BFTG - Ipshit H

206 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG - Ipshit H

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2018 17:32

oxf*rd disgraceful showing first half. No character, no desire, no shape, no coordination. Ipswich were bigger, stronger, quicker, more direct, more confident. Best team I've seen this season based on first half (faint praise indeed).

Jaakkola - 5 kicking terrible
Yiadom - 3 awful display.
Moore 4 so brainless and casual
O'Shea 3 showing why he's on for a relegation hattrick
Blackett 5 poor
Bacuna 3 astoundingly bad
Rinomhota 5 poor
Kelly 6 more desire than the rest of midfield and defence together
Barrow 4 fell over at nothing, although booking was nonsense and a fk
Baldock 5 ok but some poor touches
Meite 7 very lacklustre other yhan thr brace

Swift 5
McNulty 5
McCleary 6

I don't see how Clement can do anything about that sort of gutless first half bullshit.

alfie9

Re: BFTG - Ipshit H

by alfie9 » 10 Nov 2018 17:32

Clement out.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Nov 2018 18:15

Snowflake Royal oxf*rd disgraceful showing first half. No character, no desire, no shape, no coordination. Ipswich were bigger, stronger, quicker, more direct, more confident. Best team I've seen this season based on first half (faint praise indeed).

Blackett 5 poor
Rinomhota 5 poor

Swift 5
McNulty 5
McCleary 6

I don't see how Clement can do anything about that sort of gutless first half bullshit.

Are those marks based on first half alone? Ipswich best side we`ve seen this season?. they were shit, we made them look good, they showed what they were in the 2nd half, and thats a very poor side that deserve to be bottom.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Nov 2018 18:30

We were totally outplayed in the first half by a team that was bottom of the table. They were up for it, we weren't.

Both goals were a shambles, the first looked like Jaakola saved it but somehow spilled it into the net. The second was route 1 goal kick from the keeper and Moore either dithered or misqueued and Sears tucked it in. A lesson for schoolboys on how not to defend.

There was marginally more in the second half but in truth we were lucky to scrape a draw. Meite seems to have kicked on since getting his new contract, both goals were well taken and showed skill I never imagined he had.

However our home form is dire and at this rate we're going down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2018 18:30

Dross.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Nov 2018 18:33

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal oxf*rd disgraceful showing first half. No character, no desire, no shape, no coordination. Ipswich were bigger, stronger, quicker, more direct, more confident. Best team I've seen this season based on first half (faint praise indeed).

Blackett 5 poor
Rinomhota 5 poor

Swift 5
McNulty 5
McCleary 6

Are those marks based on first half alone? Ipswich best side we`ve seen this season?. they were shit, we made them look good, they showed what they were in the 2nd half, and thats a very poor side that deserve to be bottom.

Full game. Ipswich tired and reverted to shit second half. But they were the best side I've seen so far for the first half performance. Miles better than Hull and a bit better than Bolton, Wednesday and Bristol.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Nov 2018 18:44

Atrocious, abysmal, dreadful, appalling first half performance.

Much improved second half (well it could not have got worse) but still a bit iffy.

But they should not have been in that position they’d should have been in Ipswich’s faces from the start not sitting off and getting panicky and then conceding which made them even more negative.

Credit to Clement for coming out and saying how bad it was in the first half (and he wasn’t overly impressed with the second either) but he is responsible for team selection and tactics though how responsible he can be when players just aren’t performing/listening/learning from their continual cock ups is debatable.

Now a break and then games from hell! Wigan away, Leeds away then Stoke and Sheff U at home followed by a trip to Middlesbrough. Anyone think Clement will manage to see it through to Christmas?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Nov 2018 18:54

Yes we were poor first half, but Ipswich played well,
and on the form, if they can play 90 minutes, will get
out of trouble. That's a clear new manager bounce
and they are undefeated in two.

It should have been over at HT, but it wasn't.

Second half we were so much better. We won the second half 1-0
forced at least one good save, and missed two good chances.

That, IMO, given the context is a very good point.

If Meite keeps improving we have a big player on our hands

A bit like when Long was criticised but eventually found a way to use
all that power. Two excellent goals from Meite, and I went home
curiously satisfied.

The two CBs were poor today and I got the impression it was because
Moore (not that fast) was worried sh!tless by OShea's utter slowness.

I am firmly of the mind that one of Ilori or Blackett must play central defence.
We need some speed. Blackett's brilliant save was down to raw speed.

MAYBE OShea can work in a three-CB set up but personally I think
we have to recognise he's two old and good fast forward lines will target him
and then Moore's game will also fall apart.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Nov 2018 19:00

Clement picked exactly the same side which beat Bristol City 3-2 last up and he gets the blame?
How does that work?

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 10 Nov 2018 19:00

Sutekh Credit to Clement for coming out and saying how bad it was in the first half (and he wasn’t overly impressed with the second either)

Anyone else fed up of hearing this? It's all well and good at the start (and was refreshing), but it seems like he's lamenting the performance every single week.

I don't think he should be sacked, but not winning these kind of games makes his job a lot harder.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Nov 2018 19:02

Brilliant idea to sign O`shea and not push for Elphick wasn`t it?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Nov 2018 19:06

Blackett 5 poor
Rinomhota 5 poor

Swift 5
McNulty 5
McCleary 6

Hi Ian. I haven't watched the game. It wasn't on ifollow so I will watch it later this week. I just have one question, and I promise I'm not trying to start something, but I looked up the whoscored stats for the match just now and Rinomhota was statistically the worst player on the pitch. I'm not saying stats are everything here but is there a chance that you rated him higher than several of the others because you want him to be good? That you want him to back up your positives opinions of his last performance?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Nov 2018 19:11

Platypuss Clement picked exactly the same side which beat Bristol City 3-2 last up and he gets the blame?
How does that work?

