Season 2018/2019

271 posts
bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Season 2018/2019

by bobby1413 » 22 Jul 2018 12:25

If we win the majority of our games I think we'll finish near the top. However, if we lose most then we'll be lower down I think

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jul 2018 12:55

Snowflake Royal I see no reason to assume we'll be worse.

Good god if we are it`s going to be a long agonising 9 months. personally I agree we can`t be that bad again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2018 13:00

windermereROYAL

Good god if we are it`s going to be a long agonising 9 months. personally I agree we can`t be that bad again.

Oh, I'm sure we can, I just don't see why you'd actually expect us to be.

I also don't understand why someone would still be following the club if they're such a miserablist. Life's short and shit, why make it worse by wallowing in a hobby you haven't enjoyed for years.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jul 2018 13:37

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

I also don't understand why someone would still be following the club if they're such a miserablist. Life's short and shit, why make it worse by wallowing in a hobby you haven't enjoyed for years.

Where did I say I expected us to be? learn to read before going off on one you cabbage.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2018 14:01

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

Where did I say I expected us to be? learn to read before going off on one you cabbage.

:roll: Where did I say that was aimed at you, I did start the point with "someone". Dont be so hypersensitive you turnip, it was a continuation of the point I was making in the post you quoted.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 23 Jul 2018 08:34

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL

Some people like to moan and whinge about football. They're get their daily frustrations out on it. If people pay their money and go it's up to them if they want to miserable or joyous. It's called freedom of choice.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jul 2018 08:37

bobby1413 If we win the majority of our games I think we'll finish near the top. However, if we lose most then we'll be lower down I think

Really think football will end up being the winner this season. If we put the ball in the goal we score. Simple as that.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Jul 2018 10:27

Old Man Andrews
bobby1413 If we win the majority of our games I think we'll finish near the top. However, if we lose most then we'll be lower down I think

Really think football will end up being the winner this season. If we put the ball in the goal we score. Simple as that.

I honestly believe that we should just try to score more goals then we concede. I've been emailing the club for years with that suggestion but no one seems to listen . . . . .

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 23 Jul 2018 10:30

Elm Park Kid I honestly believe that we should just try to score more goals then we concede. I've been emailing the club for years with that suggestion but no one seems to listen . . . . .

I've said that too, that each time we surge forward we should be aiming for the goal. I even told Jaap once but I don't think he understood as he just shook his head and walked off

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jul 2018 10:51

bobby1413
Elm Park Kid I honestly believe that we should just try to score more goals then we concede. I've been emailing the club for years with that suggestion but no one seems to listen . . . . .

I've said that too, that each time we surge forward we should be aiming for the goal. I even told Jaap once but I don't think he understood as he just shook his head and walked off

Call me a bit of a non conformist but the whole notion of trying to score a goal is a bit unoriginal and dated. I was quite happy last season when we decided to abandon that tactic.

Keeps it fresh and exciting.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2018 10:52

CountryRoyal
bobby1413

Call me a bit of a non conformist but the whole notion of trying to score a goal is a bit unoriginal and dated. I was quite happy last season when we decided to abandon that tactic.

yep, fresh and exciting is a great way to describe last season certainly. Couldn't have worded it any better

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Jul 2018 11:11

Hound
CountryRoyal
bobby1413

yep, fresh and exciting is a great way to describe last season certainly. Couldn't have worded it any better

No goals is better than bad goals.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jul 2018 11:13

Once you go back you never attack.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2018 12:07

must admit, despite being quite optimistic for the season, starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of striker coming in. Thought something would be tied up by now, but seems quite quiet on that front. Don't really want a last minute panic signing coming in, like the abysmal Martin last season

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Jul 2018 12:12

Hound must admit, despite being quite optimistic for the season, starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of striker coming in. Thought something would be tied up by now, but seems quite quiet on that front. Don't really want a last minute panic signing coming in, like the abysmal Martin last season

Yes we should be looking for a striker that got 28 goals last season.

But all seriousness I believe PC is looking to use Meite up top. we do need another striker in, but if we don`t it`s not the end of the world, there are goals in this squad, we just need to create more than we did last year. Kane would have struggled in that team.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2018 12:20

Agree it wouldn't be the end of the world if we go into the season with Meite, McNulty and Bod (and presumably Smith would stay), but its massively inexperienced at that level.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jul 2018 12:27

Hound must admit, despite being quite optimistic for the season, starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of striker coming in. Thought something would be tied up by now, but seems quite quiet on that front. Don't really want a last minute panic signing coming in, like the abysmal Martin last season

I am way more concerned about our attacking midfield to be honest. I really wanted us to get someone in who would push Kelly and Swift hard. Mason Mount on loan would have been perfect for us imo. Kelly and Swift go into the season knowing there is no real pressure on their places, its going to lead to complacency and them sauntering around the pitch like they did last season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2018 12:32

Clement is an option, and has impressed in pre-season. Edwards is still knocking about as well, and would hopefully be better if he was properly played as an attacking CM. Apparently Aluko can play there. And if you play Bacuna/Rinomhota alongside Meyler, then they are competing with each other

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jul 2018 12:33

Hound Clement is an option, and has impressed in pre-season. Edwards is still knocking about as well. Apparently Aluko can play there. And if you play Bacuna/Rinomhota alongside Meyler, then they are competing with each other

Do you want to give me an aneurysm?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2018 12:34

Old Man Andrews
Hound Clement is an option, and has impressed in pre-season. Edwards is still knocking about as well. Apparently Aluko can play there. And if you play Bacuna/Rinomhota alongside Meyler, then they are competing with each other

Do you want to give me an aneurysm?

yeah not ideal I know. But I think he would suit the system PC is putting together far more than Stam's tippy tappy stuff. Would still rather get rid

271 posts