Greyhound parking

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Greyhound parking

by muirinho » 22 Jun 2018 11:02

WAZZOCK
John Madejski's Wallet Build a stadium in a place specifically to allow people to drive to it, then shut every single car park

Awesome work lads

Sexist

Where I'm from, lads is gender neutral (as is guys). Think that usage should be adopted everywhere

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 22 Jun 2018 11:12

Where's that? Tilehurst?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 24 Jun 2018 13:05

Wimb How is the Mereoak Park & Ride? Looks an attractive option but always unsure how many busses run/how often on a matchday?

It's generally decent, but it does need the guy who runs the P&R down there kicking the backsides of the council(?) who run the buses every single week.

He knows that after the game they need as many buses as possible ready and waiting after the final whistle. The other idiots still believe trying to run it to a timetable is the best way, using as few buses as possible.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 27 Jun 2018 09:44

The Speedway (aka Greyhound) car park (Go Racers!) will be open for use from the start of the season.

There is the possibility that by the end of the season it will be being 'developed' and this is the reason the club cannot sell season passes for it.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 27 Jun 2018 10:45

Good news. I just don't trust parking my car on the roads around Whitley having been broken into before.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jun 2018 14:19

STAR Liaison The Speedway (aka Greyhound) car park (Go Racers!) will be open for use from the start of the season.

There is the possibility that by the end of the season it will be being 'developed' and this is the reason the club cannot sell season passes for it.

Thanks STAR, nice to see you have a use in close season :D

I like the vagueness of it all. The possibility of it being developed - anyone know what the plans are, will we see speedway making a return or just more residential?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 28 Jun 2018 08:48

Sutekh
STAR Liaison The Speedway (aka Greyhound) car park (Go Racers!) will be open for use from the start of the season.

Thanks STAR, nice to see you have a use in close season :D

I like the vagueness of it all. The possibility of it being developed - anyone know what the plans are, will we see speedway making a return or just more residential?

Cheers, mate. There's no close season at STAR! It's vague on the grounds of not wanting to be proved wrong.

FWIW in my view; Speedway 0% chance, more retail 20%, yet another hotel 20%, residential 50%, pleasure gardens and bandstand 0%, multi storey car park for Reading fans 2% (ever the optimist), 8% Other.

TadleyDave

by TadleyDave » 28 Jun 2018 10:24

My wife rang the club who advised her that they had only secured the car park until Christmas so after that you will have to look elsewhere,I'm annoyed that the club haven't announced this as people could look for other options if the need arises.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 07 Jul 2018 21:03

Park where ffs?
The only bus where we live is rammed even when we’re down the bottom of the league.
What happens if we got promotion? last time you couldn’t breathe on the bus and people were left behind as there was no space.
Last year due to more parking spaces being shut down and the extra cars going into the Greyhound stadium along with the shoddy football and the piss poor synchronisation of the lights on that oxf*rd roundabout I couldn’t be arsed to go through the hassle, especially midweek. I’ll stick to the away games and f... the Madjeski from Xmas.
Reading .... you couldn’t make it up.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 08 Jul 2018 00:58

Wimb How is the Mereoak Park & Ride? Looks an attractive option but always unsure how many busses run/how often on a matchday?

I think it’s excellent. I get there at about 2pm and it takes around 15 minutes to get to the stadium. There is usually a pretty long queue after the match but on average the wait is no more than 20/25 minutes. The bus only takes about ten minutes to get back to Mereoak. Generally it’s slightly quicker to get back on the motorway after a match than it would be if I parked at the Stadium and it’s a damn sight cheaper.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jul 2018 08:24

Think this really needs to be highlighted in the local media who could at least ask the relevant parties what is going on and establish officially the lack of plans for football parking. Could also determine what is actually going on with REP. All in all it’s truly ridiculous to have so much space that could be used for parking about a stadium that’s right on a motorway junction.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Jul 2018 16:08

Sutekh Think this really needs to be highlighted in the local media who could at least ask the relevant parties what is going on and establish officially the lack of plans for football parking. Could also determine what is actually going on with REP. All in all it’s truly ridiculous to have so much space that could be used for parking about a stadium that’s right on a motorway junction.

There is a parking option though as already described above . . . . .

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Jul 2018 10:21

Sutekh Think this really needs to be highlighted in the local media who could at least ask the relevant parties what is going on and establish officially the lack of plans for football parking. Could also determine what is actually going on with REP. All in all it’s truly ridiculous to have so much space that could be used for parking about a stadium that’s right on a motorway junction.

Couldn't they just hire a team of marshalls to take money/man the Costco car park? Both could get a cut and everyone's a winner