Bodvarsson is tiny eh?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Smallest Attack in Champ

by Platypuss » 31 Jul 2018 12:40

Meite - 6'1"
Bod - 6'2"

I would have said you're better than this, but I've read your other posts.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2018 12:57

Jesus how about average weight? Or dick size? What a stupid thread.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 31 Jul 2018 13:31

How about lowest IQ of fanbase?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 31 Jul 2018 13:39

Royalwaster How about lowest IQ of fanbase?

Do you mean who has the lowest IQ of our fanbase? Or which club's fanbase has the lowest average IQ?

If we're going to discuss irrelevant questions, might as well know which particular one we're meant to discuss....

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jul 2018 13:40

So what you're saying is, apart from our tall strikers, we have a really short strikeforce. Gotcha.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2018 13:42

muirinho
Royalwaster How about lowest IQ of fanbase?

Do you mean who has the lowest IQ of our fanbase? Or which club's fanbase has the lowest average IQ?

If we're going to discuss irrelevant questions, might as well know which particular one we're meant to discuss....

Leeds. Most definitely Leeds.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2018 13:46

Brentford. Literally the first club I looked up. All the forwards who's height I could find.

Neal Maupay 5ft7
Ollie Watkins 5ft 11
Justin Shaibu 5ft 11
Sergio Canos 5ft9
Said Benrahma 5ft8

Is this our worst thread of the season?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2018 13:53

NewCorkSeth Brentford. Literally the first club I looked up. All the forwards who's height I could find.

Neal Maupay 5ft7
Ollie Watkins 5ft 11
Justin Shaibu 5ft 11
Sergio Canos 5ft9
Said Benrahma 5ft8

I'm sure there'll be plenty worse

also ignores the fact that Aluko isnt a striker (or anything really). Swift was playing CF on Saturday basically and must be 6ft ish

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 31 Jul 2018 13:58

Hound
NewCorkSeth Brentford. Literally the first club I looked up. All the forwards who's height I could find.

Neal Maupay 5ft7
Ollie Watkins 5ft 11
Justin Shaibu 5ft 11
Sergio Canos 5ft9
Said Benrahma 5ft8

I'm sure there'll be plenty worse

also ignores the fact that Aluko isnt a striker (or anything really). Swift was playing CF on Saturday basically and must be 6ft ish

I don't know Hound. This thread really does combine equal amounts of pointlessness and stupidity. Top three in 'Worst post of 2018' definitely.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Jul 2018 14:04

paddy20 M Macnulty - 5'10"
M Barrow - 5'9"
S Aluko - 5'8"
S Baldock - 5'7"

Oh dear. Oh deary deary me.

Head in sand moment from you there young man.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 31 Jul 2018 14:07

Would still like to see another target man come in regardless but that won't happen now, think Meite should be put on the wing and Bodvarsson therefore would be our only target man striker (I think?) with Kermorgant terminating his contract, could do with another one especially if we are playing one up top.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2018 14:14

RoyalJones Would still like to see another target man come in regardless but that won't happen now, think Meite should be put on the wing and Bodvarsson therefore would be our only target man striker (I think?) with Kermorgant terminating his contract, could do with another one especially if we are playing one up top.

What?

You want 4 players for 1 position?

Purely because only 1 is tall?

Christ how many players do you think we should have for CM? 12?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2018 14:21

Meite is an absolute beast. Not massively tall, but tall enough and will win plenty in the air

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Jul 2018 15:36

RoyalJones Would still like to see another target man come in regardless but that won't happen now, think Meite should be put on the wing and Bodvarsson therefore would be our only target man striker (I think?) with Kermorgant terminating his contract, could do with another one especially if we are playing one up top.

Wow. I've seen some things on this forum but a target man on the wing is really up there.
What the oxf*rd are you on about?!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2018 15:44

John Smith

Wow. I've seen some things on this forum but a target man on the wing is really up there.

Meite played as a winger for PSGs youth team...

russyb

by russyb » 31 Jul 2018 15:46

John Smith

I get where he is coming from, Meite played there for us before he went out on loan, He would obviously be there instead of Aluko, and using Bod /Mcnulty or both up front, its not actually that bad of an idea.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Jul 2018 15:47

russyb
John Smith

I get where he is coming from, Meite played there for us before he went out on loan, He would obviously be there instead of Aluko, and using Bod /Mcnulty or both up front, its not actually that bad of an idea.

Take your point m8 fair play

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jul 2018 16:46

John Smith

Does anyone remember Ian Ormandroyd - seem to recall he was about 6 foot 6 and mainly used as a target man for Bradford but can remember one or two games where he was out in the wing for them and was heading crosses into the box for others to get on the end of.

As to Meite, he’s been one of the few players who have done really well in preseason. He’s got tricks, a small amount of pace and has just a little presence about him. If he can build on his match experience and the club can figure out the best way to use that then we could have a real match winner.