What are you planning for Saturday?

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

What are you planning for Saturday?

by Theroyalbox » 05 Jul 2018 12:00

I feel like this is a really big decision these kind of events don't come around all too often.

My day is going to start with a big café breakfast, then I will be heading down to Brighton for a few beers in the local pubs before going down to the beach cinema screen.

Then my evening will be filled with tears of joy or tears of sadness but I will drown my sorrows in Brighton then stay in a Travelodge

ICH

Old Man Andrews

Re: What are you planning for Saturday?

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 12:03

Trying desperately to get out of something in order to make it home for the start of the match. Going to be touch and go. Really needed it to be the 7pm kick off.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Jul 2018 12:06

Already going to a mate's gaff for a BBQ, will pay far more attention than if the game was Switzerland v Colombia

As it's definitely coming home I doubt I'll be over dramatic about Saturday tbf, I've seen England win 2 QFs already after all, it's Wednesday that I've got on my mind

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Jul 2018 12:15

Looking like the town hall end of Friar street again, will be large queues forming from around 13.30 so I'm getting into the Monks around midday to get my seat in front of one of the larger screens.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 05 Jul 2018 12:30

windermereROYAL Looking like the town hall end of Friar street again, will be large queues forming from around 13.30 so I'm getting into the Monks around midday to get my seat in front of one of the larger screens.

What is Reading like for it, I have been watching games in the station tap which has been great, but a real shame there was a big fight in there on Tuesday which has put me off.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Jul 2018 12:49

Theroyalbox
windermereROYAL Looking like the town hall end of Friar street again, will be large queues forming from around 13.30 so I'm getting into the Monks around midday to get my seat in front of one of the larger screens.

What is Reading like for it, I have been watching games in the station tap which has been great, but a real shame there was a big fight in there on Tuesday which has put me off.

Not seen any disturbances yet, all the pubs at this end of Friar st will be showing the game, the walkabout is normally the most popular, but there will be a long queue to get in there, Yates normally have a queue too. O,Neills will be packed from about 14.00, after the game if we win will be blocking the road with dancing revellers , being the peak shopping day of the week it could get interesting.
That part of Friar st will be closed to traffic one hour before and one hour after the game.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Jul 2018 13:57

Whatever it is I probably won't remember it on Sunday.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2018 14:25

Old Man Andrews Trying desperately to get out of something in order to make it home for the start of the match. Going to be touch and go. Really needed it to be the 7pm kick off.

Just say you're not doing the thing or that you will be leaving at whatever time...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 14:28

BR0B0T
Old Man Andrews Trying desperately to get out of something in order to make it home for the start of the match. Going to be touch and go. Really needed it to be the 7pm kick off.

Just say you're not doing the thing or that you will be leaving at whatever time...

Not as easy as that. My daughter does dancing and shes in a big production on Saturday that I promised to do to ages ago so she will be upset if I don't go. I am going to agree to go but leave as soon as I know she has done all her bits I think.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 05 Jul 2018 14:41

Daughters come and go, world cupz stay eternal.

dedicated.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 05 Jul 2018 15:05

Old Man Andrews
BR0B0T

Not as easy as that. My daughter does dancing and shes in a big production on Saturday that I promised to do to ages ago so she will be upset if I don't go. I am going to agree to go but leave as soon as I know she has done all her bits I think.

Who will be more upset, your daughter if you miss her dance, or you if you miss Harry Maguires last minute winner?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Jul 2018 15:07

Theroyalbox
Old Man Andrews
BR0B0T

Who will be more upset, your daughter if you miss her dance, or you if you miss Harry Maguires last minute winner?

I can get back in time to watch the majority of the game I am just worried about missing the build up and start. I hate missing the anthems and stuff like that. I will find a way!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jul 2018 15:07

Didn't realise the monks had TVs?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Jul 2018 15:11

bobby1413

Ever since it was taken over by the the Yates chain,

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 05 Jul 2018 15:25

windermereROYAL
bobby1413

what is the Best place to go do you reckon WR?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Jul 2018 15:37

Theroyalbox
windermereROYAL
bobby1413

what is the Best place to go do you reckon WR?

Depends what you want really? if you like the crowds and plenty of youngsters and expensive beer do the walkabout Yates or O,Neils, Not saying the Monks lacks atmoshere but the beer is cheaper. and theres every chance of getting a good spot if you get there early enough.
You normally need ID at the doors of these places too.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2018 16:39

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 05 Jul 2018 17:11

9:00 kick off here and heading to the Three Lions pub in Milwaukee, which is going to be rammed with ex-pats.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 05 Jul 2018 18:55

I was supposed to be going to see The Cure but as I cancelled that as soon as I realised football was coming home, which was right after the Panama game. So now I’ll be drinking all day and celebrating our win late into the night.

ICH

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jul 2018 19:10

‘spect The Cure cancelled before you did

WCW