World Cup Punditry

149 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

World Cup Punditry

by genome » 18 Jun 2018 10:08

Anyone particular you have enjoyed? Loathed?

Some "special" moments over the weekend. My favourites:

Patrice Evra clapping Eni Aluko - possibly the most patronising thing I've ever seen
Slaven Bilic asked for his views on an incident and saying "to be honest, I don't care"
Roy Keane looking like he wanted to murder Bilic for touching him on the shoulder
Lawrenson's vendetta against France's right-back
The BBC feed cutting out whenever they went to Phil Neville for his opinion after France vs Australia

Old Man Andrews

Re: World Cup Punditry

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jun 2018 10:11

My favourite was Mark Lawrenson. Loved how he had it in for the French early doors and completely ripped their right back Pavard to shreds the entire game. Lovely stuff.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jun 2018 10:12

On the other hand I cannot stand Danny Murphy, little troll. Thinks he's oxf*rd hilarious.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2018 10:14

Old Man Andrews On the other hand I cannot stand Danny Murphy, little troll. Thinks he's oxf*rd hilarious.

Forgot that one.

*Ronaldo lines up the free kick*
Murphy: "He can't go over the wall here"
*Ronaldo fires it over the wall and in*

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jun 2018 10:15

I also enjoyed the American commentator at the end of the Iceland game claiming Iceland had won the game 1-1.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2018 10:18

I think that was intentional, it was a reference to this:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Jun 2018 10:21

They're all pcunts but I've been particularly rattled by Matterface and Pearce with their pre-planned anecdotes that they insist on going through regardless of what is happening on the pitch, can't remember which match it was but Pearce was telling some story about a previous world cup and his co-commentator had to point out to him that we were watching someone recieving treatment and what had happened.

And Matterface's "Hand of Cod" that he (and ITV) probably think is the cleverest thing ever said literally made me beat the shit out of a fish, i feel worse for Natalie Sawyer every time I hear the twat speak.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2018 10:25

Silver Fox They're all pcunts but I've been particularly rattled by Matterface and Pearce with their pre-planned anecdotes that they insist on going through regardless of what is happening on the pitch, can't remember which match it was but Pearce was telling some story about a previous world cup and his co-commentator had to point out to him that we were watching someone recieving treatment and what had happened.

I think it was yesterday during the crucial last 10 minutes of the Germany Mexico match, the Germans were on the attack and the BBC commentator decided to ask Phil Fcuking Neville about England's chances against Tunisia :roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jun 2018 10:41

Silver Fox They're all pcunts but I've been particularly rattled by Matterface and Pearce with their pre-planned anecdotes that they insist on going through regardless of what is happening on the pitch, can't remember which match it was but Pearce was telling some story about a previous world cup and his co-commentator had to point out to him that we were watching someone recieving treatment and what had happened.

And Matterface's "Hand of Cod" that he (and ITV) probably think is the cleverest thing ever said literally made me beat the shit out of a fish, i feel worse for Natalie Sawyer every time I hear the twat speak.

How he pulled Sawyer is one of lifes mysteries. She saw sense in the end and got shot of him and shacked up with that Brentford footballer.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 18 Jun 2018 14:24

I'm finding the World Cup all the more enjoyable for just turning the tv on a couple of minutes before kickoff and not listening to the half time nonsense. The bits I have caught makes me think the only people who give a toss about VAR are those in TV studios trying to create some kind of controversy out of nothing to fill the minutes. Just need to find a Hoddle auto-mute feature for the matches.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 18 Jun 2018 15:12

LOL, made the mistake of keeping it on after the Sweden v S Korea match. Why have they got Michael the Geordie doing the VAR analysis?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Jun 2018 18:59

6ft Kerplunk LOL, made the mistake of keeping it on after the Sweden v S Korea match. Why have they got Michael the Geordie doing the VAR analysis?

And he’s as camp as Christmas.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 18 Jun 2018 22:03

Big loves for Ian Wright and Kelly Smith on Fox Sports. Alexi Lalas the ultimate Marmite pundit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jun 2018 22:22

Lawrensen and Phil Neville are an utter abomination. Neville in particular talks so much bollocks and seems incapable of saying anything that isn't in a one note forced tone of faked excitement. I hate him now more than I hated him for ruining us against Romania the stupid pcunty pcunt.

Evra, Bilic and Dixon good value, despite Evra patronising Aluko, who needs to put her teeth in when she tries to tall. Jones has been pretty good, same for Gabby. Shearer surprisingly unhateful. Cesc decent.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Jun 2018 22:24

people moan too much about this kind of stuff...

but...

Lawrenson is pretty annoying. it is like listening to an old man in the pub who mumbles something every now again and you're kind of forced to say "mmmmhmmmmm"

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Jun 2018 22:58

Watching the highlights back, disappointed with the goal commentary from Mowbray tonight. Deserved more enthusiasm.

In fact, both of them were overly negative in the 2nd half.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jun 2018 08:05

Snowflake Royal Lawrensen and Phil Neville are an utter abomination.

No he isn't. Try and get a sense of humour, he is hilarious.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Jun 2018 10:49

Lawrensen is hilarious. The problem is you're laughing at him rather than with him.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Jun 2018 11:23

Phil Neville is as fick as fook!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jun 2018 17:37

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal Lawrensen and Phil Neville are an utter abomination.

No he isn't. Try and get a sense of humour, he is hilarious.

Possibly to morons.

149 posts