BROBOT OUT!!!!

Old Man Andrews

Re: Clement OUT!!!!

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 13:15

Snowflake Royal Then he's a oxf*rd prick.

I agree with Mr Royal. Liam Kelly and the attitude he has are exactly what is wrong with our club at the moment. We are complacent and sleepwalking into League 1.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Aug 2018 13:29

Old Man Andrews
genome
sandman
Thought Cooper was man of the match when we lost to Millwall last season. Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd walked up to Stam and laughed in his face that day.

Is this the same Jake Cooper who made a mistake leading to a clear cut chance or goal in pretty much every game in the second half of 2015/16?

Selling him was the right decision. Some players need a fresh move before they start performing well - he wasn't going to find that form here.

Agree totally. He is ok in a shithouse team like Millwall because it is very, very basic football. For a team attempting to play utter w*nk anti- football like us he was a complete liability.

Fixed it for you

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 13:32

John Madejski's Wallet
Old Man Andrews
genome
Is this the same Jake Cooper who made a mistake leading to a clear cut chance or goal in pretty much every game in the second half of 2015/16?

Selling him was the right decision. Some players need a fresh move before they start performing well - he wasn't going to find that form here.

Agree totally. He is ok in a shithouse team like Millwall because it is very, very basic football. For a team attempting to play utter w*nk anti- football like us he was a complete liability.

Fixed it for you

Appreciated.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 20 Aug 2018 13:57

Sacking managers constantly has probably contributed to the failings over the last few years in my opinion. In defense of PC the performances have improved. I am not watching a team that is having its own goal bombarded every 5 minutes. We are also creating chances but just not taking them at the moment.

It took Pardew and McDermott a fair few games to turn a decaying team into a winning team, so hopefully with a bit of patience Clement can do the same.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2018 14:02

anti-football is an utterly bizarre interpretation of what we are currently doing

w@nk isn't though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Aug 2018 14:05

Hound anti-football is an utterly bizarre interpretation of what we are currently doing

w@nk isn't though.

No I think we were referring to when Cooper was here. The anti-football of the Stam era. We are a lot better than that under Clement, at least we try to go forward.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Aug 2018 14:11

Old Man Andrews
Hound anti-football is an utterly bizarre interpretation of what we are currently doing

w@nk isn't though.

No I think we were referring to when Cooper was here. The anti-football of the Stam era. We are a lot better than that under Clement, at least we try to go forward.

in that case I wouldn't disagree massively

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BROBOT OUT!!!!

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2018 14:12

Strong thread title change, I approve.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Aug 2018 14:36

Jagermesiter1871
maffff
Snowflake Royal That's because Stam sold or released them all.

Really? Reeeaalllllllllyyyyy?

Look at our academy squad, how most of those who left are doing now and those that are should be on the periphery of the squad or out on loan.

I'm not convinced a single one we released would get into our team atm and we're pretty shit

Wings aside, he's replaced with those equally talented and at a similar stage of their development just 2/3 years younger.

Didn't Jake Cooper score yesterday? I'd take him back.

would take cooper and morrison and pearce and hector

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 20 Aug 2018 14:49

top modding :lol:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Aug 2018 15:22

genome
sandman
Jagermesiter1871
Didn't Jake Cooper score yesterday? I'd take him back.

Thought Cooper was man of the match when we lost to Millwall last season. Wouldn't have blamed him if he'd walked up to Stam and laughed in his face that day.

Same with Fosu, a change of position and regular games have really helped him come on. It's unlikely he'd have done the same if he remained.

Interestingly, he didn't really have suitors from this league clamouring for him this window - unlike our fans.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Aug 2018 15:24

Hound
maffff
Snowflake Royal That's because Stam sold or released them all.

Really? Reeeaalllllllllyyyyy?

Look at our academy squad, how most of those who left are doing now and those that are should be on the periphery of the squad or out on loan.

I'm not convinced a single one we released would get into our team atm and we're pretty shit

Wings aside, he's replaced with those equally talented and at a similar stage of their development just 2/3 years younger.

Cooper and Stacey are probably the two who’d arguably be in and Around the first 11 currently

The Luton fans are the first to say if they'd got a million from West Brom for him it would have been a robbery by them - he'd be mid league one at best at present. Is he that far further ahead of Watson - I'd argue not.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Aug 2018 16:31

jd82 top modding :lol:

If i leave I'm taking this forum down with me

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 20 Aug 2018 16:34

strap I'm saying nothing.

strap - OCDy point. Some of the league tiers here aren't right :? Brian, Clarke, Coppell, Jaap Stam
Last edited by maffff on 20 Aug 2018 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 20 Aug 2018 16:34

BR0B0T
jd82 top modding :lol:

If i leave I'm taking this forum down with me

i'm sure we could find something to replace you.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 20 Aug 2018 16:38

Snowflake Royal I'd rate Bielsa on how Leeds finish, not how they start. And keep in mind they have been in much less of a dire state than us.

Well, they haven't been in PL for many years. They haven't even made the playoffs in more than a decade.

Btw, Bielsa wasn't even their first choice. Before appointing him, they interviewed Conte, Ranieri and Roberto Martinez.

And here we are, doing it our way, and wanting to be relegated. :(

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 20 Aug 2018 16:47

Anyone who seriously (joking aside) thinks Clement should be sacked now is just crazy IMO. I think we all agree that since John M stepped down it has all been a car crash but it is hard as a fan to know who is to blame. However, I find it very hard to see how we can criticise the new owners apart from being profligate with their cash by paying stupid amounts for Aluko and I suspect it will turn out also for Baldock. As for Gourlay and the Board and whether or not they are useless - who knows?

But from the outside it does seem that something is very wrong. Apart from Stam's first season (when we finished third despite the football being awful) and despite the Academy turning out a flow of decent players, we have become a bottom tier Championship side. I fear that it will now take a trip down to League 1 to rebuild from the bottom up. But as we all know that division can be hard to get up again from and one wonders of the current owners would keep investing if we fall that far from their PL ambitions.

Personally I think the football so far under Clement (despite being awful) has still been a king to that played under Stam last season. At least you can see that he is trying to get the players to move the ball forwards and we are creating chances (even if these are being squandered). IMO we must stick with Clement even if we go down this season and give him a chance to get rid of the dead wood and to rebuild. I just don't see who else will make a better job of it.

Perhaps in the end it would have been best if we had gone down last season. Now I fear yet another awful struggle this season with the best we can hope for being another narrow survival.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 20 Aug 2018 19:23

strap I'm saying nothing.

I agree

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 01 Sep 2018 18:37

2 wins, 2 draws 10 losses in 14 league games

8 out of 42 is a bit cack...on that form it returns about 26 points for a full season