February

How many points will we win in February?

0-3
31%
3-6
39%
6-9
17%
9-12
6%
12-15
1%
Ian Royal
7%

Total votes: 72
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: February

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2018 17:30

2-1 W Millwall (h)
2-0 L Middlesbrough (a)
1-3 L Sheffield United (h)
1-1 D Nottingham Forest (a)
1-1 D Derby County (h)

That seems excessively optimistic. :cry:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jan 2018 18:52

Snowflake Royal 2-1 W Millwall (h)
2-0 L Middlesbrough (a)
1-1 D Derby County (h)

It's a sad state of affairs when 1 win seems optimistic, but you're absolutely right. Can't see us beating anyone. Home win v millwall? Nahhh. Don't see it.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jan 2018 19:18

2 draws
3 Losses

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Jan 2018 19:24

Ascotexgunner 2 draws
3 Losses

same as above plus a draw from the Burton game.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Jan 2018 20:16

Snippet from the Chronc..

THREE Championship games without a goal, eight league matches without a win, but Reading FC defender Tiago Ilori insists Royals' style of play will fire the club up the table.

ex-Liverpool defender Ilori stressed 18th-placed Reading, four points away from the drop-zone, will continue to play out from the back despite the threat of relegation.

Because it’s worked a fcuking treat so far!

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 22 Jan 2018 20:42

If you go to the BBCRB website, click on full schedule, choose Sat 20th, choose post match analysis, move the bar along to 38 minutes, then you can hear every word he said. Verbatim. Very enlightening interview.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jan 2018 21:23

Oilroyal Snippet from the Chronc..

THREE Championship games without a goal, eight league matches without a win, but Reading FC defender Tiago Ilori insists Royals' style of play will fire the club up the table.

ex-Liverpool defender Ilori stressed 18th-placed Reading, four points away from the drop-zone, will continue to play out from the back despite the threat of relegation.

Because it’s worked a fcuking treat so far!

Why is there a huge notion that a passing, play it out from the back, possession style is a bad thing??

It's not, we're just not any fcuking good at it.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Jan 2018 01:09

mumbo-jumbo If you go to the BBCRB website, click on full schedule, choose Sat 20th, choose post match analysis, move the bar along to 38 minutes, then you can hear every word he said. Verbatim. Very enlightening interview.

Will do, thanks!

Before doing so, I'll say this. I'm not really in the habit of searching and scrutinizing his every word, or anyone else's. Seems to me, by most any objective analysis, his overall body of interviews has been pretty good. Much better than I anticipated, actually. He was a bit caustic as a player, and its his first gig as a manager, so if 99% of them are decent, I aint gonna hang him for the other 1%. As I said elsewhere, I'm not concerned too much with what he says anyway. But sure, I'll take a look.

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 23 Jan 2018 01:37

I think Brentford was an improved performance (though, in all honesty, that's not hard), so I'm cautiously optimistic - if we can beat Burton, I'd fancy us to break our home Saturday duck and also beat Millwall.

The rest of the month looks pretty tough, would be happy under the current circumstances with two draws.

If we get less than three points from Burton and Millwall I'd be extremely worried, would sap what little confidence we have left. I've always been of the opinion that Stam deserves the chance to turn things around after the miracles he worked last season, but surely his position becomes untenable if we seriously look in danger of relegation. I'm sure many would argue that that is already the case - and it's quite hard to disagree. If we don't win any of the next three league games, I'd probably be in favour of sacking him, especially considering the performances this season.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jan 2018 15:49

Can't we just ask Regular John for his predictions?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Jan 2018 16:28

bcubed Can't we just ask Regular John for his predictions?

Great idea!

Regular John .

The floor is yours pal - let's hear your predictions please:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Jan 2018 17:07

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal 2-1 W Millwall (h)
2-0 L Middlesbrough (a)
1-1 D Derby County (h)

It's a sad state of affairs when 1 win seems optimistic, but you're absolutely right. Can't see us beating anyone. Home win v millwall? Nahhh. Don't see it.

Quite

I went for 1-3 points. It might seem ludicrous to predict that we'll be winless in February but, seriously, we've lost to worse teams than Millwall and I'd back them over us to scrap for their lives to stave off relegation.

Simply, we need to improve to win any of the above and, as yet, there's no sign of that happening.

GazzTheSpaz

by GazzTheSpaz » 24 Jan 2018 20:02

Old Man Andrews
Longhorn1970
Old Man Andrews
They certainly all work hard and don't make things easy for you.

Are we talking greatness ?!

We are talking greatness but only in certain situations once certain qualities are displayed.

Hahahaha I'm not the only one that's noticed Stam's stock phrases after almost every game, he doesn't use "to be fair" quite as much, someone must have pulled him on it.

Regarding the thread, I believed he was the right man for the job like most did after last season, but the boring football wouldn't make me want to go to the games even if we were winning them like last season. He can tell us the team aren't doing as they're told all he likes but ultimately he's in charge and he needs to be able to control the team. I think we'll pick up some points but still won't be great, 4pts from me.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Jan 2018 20:09

Don’t know nor care about February, but think (an unquantified opinion) that we will end up safe from the drop by about 4 or 5 points at the end of the season.

Then, it’ll be one big leap of faith for the board(bored)room, closed season, whether to see that “3 year plan” through or not.

Tough call.

Regular John

by Regular John » 26 Jan 2018 20:43

John Smith
bcubed Can't we just ask Regular John for his predictions?

Great idea!

Regular John .

The floor is yours pal - let's hear your predictions please:

Bugger I forgot to post one.

I'd have probably gone 0-0!!!

Edit: Sorry I thought you meant the Shef Wed game.
1-1 D Millwall
2-0 L Middlesbrough
1-1 D Sheffield United
1-0 L Nottingham Forest
1-0 L Derby County

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Jan 2018 08:52

0 points in February against Sheffield United is now nailed on, as the game has been postponed because they are in the 5th round of the cup.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Feb 2018 10:50

A lot of people thought we'd get something from the Millwall game. Looks like we might need to get something in one of the away games.

I think we'd be OK taking just 1 point for the whole month though.