Opposition fans back from the game

4464 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by Maneki Neko » 08 Jan 2018 14:00

im glad I highlighted the issue. Its certainly winkled a few decent posts out of you lot

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jan 2018 14:08

Maneki Neko im glad I highlighted the issue. Its certainly winkled a few decent posts out of you lot

turbot honest, I'm not sure I'd agree. But not going to get crabby about it.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Jan 2018 14:10

Hound Cod we just move on from this now?

I'll have to mullet over.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 08 Jan 2018 14:12

bcubed
CountryRoyal
can see why Reading are struggling, no intensity, trying to play from the back but on today’s evidence not the quality of players to execute the plan. Played into our hands especially as we really seemed up for it

I thought Reading were poor and toothless
Lack of confidence...

A Reading fan said it was the pitch and strong winds today. My view was they was out classed out musseled and out played, but then again I'm a Boro fan.you can't even make it up

I just wish we'd bloody won today with such a good opportunity. I didn't once think we'd lose that today and forgot we were laying a championship side. Felt like we were playing a side below us in the league that we should have beaten but didn't create enough clear chances.

Can't argue with any of that.

I came away wishing I was a Stevenage fan and could watch that level of desire and aggression and will to win every week

The basics you mean ..

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Jan 2018 14:16

Indeed

The basics from a fans perspective anyway

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 08 Jan 2018 15:00

Well, that performance was a load of cod scallop!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jan 2018 15:12

Dick Habbin's hairdo Well, that performance was a load of cod scallop!

And on Saturday it’s off to Hull as Reading attempt to refloat their boat. Let’s hope we have a whale of a time and FINish the season strongly

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 Jan 2018 15:14

Longhorn1970
bcubed
CountryRoyal

I came away wishing I was a Stevenage fan and could watch that level of desire and aggression and will to win every week

The basics you mean ..

just not seeing the pun in this one

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 08 Jan 2018 15:19

Maneki Neko
Longhorn1970
bcubed

The basics you mean ..

just not seeing the pun in this one

I don't get what you mean, you need to be more Pacific please

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Jan 2018 15:33

fuck.

me.

double d

by double d » 08 Jan 2018 15:43

Cod off stealh papes. We are having a whale of a time.

The Reverend

by The Reverend » 04 Apr 2018 00:04

Crikey

It's been a while since we cared what anyone else thought

I've been watching Villa for more than 20 years now, I've seen some batterings (mainly with us on the receiving end), I've seen us play that awful Derby team in the Premier League, I've seen the likes of Hereford, Tranmere, Chester, Darlington, Notts County come here, I've seen part timers from Iceland play in a dead rubber in the UEFA Cup qualifying rounds... yet I've never seen a team with such a lack of ambition and quality as Reading tonight.

Absolutely oxf*rd awful. And Tyler Blackett, oxf*rd me sideways

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Apr 2018 00:05

The Reverend Crikey

I've been watching Villa for more than 20 years now, I've seen some batterings (mainly with us on the receiving end), I've seen us play that awful Derby team in the Premier League, I've seen the likes of Hereford, Tranmere, Chester, Darlington, Notts County come here, I've seen part timers from Iceland play in a dead rubber in the UEFA Cup qualifying rounds... yet I've never seen a team with such a lack of ambition and quality as Reading tonight.

Absolutely word for word spot on.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Apr 2018 00:14

CountryRoyal
The Reverend Crikey

The cold reality is this is a poor quality squad. Our central midfielders are feeble with a complete lack of physicality and little creativity. Yes Van Den Berg is physical but is painfully slow and in reality belongs in the lower divisions. Our defence is error prone and our striker options threadbare.
We just have to hope that Barnsley screw up from here because it’s us or them for 22nd spot in my view.

There have been so many poor signings. Edwards, Blackett, Van Den Berg, Aluko, Popa, Beerens etc. Our loan signings especially Martin have been dire. Stam, Tevreden and Gourlay should hang their heads in shame.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Apr 2018 00:17

Zip
CountryRoyal
The Reverend Crikey

The cold reality is this is a poor quality squad. Our central midfielders are feeble with a complete lack of physicality and little creativity. Yes Van Den Berg is physical but is painfully slow and in reality belongs in the lower divisions. Our defence is error prone and our striker options threadbare.
We just have to hope that Barnsley screw up from here because it’s us or them for 22nd spot in my view.

There have been so many poor signings. Edwards, Blackett, Van Den Berg, Aluko, Popa, Beerens etc. Our loan signings especially Martin have been dire. Stam, Tevreden and Gourlay should hang their heads in shame.

i think its between us Barnsley and Bolton. and they still have to play each other. its a terribly depressing place we find ourselves in right now.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 04 Apr 2018 01:05

Reading made Sunderland look hard to beat.

Easiest game this season

Reading were shocking worst team who have been VP this season,got abit boring to the end with the pure domination.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Apr 2018 01:29

Not the smartest of individuals seeing as we were down to 10 men from the 30th minute. Wouldn't care a jot what they think as the sending off made the game irrelevant from that moment.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 04 Apr 2018 02:07

FiNeRaIn Not the smartest of individuals seeing as we were down to 10 men from the 30th minute. Wouldn't care a jot what they think as the sending off made the game irrelevant from that moment.

Not often I find myself agreeing with you but this time you have it spot on. 0-0 up until half time, including 15 mins down to 10 men. Imagine Villa got a rocket at half time and after our exertion on Friday, with precisely fck all actual confidence in ourselves, the result really was an inevitability.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 04 Apr 2018 02:25

Villa fans clearly have short memories. At the beginning of the season we battered them when they had 11 players. 2-1 flattered them, should've be 5-0. They were the worst championship side I've seen this season.

What did they expect our team have zero confidence they are riding high, and our team have played twice in 3 days with 10 players.

Morons

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 04 Apr 2018 16:58

The Reverend Crikey

I think this is pinned remark that this dull-witted guy dishes out a few times every season .Has done in the past and will in the future. So boringly obvious.

4464 posts