RUMOUR - Steve Bruce

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Steve Bruce

by Stranded » 31 Oct 2018 15:10

Crowbar6753 And whilst we are on the subject of hungry young up and coming managers! Bournemouth FC's current model ain't doing to bad with a young manager!! And i guess thats why the DOF is there to assist when needed.

And gates of 11,000 per home game :shock:

Howe is very much a perfect fit with the club and started with them at the very bottom when the club couldn't afford anyone else. Be interesting to see how he does if/when he moves on. He had a rough time at Burnley before heading back to Bournemouth.

Stadium is tiny hence the small gates and probably works to their favour.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Oct 2018 15:58

Lower West
Denver Royal
muirinho Bruce won't play our Academy graduates.

Does Clement?
About the only grad who starts is Kelly sometimes (and many don't think he should, and say he's not good enough).
Don't beat Bruce with that stick, Shirley? :wink:

Too much of a gulf from the "graduates" to Championship football.

Graduates is our future though. Go down to rebuild. Come back stronger.

That would seem a silly way to try to accommodate graduates to Championship Football! Are Premier League Teams planning a visit to The Championship in order to blood graduates and come back stronger?

Surely the whole point of loaning out our youngsters is to help them make that jump from graduates to Championship football?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Oct 2018 18:35

Old Man Andrews
Reading4eva
Lower West Not a guy to rebuild a relationship with supporters. Divided opinion at AV. Spent and wasted a huge sum of money as well. Difficult to see him taking on a job where relegation is a possibility. Reading have to go back to basics to achieve.

That said most of that surrounds his association with Birmingham

Another great win for Bournemouth on Saturday. Where can Bournemouth end up come May? Will they get a Europa spot????

Hopefully. Manchester United will be an acid test on how far AFCB have come. I will be there

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 31 Oct 2018 18:54

Reading4eva
Old Man Andrews
Reading4eva
That said most of that surrounds his association with Birmingham

Another great win for Bournemouth on Saturday. Where can Bournemouth end up come May? Will they get a Europa spot????

Hopefully. Manchester United will be an acid test on how far AFCB have come. I will be there

And on the Dylan Kerr thread you said ur club is reading?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Oct 2018 19:35

My home town is Reading and where I live is Bournemouth. Hence the reason I support both clubs. Kids support Bournemouth. Remember when I moved down here Reading were Premier League and Bournemouth were on 17 points. Strangely then no one said a hoot or made comments of little old Bournemouth and comments of Tinpot. I expected they would be a non league side that season.

What's happened since has been a welcome surprise. I still hope both clubs can be in the top flight together at some point

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 31 Oct 2018 19:52

Reading4eva My home town is Reading and where I live is Bournemouth. Hence the reason I support both clubs. Kids support Bournemouth. Remember when I moved down here Reading were Premier League and Bournemouth were on 17 points. Strangely then no one said a hoot or made comments of little old Bournemouth and comments of Tinpot. I expected they would be a non league side that season.

What's happened since has been a welcome surprise. I still hope both clubs can be in the top flight together at some point

Which TBF is totally fair enough and fair play to AFCB. They have achieved and more importantly sustained (thus far) comfortable top flight status, with a far inferior fan base, infrastructure, commerical appeal, ground etc by shrewd, intelligent decision making over a sustained period both on and off the field. Whilst we have corroded due to primarily grotesque financial mis-management.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Oct 2018 20:05

grey_squirrel
Reading4eva My home town is Reading and where I live is Bournemouth. Hence the reason I support both clubs. Kids support Bournemouth. Remember when I moved down here Reading were Premier League and Bournemouth were on 17 points. Strangely then no one said a hoot or made comments of little old Bournemouth and comments of Tinpot. I expected they would be a non league side that season.

Which TBF is totally fair enough and fair play to AFCB. They have achieved and more importantly sustained (thus far) comfortable top flight status, with a far inferior fan base, infrastructure, commerical appeal, ground etc by shrewd, intelligent decision making over a sustained period both on and off the field. Whilst we have corroded due to primarily grotesque financial mis-management.

Cheers mate at least someone who understands. None of the wallys on here who jump up and down about it would say anything had I moved to Rotherham or Luton who were in the same situation that season and had I followed them.

Biggest concern for me with AFCB is the ground. When the bubble bursts which it will do eventually, where does the club go from there, especially in the current Dean Court which admittedly is a League One Stadium

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 31 Oct 2018 20:14

grey_squirrel

They have achieved and more importantly sustained (thus far) comfortable top flight status, with a far inferior fan base, infrastructure, commerical appeal, ground etc by finding a Russian who actually has some money and does not mind spending it, unlike the one we found.

