12%

Total votes: 139
sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

Re: Clement

by sputnik » 05 Sep 2018 19:33

leon
Hound yeah agree. Bacuna seems to be getting a little run and not playing too badly.

Then it really depends on how the Iranian chap is. Potentially if he settles quickly then him and Bacuna is an ok midfield. Swift and Kelly/Meyler on the bench, along with Walker, McNulty, Meite and Blackett would work for me.

Leaves Clement, McShane, Loader, O Shea, Popa, McCleary (would like to see him back if he got up to speed, but not hopeful), Aluko, Meyler, Richards, Rinomhota and Jaakola as an extremely expensive back up squad.

So we’re pinning our hopes on this Iranian chap?

What happens if he’s Shiite?

:)

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Sep 2018 19:47

sandman
Ascotexgunner Dear god 46% for Clement to stay. We are doomed!!!!! Aldershot Town here we come.
As for the "it takes years to build a good team"........ There's more chance of Oxford winning the Champions League than Clement ever achieving that. All credit to him though. He's managed to turn us into potentially the worst ever side seen in the championship. We can then chant 26 next to 106. Though I have no idea where we will get 26 points at the minute.
Don't worry Clementine's.....keep believing, as the crowds plummet and we keep buying sub championship players.

Oh f[u]ck off, we get it you wanted Potter. He wouldn't have been able to sort it out either because the main problems are above the manager.

We will never know will we.....Sh+tty management above the manager appoint a sh+tty manager.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Sep 2018 19:58

Ascotexgunner
sandman
Ascotexgunner Dear god 46% for Clement to stay. We are doomed!!!!! Aldershot Town here we come.
As for the "it takes years to build a good team"........ There's more chance of Oxford winning the Champions League than Clement ever achieving that. All credit to him though. He's managed to turn us into potentially the worst ever side seen in the championship. We can then chant 26 next to 106. Though I have no idea where we will get 26 points at the minute.
Don't worry Clementine's.....keep believing, as the crowds plummet and we keep buying sub championship players.

Oh f[u]ck off, we get it you wanted Potter. He wouldn't have been able to sort it out either because the main problems are above the manager.

We will never know will we.....Sh+tty management above the manager appoint a sh+tty manager.

Shitty, see it works.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Sep 2018 19:59

windermereROYAL

Rowing against the tide cocksucker, I`m convinced your opinion is more relevant than the 46% that bothered to vote for Clement . if you can`t hack it then piss off. did you vote labour in the election then whinge when you lost?

Not seen this side of you before Windermere......I actually feel more insulted you called me a Labour voter than c*cksucker.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Sep 2018 20:05

Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL

Rowing against the tide cocksucker, I`m convinced your opinion is more relevant than the 46% that bothered to vote for Clement . if you can`t hack it then piss off. did you vote labour in the election then whinge when you lost?

Not seen this side of you before Windermere......I actually feel more insulted you called me a Labour voter than c*cksucker.

Yes it comes after an afternoon session in the boozer. apologises :D

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Sep 2018 20:22

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner
windermereROYAL

Yes it comes after an afternoon session in the boozer. apologises :D

Hahaha no need to apologise in that case. :D

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 05 Sep 2018 20:36

Doesn't matter who the manager is at the moment, the squad is not good enough. Clement probably has enough in his locker to get us out of trouble this season but as to where we go from there, who knows. Until the squad is dismantled and rebuilt from goalkeeper upwards we're going nowhere.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Sep 2018 08:18

Top Flight
Denver Royal
Top Flight It takes a few years to build a good football team and Clement needs the time.

Clement would be breaking new ground. He's never been anywhere longer than about 6 months?
It took Bielsa at Leeds about 1 month? And they haven't even made the playoffs in more than a decade.
Did it always take Warnock 'a few years'?

Of course. It usually takes Warnock 2 or 3 seasons to get his team really on the march. How long has he been with Cardiff?

Clement hasn't been given a proper crack at the whip just like McDermott hasn't ever really been given a proper crack at the whip. When McDermott was given some time in his first spell as an RFC manager, he delivered.

McDermott was brilliant the first time around but I don't get all these assertions about how, given time, he would have been great the second time. Have people forgotten how dire things had become in the run up to his sacking? Nothing McDermott tried made any difference. He has a particular style of working which was exceptionally successful in his first spell but was clearly ineffective on his return. He seemed unable to adapt that style to suit the situation he and the squad found themselves in the second time around. The very best managers are those who can ride different horses on different courses. That having been said, we would all love to have his win record this time around compared to how Clement is doing.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Sep 2018 11:18

There's a manager ratings poll on The Tilehurst End right now -

https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/pl ... ssion=true

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Sep 2018 11:22

RoyalBlue
Top Flight
Denver Royal Clement would be breaking new ground. He's never been anywhere longer than about 6 months?
It took Bielsa at Leeds about 1 month? And they haven't even made the playoffs in more than a decade.

Of course. It usually takes Warnock 2 or 3 seasons to get his team really on the march. How long has he been with Cardiff?

Clement hasn't been given a proper crack at the whip just like McDermott hasn't ever really been given a proper crack at the whip. When McDermott was given some time in his first spell as an RFC manager, he delivered.

McDermott was brilliant the first time around but I don't get all these assertions about how, given time, he would have been great the second time. Have people forgotten how dire things had become in the run up to his sacking? Nothing McDermott tried made any difference. He has a particular style of working which was exceptionally successful in his first spell but was clearly ineffective on his return. He seemed unable to adapt that style to suit the situation he and the squad found themselves in the second time around.