Good point.Their first goal was a decent enough clearance, and a well-taken shot

That isn't down to tactics, it's "just football". It's blocked or saved or goes wide, and who knows?

Their second was a horrible error, mainly from Moore who looked nervous
all game, as did OShea

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Nov 2018 19:12

Elphick conceded 3 today

We were appalling first half, though was impressed with Ipswich. The back 4 and keeper - Jesus they were sh1t. Time for the O Shea experiment to end. Yiadom is on dreadful form and that was Blackett at his worst (but he did well at CB later on)

Midfield was rancid - though Kelly kept his head and did ok. Rino utterly invisible and rightly subbed. Front 3 did ok

How and why do were keep putting in halves like that?

Second half - McCleary coming on have us so much better shape. Said a couple of times recently that we should go 4-4-2 and miss out the midfield. Decent second half from Bacuna and Kelly. Barrow didn’t have a great day and Baldock was poor second half I thought inc some poor missed chances

Basically
3s Yiadom, Moore, O Shea, Rino
4s Blackett, Jaakkola, Baldock, Barrow
5 Bacuna
6 Swift, McNulty
7 McCleary
8 Meite

Meite is becoming one hell of a player

Need to be a lot lot better in the next month

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Nov 2018 19:15

Glad someone is prepared to admit Ipswich looked tasty for the first 45

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Nov 2018 19:20

Lambert said that first 45 was the best he`s he`s seen from any team he`s managed.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 10 Nov 2018 19:36

Clement probably lives to fight another day.
If one of Baldocks two efforts had hit the target, his supporters could contend that hes turned it round.
However the ineptitude of that 1st half performance defies belief in a professional team.
In the end a draw was probably fair.
IMHO:

Jakkola 5: Maybe he could have saved their first; one brilliant save; but awful goal kicks. Two on the trot went straight into touch;which suggests he has a problem.
Viadom 2: Had an absolute meh.
Blackett 5: Typical Tyler performance; good and bad in equal measure.
Moore 4: Awful in the 1st half. Prem quality, your having a laugh . However one goal saving tackle 2nd half; which would have killed us off.
O Shea 5: Playing from memory of better days. You need a couple of bruisers at CB at this level.We were very vulnerable at set pieces.
Kelly 5: Absolute terrible 1st half-then pretty good 2nd.
Rhino 2 : Sadly out of his depth at the moment-should be on loan in a lower division to build his game.
Bacuna 6: Once again a mixed bag-great pass for the 2nd.
Baldock 2: Did very little effective work.Murdered two good chances to hit the target.
Barrow 6: Always a danger; but looked like he was going to b e sent off-received precious little protection from Ref. I only hope the Ref was absolutely convinced it was a dive.
Meite 8: Blunders round like a Bull in a china shop, then two superb goals-where would we be, without him.

Macca : Once again terrific-has to start; even if he cannot finish a game.
Swift : Some nice touches-despite the fact that he and Kelly cannot play in the same team; had to be a better option than Rhino.
McNulty: Cocked up a one two, but not on long enough to have a chance to show what he could do.

Ref: Whats new ? Just simply didnt have a clue, on what counts as obstruction and foul play,

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Nov 2018 19:44

Based on the game today and with the return of McCleary, I would be tempted to bring Gunter back in the side and give Yiadom a rest, allow the Gunter - McCleary partnership to be reforged, also agree about O'Shea, I think we're asking too much of a 37 year old defender, Ilori while not perfect has shown signs of being a good defender.

Man I want us to have Eza back.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Nov 2018 19:45

Westwood52 Clement probably lives to fight another day.
If one of Baldocks two efforts had hit the target, his supporters could contend that hes turned it round.
However the ineptitude of that 1st half performance defies belief in a professional team.
In the end a draw was probably fair.
IMHO:

Jakkola 5: Maybe he could have saved their first; one brilliant save; but awful goal kicks. Two on the trot went straight into touch;which suggests he has a problem.
Viadom 2: Had an absolute meh.
Blackett 5: Typical Tyler performance; good and bad in equal measure.
Moore 4: Awful in the 1st half. Prem quality, your having a laugh . However one goal saving tackle 2nd half; which would have killed us off.
O Shea 5: Playing from memory of better days. You need a couple of bruisers at CB at this level.We were very vulnerable at set pieces.
Kelly 5: Absolute terrible 1st half-then pretty good 2nd.
Rhino 2 : Sadly out of his depth at the moment-should be on loan in a lower division to build his game.
Bacuna 6: Once again a mixed bag-great pass for the 2nd.
Baldock 2: Did very little effective work.Murdered two good chances to hit the target.
Barrow 6: Always a danger; but looked like he was going to b e sent off-received precious little protection from Ref. I only hope the Ref was absolutely convinced it was a dive.
Meite 8: Blunders round like a Bull in a china shop, then two superb goals-where would we be, without him.

Macca : Once again terrific-has to start; even if he cannot finish a game.
Swift : Some nice touches-despite the fact that he and Kelly cannot play in the same team; had to be a better option than Rhino.
McNulty: Cocked up a one two, but not on long enough to have a chance to show what he could do.

Ref: Whats new ? Just simply didnt have a clue, on what counts as obstruction and foul play,

Think it was Blackett who made the goal saving tackle.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 10 Nov 2018 19:45

That was poor. Nothing really else to say.

Meite has given clement another few weeks.

206 posts