played out of position but pretty much every Leeds attack came down his side. Possibly due to a lack of help from Beerens

Van De Berg - 8 - very good. Gave the Leeds midfielders nothing. Good assist for the goal.
Edwards - 7 - good but not spectacular

Beerens - 5 - got in some good positions but lacked quality and pace
Aluko - 6 - OK just so one footed. Created a good chance in the first half
McCleary - 6 - better than in the last couple of games but still yet to get back to his best.

Bodvarsson - 6 - missed a good chance in the first half. OK but nothing special. The team played better with him in it though

Subs:
Barrow - 8 - good finish and forced a good save out of Lonergan with another chance
Kelly - 6 - no real influence
Clemet - N/A

Good win, anything at Sheffield would set us up nicely for the two games. Now time to sit back, have a beer and listen to the excuses from the Leeds fans next to me. They are genuinely on a another planet!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Oct 2017 18:38

genome

:?

Judging by the red lines she's made him go cross-eyed!

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 14 Oct 2017 19:41

NewCorkSeth
PremAddict
NewCorkSeth Jon Dadi Bodvarsson?

Sorry its just with the performance JVDB put in it could easily have been a typo and I wanted to clarify.

I only had a stream for the first half so missed the best of the game unfortunately but believe i can watch it all back on Ifollow.

no worries - was watching from the app on ESPN myself being in the states; and typing from the iPad which is hard for me. :)

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 14 Oct 2017 19:45

gdroyal On the train back now. Really good performance and definitely deserving the three points. Limited Leeds to very few chances while having quite a few ourselves. Thought we played a 4-2-3-1 formation, or a variant of 4-3-3. Player ratings:

Manonne 7 - didn't have a lot to do until the 92nd minute. Poor pen but you still have to save it.

Bacuna - 9 - (motm) looked solid at right back. Outstanding tackle to stop a certain goal.
Ilori - 8 - solid and very good on the ball. Should be a regular starter imo.
Moore - 8 - rarely troubled, superb in the air.
Gunter - 6 - played out of position but pretty much every Leeds attack came down his side. Possibly due to a lack of help from Beerens

Van De Berg - 8 - very good. Gave the Leeds midfielders nothing. Good assist for the goal.
Edwards - 7 - good but not spectacular

Beerens - 5 - got in some good positions but lacked quality and pace
Aluko - 6 - OK just so one footed. Created a good chance in the first half
McCleary - 6 - better than in the last couple of games but still yet to get back to his best.

Bodvarsson - 6 - missed a good chance in the first half. OK but nothing special. The team played better with him in it though

Subs:
Barrow - 8 - good finish and forced a good save out of Lonergan with another chance
Kelly - 6 - no real influence
Clemet - N/A

Good win, anything at Sheffield would set us up nicely for the two games. Now time to sit back, have a beer and listen to the excuses from the Leeds fans next to me. They are genuinely on a another planet!

Just one match, but I'd say that Gunter lost his starting RB position to Bacuna and Blackett his position to Gunter!

If Bacuna had an outlet besides GMac to play, it might have been even better.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Oct 2017 19:53

Thought we were miles better but still not great. Barrow is our best attacking player, McCleary is done, Bod never looks like scoring and Leeds are falling apart again.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 14 Oct 2017 20:35

wtf is the Tele?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 14 Oct 2017 20:38

I heard the win has been ruled out as we didn't take many fans. Is that true?

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 14 Oct 2017 20:54

What a fantastic day out ! Know a guy who has an executive box at Elland Road so not only did I enjoy free corporate hospitality but got to see a much improved performance and a great win that I could never see coming before the game, I was fearing we were gonna get stuffed. Managed to remain discreet the whole game but couldn’t help looking up to the tier above me and giving a little fist pump of jubilation when the final whistle went lol ! Leeds fans were not happy :lol: Thought it strange Blackett on the bench but Bacuna had a great game at right back and made a fantastic tackle to stop a goal. I was dead opposite the penalty incident and it was very soft even some Leeds fans thought so, so justice done with the save which was the cherry on the cake of a fantastic day.