Summer Transfers

567 posts
DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Summer Transfers

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Aug 2018 07:58

loyalroyal4life
Hound Yep agreed with both of the above. A creative attacking midfielder is I suppose dependent on whether PC has seen enough of Swift to think he is up to the job. Jury obvs out at the moment

CB to replace Moore and I’ll be happy enough

Maddison in would complete a decent window

Agree..Maddison would be a decent player to get in...

Considering all the fanfare from the Peterborough chairman and DoF about how there were many Championship clubs queueing up to secure his signature ...its gone very quiet on this one...so was the interest as big as they were saying or was it a ploy to max out on the transfer fee?...next few weeks will be interesting with this one..

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 01 Aug 2018 08:33

Maneki Neko generally quite pleased with summer business on a budget.
at the very least its clear that clement was able to identify what was needed in the squad, in terms of position and attributes, and then get the right kinds of players in, that we could afford and would want to come here.

this is the complete opposite of our random and profligate transfer policy of last summer of just buying mostly the same kind of midfielders.

moore going will put a big hole in our plans and preparations, but as long as we replace him with a decent player with decent experience at this level ill be happy with that n all

I was really worried about our business until I looked at who we've signed and let go of.

Kermorgant off the books (wasn't worth keeping)

Quinn, Mendes, Rakels, Weiser, VDB. All either not good enough for the championship or gets injured to much.

We have brought in quality like Meyler (free), Yaidom (free), Mcnaulty (who I think can get goals and is almost free in this market) and of course Baldock.

This season might not be all doom and gloom like most expect. However I do agree though, 1 more Attacking Mid and a Centre back. this season might turn out ok.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Aug 2018 12:42

as a side note Brighton are looking to offload Oliver Norwood for offers above 1.5 Million. thats a steal at that price. not sure if he would fit in now but would be a shame to see him go anywhere else especially Hull.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Aug 2018 12:54

linkenholtroyal as a side note Brighton are looking to offload Oliver Norwood for offers above 1.5 Million. thats a steal at that price. not sure if he would fit in now but would be a shame to see him go anywhere else especially Hull.

Thought he was incredibly wasteful for us, particularly when taking set pieces.
Hull are welcome to him.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Aug 2018 16:47

Clement saying on SSN still expecting 1 or 2 more to join before Friday, but if not, then will use the loan extension period

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Aug 2018 17:04

DOYLERSAROYALER Clement saying on SSN still expecting 1 or 2 more to join before Friday, but if not, then will use the loan extension period

Decent.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Aug 2018 17:06

NewCorkSeth
linkenholtroyal as a side note Brighton are looking to offload Oliver Norwood for offers above 1.5 Million. thats a steal at that price. not sure if he would fit in now but would be a shame to see him go anywhere else especially Hull.

Hull are welcome to him.

+1

Never warmed to him, at times looked the best of a bad bunch but not someone I’d want back here.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Aug 2018 17:27

CountryRoyal
NewCorkSeth

Hull are welcome to him.

+1

Never warmed to him, at times looked the best of a bad bunch but not someone I’d want back here.

Tend to agree, although seems to have improved as a player since then(?)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2018 18:05

I think he’s barely played since then

Didn’t rate him at all tbh, was delighted when he left

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Aug 2018 18:21

I liked Norwood but it was more for the anticipation of him doing something good rather than the reality of it. Wasn't gutted when he left.

My over riding memory is that for every 30yd worldie, there was about 500 shit set pieces and him desperately needing a midfield partner to do the donkey work for him.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Aug 2018 18:54

Hound I think he’s barely played since then

60 odd games in 2 championship promotion midfields in 2 seasons. I am not sure what I am missing here.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Aug 2018 19:00

linkenholtroyal

60 odd games in 2 championship promotion midfields in 2 seasons. I am not sure what I am missing here.

Yep, looks like over 40 apps for Fulham last season, and 38 the year prior with Brighton. Also, 35 international apps in that time. As I say, reckon he's improved some since being with us (when he was only 24).
Last edited by Denver Royal on 01 Aug 2018 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2018 19:44

linkenholtroyal

I thought the vast majority were from the bench, but yes that was more than I thought he’d played

Still the fact he is available for 1.5m and has only one team interested (who aren’t paying the asking price) is probably a better reflection of his worth

We sold him for 3m didn’t we?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 01 Aug 2018 22:42

Hound
linkenholtroyal

I thought the vast majority were from the bench, but yes that was more than I thought he’d played

Still the fact he is available for 1.5m and has only one team interested (who aren’t paying the asking price) is probably a better reflection of his worth

We sold him for 3m didn’t we?

Yer I think so undisclosed but yer 3m was what was touted.
I still think it would be a win for me, he always stringed together a decent pass or two. He also comes in with a winning mentality and knows the club. It won’t happen anyway and it would mean dropping swift or kelly. But I would rather see Norwood as another option than Edwards. Hey ho him thought I would mention it anyway.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Aug 2018 07:13

No fair enough. On paper he would look like a good signing

I don’t rate him personally but I’m sure many do

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 Aug 2018 09:24

DOYLERSAROYALER Clement saying on SSN still expecting 1 or 2 more to join before Friday, but if not, then will use the loan extension period

that sounds pretty positive tbf

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2018 11:02

Alan Nixon on twitter, who can be pretty accurate on these things, has tweeted that we are working on a midfield playmaker but it might not be done by the weekend.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Aug 2018 11:30

Stranded

Alan Nixon on twitter, who can be pretty accurate on these things, has tweeted that we are working on a midfield playmaker but it might not be done by the weekend.

Not Norwood is it?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2018 12:15

Snowball
Stranded

Not Norwood is it?

The biggest rumour appears to Josh Onomah, which I assume would be on loan but that should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2018 12:20

Stranded
Snowball
Stranded

Not Norwood is it?

The biggest rumour appears to Josh Onomah, which I assume would be on loan but that should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

That would be a solid oxf*rd signing. Surprised that Tottenham haven't looked to promote him to the first team with their injury prone midfield.

567 posts