Rumour - Phil Parkinson

130 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Phil Parkinson

by genome » 17 Oct 2018 12:39

Christ, now you're putting words in my mouth.

Are you possessed?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Oct 2018 12:41

genome Christ, now you're putting words in my mouth.

Are you possessed?

You said I needed to have a lie down. So you agree with what I said then? Reading could go down and Lincoln should be going up? Right get it now.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Oct 2018 12:47

When you use phrases such as "the club is on life support" and "relegated into oblivion" and making claims that a manager of a League Two club wouldn't be interested in coming to an established Championship club with far more resource, then you are being a bit hysterical and could probably do with a break from football for a bit.

Or at least, a lie down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Oct 2018 13:01

There is absolutely no reason why he would want to come here at this time, no footballing ones anyway. He is building a club and no doubt has a lot of control. Here he has Nani and Gourlay over his shoulder watching his every move. He will have no transfer budget to bring new players in and a load of old crap in and around the squad that he'd never be able to offload.

You're looking at it from purely a financial perspective and not a footballing one, Lincoln are far better for a coach of his age and experience at this stage.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Oct 2018 13:18

That's a whole load of assumption.

I'm not really sure how you can be so categorical about a bunch of stuff you have absolutely no inside knowledge on, but then you often take that line when you argue with people.

Danny Cowley would probably consider a move up two divisions to Reading if Clement got sacked, OMA.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Oct 2018 13:29

Everything I just said is a fact, choose to ignore them if you like but they are facts.

Gourlay and Nani run the club, Clement coaches the players.

Our transfer incomings over the past couple of seasons indicate we have no/little money to spend (in the grand scheme of things).

We have several knackered old players who nobody will touch with a barge pole.

Lincoln are thriving and have a footballing model put in place by Danny Cowley. They are financially well off for a club in League 2 and are picking up new investors all the time. https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ty-2116369

Danny Cowley is the club, why would he give this up to come here? Why if he wanted to move to the Championship so badly did he not go to Ipswich? http://sport.bt.com/video/behind-the-sc ... 4141574225

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Oct 2018 13:34

They aren't facts OMA, you are making observations based on limited knowledge and conjecture, dressing them up as facts, and making absolute statements.

In other words, stop being a massive jessie.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Oct 2018 14:05

Cowley is overrated. He will get a move soon and fail. He would jump at the chance of coming to Reading

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Oct 2018 14:24

I thought is was joint managers at Lincoln, Danny and his brother Nicky?

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Oct 2018 14:33

Old Man Andrews Everything I just said is a fact, choose to ignore them if you like but they are facts.

Our transfer incomings over the past couple of seasons indicate we have no/little money to spend (in the grand scheme of things).

Lincoln are thriving and have a footballing model put in place by Danny Cowley. They are financially well off for a club in League 2 and are picking up new investors all the time. https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/spor ... ty-2116369

Danny Cowley is the club, why would he give this up to come here? Why if he wanted to move to the Championship so badly did he not go to Ipswich? http://sport.bt.com/video/behind-the-sc ... 4141574225

Wow! A six figure cash injection from new investors! So could be a little as £100k. I can see why you think Reading would be a less attractive option than Lincoln... :roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Oct 2018 14:35

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews Everything I just said is a fact, choose to ignore them if you like but they are facts.

Wow! A six figure cash injection from new investors! So could be a little as £100k. I can see why you think Reading would be a less attractive option than Lincoln... :roll:

Wow, what a moron.

I said they are picking up new investors all the time which is a fact. They are already quite well off financially.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Oct 2018 14:44

Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank

Wow, what a moron.

I said they are picking up new investors all the time which is a fact. They are already quite well off financially.

So quick to start name calling. I've generally got on well with you on here but I'm starting to see why no one likes you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Oct 2018 14:47

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank

Wow, what a moron.

So quick to start name calling. I've generally got on well with you on here but I'm starting to see why no one likes you.

Awww nobody likes me. I am so hurt.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Oct 2018 14:49

Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Wow, what a moron.

Awww nobody likes me. I am so hurt.

:lol: Yep. You're the Millwall of HNA.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 17 Oct 2018 14:56

Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Tilehurstsouthbank

Wow, what a moron.

Why is everyone so aggressive on here? Name calling, passive aggressive 'wow' comments. I just don't get it. It seems no one has the ability to respect someone else's opinion.

I for one would welcome Parkinson back with open arms. I know it is for nostalgic reasons and he was one of my footballing heroes growing up, but I don't care. I think he'd shake everything up and give the players the injection of passion and belief that they've been lacking.

Of course, he could also be a total failure and get us relegated without wining another game. Either way, I'd like to see him back.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 17 Oct 2018 14:59

BarryWhiteRFC
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Wow, what a moron.

Why is everyone so aggressive on here? Name calling, passive aggressive 'wow' comments. I just don't get it. It seems no one has the ability to respect someone else's opinion.

I for one would welcome Parkinson back with open arms. I know it is for nostalgic reasons and he was one of my footballing heroes growing up, but I don't care. I think he'd shake everything up and give the players the injection of passion and belief that they've been lacking.

Of course, he could also be a total failure and get us relegated without wining another game. Either way, I'd like to see him back.

He's starting to look like a good option compared to the Coaches we've had the last couple of seasons who don't seem to be able to motivate this bunch of players. Thing is, would they respect a manager who's career was average (admittedly he's still a RFC legend as far as I'm concerned) and hasn't done too much as a gaffer?

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 17 Oct 2018 15:23

Too many high profile players have failed catastrophically for that to be an issue. Yes it helps if you have a glittering career but when it comes down to it, knowledge of the game and certain skills show through. Parky has been a manager for too long for his playing career to come into things.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 17 Oct 2018 16:17

genome Wait, are we saying people would rather stay at Lincoln than come to an established 2nd tier club?

Right :lol:

He rejected Ipswich

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 17 Oct 2018 16:20

KentRoyal
genome Wait, are we saying people would rather stay at Lincoln than come to an established 2nd tier club?

Right :lol:

He rejected Ipswich

Thank you KentRoyal!

Ipswich are about as established in the 2nd tier as it gets but he chose to stay an Lincoln. To him it is about football and not money.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Oct 2018 16:22

BarryWhiteRFC
Tilehurstsouthbank
Old Man Andrews
Wow, what a moron.

so says the Walrus of Love.

130 posts