Oh, they also identified a upcoming young manager and stuck by him.
Bournemouth despite being geographically quite close to Reading are actually polar opposites to Reading when it comes to running a football club.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 31 Oct 2018 20:34

72 bus
grey_squirrel

They have achieved and more importantly sustained (thus far) comfortable top flight status, with a far inferior fan base, infrastructure, commerical appeal, ground etc by finding a Russian who actually has some money and does not mind spending it, unlike the one we found.

Bournemouth despite being geographically quite close to Reading are actually polar opposites to Reading when it comes to running a football club.

Regarding Eddie, he was the only viable option at the time as the club was headed for the Conference under a certain Jimmy Quinn. He was on peanuts at the time and across Bournemouth and Poole there were bucket collections. Remember in Poole they were always by the railway bridge and the guy who collected was later on a US programme regarding warehouses. Luckily the club pulled the goldest of all golden nuggets out of the hat. Lucky more than anything at that point.

Remember EH use to play for the club and was a regular till injury got the better of him.

He was bought up in High Wycombe

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Oct 2018 20:50

Reading4eva
72 bus
grey_squirrel

Regarding Eddie, he was the only viable option at the time as the club was headed for the Conference under a certain Jimmy Quinn. He was on peanuts at the time and across Bournemouth and Poole there were bucket collections. Remember in Poole they were always by the railway bridge and the guy who collected was later on a US programme regarding warehouses. Luckily the club pulled the goldest of all golden nuggets out of the hat. Lucky more than anything at that point.

Remember EH use to play for the club and was a regular till injury got the better of him.

He was bought up in High Wycombe

How is Eddie? Vicki and the kids ok?

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 31 Oct 2018 21:32

72 bus
grey_squirrel

Whilst it is largely true "you reap what you sew", geography really has nothing to do with it in the global scheme of things, though if you want to talk geographically then Brighton, Portsmouth, Oxford, Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Aldershot have all/are having/have had recent periods of alarming decline (mostly again due to financial greed/incompetence) but in some cases are once again enjoying subsequent revival. Swings and roundabouts. Once again though I commend the 'Bournemouth Way'. Quiet, unassuming development and sustainment without fanfare. No reason why they shouldn't be able to emulate the Premiership Wigan of old. Eddie Howe is clearly destined for bigger and better things. And quite rightly too. They will want to hang in to him for as long as they can.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 01 Nov 2018 08:13

grey_squirrel
72 bus
grey_squirrel

Whilst it is largely true "you reap what you sew", geography really has nothing to do with it in the global scheme of things, though if you want to talk geographically then Brighton, Portsmouth, Oxford, Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Aldershot have all/are having/have had recent periods of alarming decline (mostly again due to financial greed/incompetence) but in some cases are once again enjoying subsequent revival. Swings and roundabouts. Once again though I commend the 'Bournemouth Way'. Quiet, unassuming development and sustainment without fanfare. No reason why they shouldn't be able to emulate the Premiership Wigan of old. Eddie Howe is clearly destined for bigger and better things. And quite rightly too. They will want to hang in to him for as long as they can.

It's true there are so many clubs in the region who have suffered the big highs and lows following owner errors, Reading included. For example, our owners do have money and I believe they do care but they have backed the wrong horse in Gourlay who yes did well at Chelsea but when you have Roman Abramovichs billions to use in a well established Premier League club is relatively easy. A Championship club who have budgets and have to meet FFP rules is a different kettle of fish.

Personally I wish the owners were a bit more like the Thai owner at Leicester who did such a great job and was rightly worshipped at a club who were going nowhere before he got there.

Bournemouth might have spent £50million but they get double that if not more from sponsorship, Premier League etc. so no longer need constant investment from Maxim Denim. One of the biggest reasons for success at the club in my eyes is Jeff Mostyn, a lovely man who pumped in his own money when the club were on the brink of extinction. This means he's been there and therefore will not break the bank. I'm sure he's got all his money back, but why shouldn't he. He is a businessman and if the club had dropped into Non League he would have without a doubt lost the lot, which if some are to be believed included selling his house to keep the wolves from the door at AFCB.

Biggest bug bear for AFCB fans is the ground. The club, to keep afloat, made the decision which was right at the time to sell Dean Court to a company called Structadene. Now the club are in the position they are, Structadene are believed to want 12 times what they paid the club for the ground back, which is business. Some dislike them, but most understand at the time it had to be done. Again they put money in when the club could have gone under and therefore could have ended up with an empty stadium off a dual carriageway.

