CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

183 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Tommy Elphick

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 09:58

Villa look in a right mess. Apparently administration is even a possibility

Wouldn’t be suprised to see Elphick join imminently. Not sure if there Is anyone else there worth looking at. Hutton short term if Obita isn’t 100% maybe? Hogan on loan?

That P.O. defeat looks like it will screw them up even more than it did us

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 09:59

Hound Villa look in a right mess. Apparently administration is even a possibility

Wouldn’t be suprised to see Elphick join imminently. Not sure if there Is anyone else there worth looking at. Hutton short term if Obita isn’t 100% maybe? Hogan on loan?

Yeah I'd have a little raid on them. Elphick for sure and wouldn't be against Hourihane if the money was right.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 10:16

yeah he was the other one who came to mind as maybe one to look at.

Hutton was one which I reckon Clement may consider. OOC, but just had a decent season there. Similar 'leader' type player to the ones he has been looking at. Would much rather Obita long term, but I'm far from convinced he'll be ready for the new season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Jun 2018 10:38

Hound Villa look in a right mess. Apparently administration is even a possibility

Henri Lansbury in a heartbeat

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 11:03

John Smith

what has happened to him, almost forgot he was there. Has he been injured?
But yep, always rated him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 11:12

Hound
John Smith

Don't think so. I know he had a severe case of "shite hair" at one point, think he is over it now though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 11:48

had a quick scan through the villa forum on him. Sounds like a luxury payer on 40k a week with 3 years left of his contract. So prob not really what we are after

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 11:53

Hound
John Smith

Would take a look at Kodjia too if he's going cheap. Hasn't pulled up trees for them but is a decent Championship striker.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jun 2018 12:22

if we were looking for a winger, I would consider Albert Adomah. He is Villa's player of the season and they are looking to offload him, but I would assume that's because of his wages but they don't see to be that high by Villa standards

Scott Hogan is apparently on £35,000/wk which makes him a firm no from me.

https://sillyseason.com/salary/aston-villa-players-salaries-99599/

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 12:27

From Despair To Where? if we were looking for a winger, I would consider Albert Adomah. He is Villa's player of the season and they are looking to offload him, but I would assume that's because of his wages. so WCMDBAP.

Scott Hogan is apparently on £40,000/wk which makes him a firm no from me.

Wouldn't sign Hogan permanently, but loan with paying a percentage of those wages would make it a possibility. Reckon Villa would be open to it

£40m for Grealish is surely the most wishful of thinking. Maddison is a better player who had a better season and looks like he will be going for half of that

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2018 12:29

From Despair To Where? if we were looking for a winger, I would consider Albert Adomah. He is Villa's player of the season and they are looking to offload him, but I would assume that's because of his wages but they don't see to be that high by Villa standards

I refuse to believe Gabby Agbonlahor is on £55,000 a week.

What’s that site’s source?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 12:32

genome
From Despair To Where? if we were looking for a winger, I would consider Albert Adomah. He is Villa's player of the season and they are looking to offload him, but I would assume that's because of his wages but they don't see to be that high by Villa standards

I refuse to believe Gabby Agbonlahor is on £55,000 a week.

What’s that site’s source?

I can believe they would have given him a stupid deal back in the Premier League and not write in a relegation clause though. Forgot he even existed until you just mentioned him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 12:32

wonder how accurate that is. Some pretty scary wages if so. I wouldn't want us to be paying that much for Elphick btw - quite possibly a big sticking point. Especially if they want a fee for him as well.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jun 2018 12:33

Agbonlahor signed a 4 year extension in 2014.

I'm not saying that artile is gospel but I don't think it's that wide of the mark. Elphick was De Mateo's first signing in 2016 when Xia was throwing money at promotion so £25,000/wk is possible.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 06 Jun 2018 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jun 2018 12:35

Hound

wonder how accurate that is. Some pretty scary wages if so. I wouldn't want us to be paying that much for Elphick btw - quite possibly a big sticking point. Especially if they want a fee for him as well.

Would depend on Moore leaving I guess. Would imagine Moore is on something very similar so if Elphick was the replacement it wouldn't make much odds when you consider the fee we would get for him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 12:37

Old Man Andrews
Hound

Would depend on Moore leaving I guess. Would imagine Moore is on something very similar so if Elphick was the replacement it wouldn't make much odds when you consider the fee we would get for him.

yep fair enough if Moore went. If not, I suspect, Moore, Ilori and McShane are all on tidy sums. Would be paying 20k+ each I reckon for 2 back up centre backs

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Jun 2018 13:19

Hound
From Despair To Where? if we were looking for a winger, I would consider Albert Adomah. He is Villa's player of the season and they are looking to offload him, but I would assume that's because of his wages. so WCMDBAP.

Wouldn't sign Hogan permanently, but loan with paying a percentage of those wages would make it a possibility. Reckon Villa would be open to it

£40m for Grealish is surely the most wishful of thinking. Maddison is a better player who had a better season and looks like he will be going for half of that

This confuses me Hound. 1. Maddison is nowhere near as good as Grealish behave, but 2. Maddison going for £20m? More like £2m.

Basildon

by Basildon » 06 Jun 2018 13:33

CountryRoyal
Hound

This confuses me Hound. 1. Maddison is nowhere near as good as Grealish behave, but 2. Maddison going for £20m? More like £2m.

He's on about James Maddison for Norwich

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jun 2018 13:34

CountryRoyal
Hound

we're talking James Maddison here right. Of Norwich, who scored that free kick against us, and made the Champ team of the year despite playing for a shit team

Not the lad from Peterboro who we are rumoured to be interested in

Anyway, just on this villa thing still, sounds like a lot of the problem is that Xia chap can't get money out of China to fund the club. Which I suppose is a bit worrying in itself being as we are similarly owned. Obvs they've spent a lot more than we have mind you

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Jun 2018 13:52

Hound Anyway, just on this villa thing still, sounds like a lot of the problem is that Xia chap can't get money out of China to fund the club. Which I suppose is a bit worrying in itself being as we are similarly owned. Obvs they've spent a lot more than we have mind you

Having a dual Brit cit/Chinese owner on the board alleviates a lot of barriers apparently.

183 posts