CONFIRMED - Yakou Meite

234 posts
stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: CONFIRMED - Yakou Meite

by stealthpapes » 04 Oct 2018 11:57

I've got a driveway that needs tarmacking.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Oct 2018 12:02

Jeez, what I would give to see Shane up from for us this year

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 04 Oct 2018 13:13

Pandoras Box Now I may be a cynic, but are we just preparing and tying players down so they can’t fvck off as soon as we are in League 1?

I agree

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Oct 2018 13:57

andrew1957 I like Meite because at least he tries hard and he was a tad unlucky not to score last night.

But I have to say I am shocked that he as received such a long contract extension at this stage in his career. I can only think that the club expect him to develop and have been able to sign him on low wages now rather than paying him much more later. And he should be good at League 1 level if we get relegated.

'Low wages'? Not if his agent is any good. I also suspect there will be provisions for increases dependent on number of appearances etc.

As for being good at League 1 level, as far as I'm aware the goal doesn't get any bigger at that level and he currently struggles to hit that size even when well placed to shoot.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Oct 2018 14:21

Problem is if we start signing players on 3/4year deals on more money, and we get relegaed, there could be a real chance we could go into administration. Matchday attendances are down by 40+%, meaning revenue will be down, ticket prices will fall, fans will just pick up and leave and go watch Maidenhead or something like that.

I fear for us if we go down!I do not want to end up like Chester, Halifax, Hereford, Darlington, Rushden and Diamonds, Scarborough.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 04 Oct 2018 14:27

Kulshaw72RFC Problem is if we start signing players on 3/4year deals on more money, and we get relegaed, there could be a real chance we could go into administration. Matchday attendances are down by 40+%, meaning revenue will be down, ticket prices will fall, fans will just pick up and leave and go watch Maidenhead or something like that.

I fear for us if we go down!I do not want to end up like Chester, Halifax, Hereford, Darlington, Rushden and Diamonds, Scarborough.

Surely Club 1871 would step in and dip into their pockets to keep us alive should the very worst happen?!

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 04 Oct 2018 14:46

John Smith
Kulshaw72RFC Problem is if we start signing players on 3/4year deals on more money, and we get relegaed, there could be a real chance we could go into administration. Matchday attendances are down by 40+%, meaning revenue will be down, ticket prices will fall, fans will just pick up and leave and go watch Maidenhead or something like that.

Surely Club 1871 would step in and dip into their pockets to keep us alive should the very worst happen?!

:lol:

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Oct 2018 15:36

Tilehurstsouthbank
John Smith

:lol:

+ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Oct 2018 15:55

Even if all that happens, I, for one, will still go to watch Reading FC.

Doesn't matter to me what league they play in, just as long there is a club to support.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 04 Oct 2018 15:59

Hendo

Even if all that happens, I, for one, will still go to watch Reading FC.

Doesn't matter to me what league they play in, just as long there is a club to support.

Oh do not get me wrong, of course I will go aswell. Had a season ticket for far too long to give up.

It is just a shame that there are so many fickle "fans" out there who just feel like they can turn it on and off.

I could not do that. I have seen worse then this.... much worse.

robig106

by robig106 » 05 Oct 2018 09:05

I feel that tieing players to 4 or 5 years deals like Meite and Swift has very few benefits. The players motivation, hunger and standards will decrease as they know they are guaranteed to be on a big contract for years to come. The efforts of the players have been questioned for the past few seasons and dishing out long term deals to most players doesn't help as players will be happy to come to the club just for the contract being offered.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 15 Apr 2019 19:06

Nice interview. Ambitious guy.

https://www.goal.com/fr/news/entretien- ... neru99kj7t

(In french)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Apr 2019 00:56

I like his attitude and his spirit and he seems to have calmed down from his first season here. A season at Sochaux clearly helped him grow up.

Also like his comment that despite wanting to play in the French top flight, he realises that staying at Reading is as good, if not better than anything that would be currently open to him back home.

Lydia Dustbin

by Lydia Dustbin » 16 Apr 2019 02:30

I like him tonstay

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 09 Jun 2019 18:13

I love the guy, but seriously!l?! Sell
him! :lol:

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 09 Jun 2019 20:48

PistolPete

I love the guy, but seriously!l?! Sell
him! :lol:

Heard an interview once with one of the senior players (can't remember who. Macca maybe?) saying he didn't use social media much - but laughing about some of the younger ones, who are all over social media, but quiet as mice in the dressingroom.

At the time, Meite immediately sprang to mind. Still does.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 09 Jun 2019 21:40

His right calf looks funny.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 29 Sep 2019 00:27

Anyone know why he wasn’t in the squad for Swansea?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Sep 2019 09:16

Personal reasons. Hope all is ok with him.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 29 Sep 2019 09:18

He is our best striker and should be first choice. We knew that in the summer when we pissed away £12 million as well.

234 posts