:|

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Sep 2018 11:24

maffff There's a manager ratings poll on The Tilehurst End right now -

Yeah because anything they produce is deeply scientific isn't it? They have their tongues so deep in Stam's arse that they will doctor the results to suit their narrative. They are as big of a joke as you are and that is saying something!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Sep 2018 11:26

RoyalBlue
Top Flight
Denver Royal Clement would be breaking new ground. He's never been anywhere longer than about 6 months?

McDermott was brilliant the first time around but I don't get all these assertions about how, given time, he would have been great the second time. Have people forgotten how dire things had become in the run up to his sacking? Nothing McDermott tried made any difference. He has a particular style of working which was exceptionally successful in his first spell but was clearly ineffective on his return. He seemed unable to adapt that style to suit the situation he and the squad found themselves in the second time around. The very best managers are those who can ride different horses on different courses. That having been said, we would all love to have his win record this time around compared to how Clement is doing.

What Brian did in his first spell was incredible. From being a team at the bottom to driving us up the table and at one stage looking like an outside challenge for the playoffs. Then making 2 brilliant signings a couple of seasons later in Le Fondre and Roberts to drag us to that next level after losing to Swansea in the playoffs. Even got a manager of the month award in the PL.....then the mongs at the top fired him.....I cant believe any fans agreed with that. Disgusting decision that caused long term damage. His second spell was odd. Apparently (if rumours were true) he was offered money to buy players but felt the squad was good enough. He paid the price for that decision. I would like to see him back at the club in some capacity personally......Think hes scouting for Arsenal isn't he?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 06 Sep 2018 11:28

I like the geographical breakdown of the votes

you can see a big south east Asian contingent, is that new fans from the thai/Chinese era
or HNA? pedophiles doing some sext tourism?

also there seems like a small heat spot in the Iberian peninsula, is this just clement fans from his time at real?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Sep 2018 11:53

Maneki Neko

you can see a big south east Asian contingent, is that new fans from the thai/Chinese era

also there seems like a small heat spot in the Iberian peninsula, is this just clement fans from his time at real?

Its the big green splurge in America I find interesting.....Denver gets about a bit.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 06 Sep 2018 12:25

Ascotexgunner
Maneki Neko

Its the big green splurge in America I find interesting.....Denver gets about a bit.

Maybe just proxy issues also - I know my work computer thinks I'm in France.

Hopeful

by Hopeful » 06 Sep 2018 13:37

Lower West
Hopeful Gunter Moore Ilori Yiadom*
Sims Bacuna Ezatolahi Barrow
Swift
Bod

Too high expectations of the loanees. :roll:

Bod needs a partner too.

I disagree. I think we need the loanees at present to kick start a winning mentality and to cover until injury list reduces.

Bod played well and scored against Derby about 10 mins before he had a strike partner.
I admit the Brum game he scored while having Baldock next to him, however, I don't think he needs a partner. If he has decent midfield attackers around him in Barrow, Sims and Swift.

Then again, I also think it often depends on opposition and how they play.

russyb

by russyb » 06 Sep 2018 13:58

For me it is not the squad, on paper they would look pretty good for most Championship teams. I actually think the system needs tweaking a little and the work rate raised, i will rip my hair out if i see another identical goal given away, players stand off.. free shot for opposition , GOAL, every flipping time. I think most people would agree the goals from opposition for the most part haven't been exceptional, rather it is basic mistakes from us.

This sort of thing should be easily dealt with by Clement and that side of things does worry me that he is not identifying. He also needs to be brave and switch the players if they are not performing, which to be fair in his recent comments he has started to hint at with big squad (30 players) and have to perform to be in the team, lets hope he sticks to his word.

For me Clement in, but he has to learn and learn quickly to stop the rot, a couple of wins can change everything.

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 06 Sep 2018 15:33

Pre-season I was very up for giving him a fair run and seeing how things go. He was bought in the back end of last season to keep us up and that's what he did. If we didn't sack Stam, we wouldn't have beaten QPR or Preston at home, and would be in League 1. Clement managed to get the players up for it enough to get them 6 points which essentially got us over the line. However, the performances at Villa and Sheffield Wednesday, along with the abomination of Ipswich at home, have stayed with the players going into this season. Granted we haven't lost a game by more than 1 goal, but the mentality of 'we're too good to go down' is still there.

I personally can't see how anyone can see this being turned around. I would say give him two or three more games but he'll be sacked before Christmas anyway if we're still in the relegation zone, so we might as well do it as quick as possible.

I do have to add that the player's are at fault for this, complete sh!thouses. However as much as everyone says it, we can't sack them, so lets get a manager in who can organise, galvanise, and scare the shit out of them to perform.

I have no idea who this would be, but it can't be much worse

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Sep 2018 15:42

Old Man Andrews

Yeah because anything they produce is deeply scientific isn't it? They have their tongues so deep in Stam's arse that they will doctor the results to suit their narrative. They are as big of a joke as you are and that is saying something!

Just listened to their latest podcast - an absolute embarassment. The guy was trying to talk about what goes through a player's mind in certain game situations! As if he can read Gunter's mind from the stands! oxf*rd me.

We've found yet another who simply...has to go. Do they post on here?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Sep 2018 16:07

John Smith
Old Man Andrews

Just listened to their latest podcast - an absolute embarassment. The guy was trying to talk about what goes through a player's mind in certain game situations! As if he can read Gunter's mind from the stands! oxf*rd me.

We've found yet another who simply...has to go. Do they post on here?

When are you starting your podcast?

880 posts