The saving grace is the car park is owned by the council. Personally, it will be a logistical nightmare to build on that car park BUT it's one that needs to be done. The club haven't moved forwards quickly with this due to said reasons, but I think it will eventually.

They won't expand the current Dean Court because it's like building an extension on a house you rent. Plus there is a lot to do so replacing it wouldn't work out much more expensive.

Eddie will move onto bigger things eventually. He, deep down, is frustrated regarding the stadium although a new training ground is being built (the current one is just behind the stadium). But I believe and hope he will stick it out until the job is done both on and off the pitch. The England job isn't beyond him but I think he may be tempted by the Spurs job if it comes up. For a man who spent his career in Division 2 and Division 3 to get his club into the Premier League in the first place is legacy alone for me especially when all things considered the club could have easily ended up playing the likes of Weymouth and Maidenhead each week had it survived and had he not intervened

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Nov 2018 08:31

Reading4eva
grey_squirrel
72 bus

It's true there are so many clubs in the region who have suffered the big highs and lows following owner errors, Reading included. For example, our owners do have money and I believe they do care but they have backed the wrong horse in Gourlay who yes did well at Chelsea but when you have Roman Abramovichs billions to use in a well established Premier League club is relatively easy. A Championship club who have budgets and have to meet FFP rules is a different kettle of fish.

Personally I wish the owners were a bit more like the Thai owner at Leicester who did such a great job and was rightly worshipped at a club who were going nowhere before he got there.

Bournemouth might have spent £50million but they get double that if not more from sponsorship, Premier League etc. so no longer need constant investment from Maxim Denim. One of the biggest reasons for success at the club in my eyes is Jeff Mostyn, a lovely man who pumped in his own money when the club were on the brink of extinction. This means he's been there and therefore will not break the bank. I'm sure he's got all his money back, but why shouldn't he. He is a businessman and if the club had dropped into Non League he would have without a doubt lost the lot, which if some are to be believed included selling his house to keep the wolves from the door at AFCB.

Biggest bug bear for AFCB fans is the ground. The club, to keep afloat, made the decision which was right at the time to sell Dean Court to a company called Structadene. Now the club are in the position they are, Structadene are believed to want 12 times what they paid the club for the ground back, which is business. Some dislike them, but most understand at the time it had to be done. Again they put money in when the club could have gone under and therefore could have ended up with an empty stadium off a dual carriageway.

The saving grace is the car park is owned by the council. Personally, it will be a logistical nightmare to build on that car park BUT it's one that needs to be done. The club haven't moved forwards quickly with this due to said reasons, but I think it will eventually.

They won't expand the current Dean Court because it's like building an extension on a house you rent. Plus there is a lot to do so replacing it wouldn't work out much more expensive.

Eddie will move onto bigger things eventually. He, deep down, is frustrated regarding the stadium although a new training ground is being built (the current one is just behind the stadium). But I believe and hope he will stick it out until the job is done both on and off the pitch. The England job isn't beyond him but I think he may be tempted by the Spurs job if it comes up. For a man who spent his career in Division 2 and Division 3 to get his club into the Premier League in the first place is legacy alone for me especially when all things considered the club could have easily ended up playing the likes of Weymouth and Maidenhead each week had it survived and had he not intervened

Take this shit to General Football or preferably a Bournemouth site.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Nov 2018 10:09

You're a joke. Get off this site.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Nov 2018 11:47

John Smith

Well quite. I've lived near Fulham for 18 years. Would I take my kids to see that shit? Of course not.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Nov 2018 12:08

Oh Leon do you not like Fulham?

Tell us about that.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Nov 2018 12:44

Reading4eva
grey_squirrel
72 bus

Am I on the right forum? Came here to see the Rumours about Bruce but all ive got is some oxf*rd talking shite about a car park in bournemouth

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 01 Nov 2018 12:51

John Smith

Conversation spiralled into other areas of interest. Free world, feel free to fhuck off

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Nov 2018 12:56

Reading4eva
John Smith

Conversation spiralled into other areas of interest. Free world, feel free to fhuck off

Go away Flounce4eva, nobody wants you here spouting your Bournemouth shite. The majority of us may fall out with eachother a lot but we can all agree you're a first class flouncer.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Nov 2018 13:03

Old Man Andrews
Reading4eva
John Smith You're a joke. Get off this site.

Go away Flounce4eva, nobody wants you here spouting your Bournemouth shite. The majority of us may fall out with eachother a lot but we can all agree you're a first class flouncer.

Harsh, i found it quite interesting but agreed its in the wrong place. Now the club 1871 discussion and the Courtney Friday obsession has died its death you have moved on to your next victim OWA. You need to get out more.