15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pwb

€100 million next two windows!

by pwb » 08 Dec 2018 13:14

strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: €100 million next two windows!

by strap » 08 Dec 2018 13:25

Yeah, me too. So this unknown, non-English speaking manager, who has never worked outside Portugal, is to be given an 11 million Euro contract, AND 100 million Euro to spend on transfers in less than 12 months?!?!? Frankly laughable. The Iranian spiv is really talking this BS up! I wonder how much of that 100 million Euro will stick to his greedy little fingers should it be true? No doubt we will buy half a dozen nobodies from Portugal, all represented by the spiv, and our club will enter Administration less than 12 months after.

I wonder if the spiv has heard of the FFP regulations?

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 08 Dec 2018 13:31

strap I wonder how much of that 100 million Euro will stick to his greedy little fingers should it be true? No doubt we will buy half a dozen nobodies from Portugal, all represented by the spiv, and our club will enter Administration less than 12 months after.

Lol. Relax Strap, it's Christmas time :)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Dec 2018 13:37

10539.4 Miles Away
strap I wonder how much of that 100 million Euro will stick to his greedy little fingers should it be true? No doubt we will buy half a dozen nobodies from Portugal, all represented by the spiv, and our club will enter Administration less than 12 months after.

And he's been on the sherry.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Dec 2018 13:51

sandman
10539.4 Miles Away

And he's been on the sherry.

sportwitness "...it’s likely someone is working on his behalf in Portugal, an agent, and talking up the whole project."

And Luis Castro? Really? Is this just bandwagon jumping after Wolves' success? Don't think Mr Castro has particularly set the world alight in Portugal. Looks a good steady sort of chap but not something to particularly catch the eye.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Dec 2018 14:59

Christ get a grip. was I asleep for three and half months and April 1st arrived already?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Dec 2018 16:54

It worries me that he can't speak English. England suffered when we had a poor English speaking manager.

This bunch of players with their ruined morale needs someone who can really relate to them, not via some interpreter.

Having said that someone foreign like this who can't speak the language may be exactly what the players need to.. I don't know... Improve the player/manager respect dynamic somehow.

Overall I can't see it being a good thing having said that I think if he's decent he's decent so hopefully results won't depend on a good team talk. God knows our native speaking Clement was certainly no good at team talks.

In fact we'd have done well to get an interpreter for him to translate everything he said into the exact opposite and we might have done better after the break instead of let a load in.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Dec 2018 17:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup It worries me that he can't speak English. England suffered when we had a poor English speaking manager.

This bunch of players with their ruined morale needs someone who can really relate to them, not via some interpreter.

Having said that someone foreign like this who can't speak the language may be exactly what the players need to.. I don't know... Improve the player/manager respect dynamic somehow.

Overall I can't see it being a good thing having said that I think if he's decent he's decent so hopefully results won't depend on a good team talk. God knows our native speaking Clement was certainly no good at team talks.

In fact we'd have done well to get an interpreter for him to translate everything he said into the exact opposite and we might have done better after the break instead of let a load in.

Indeed. We did so well after the break yesterday, definitely Clement at fault for that.

BTW England suffered when they had unprofessional pricks who would rather shout "Postman Pat" in the face of their manager who had won everything there is to win in his career and sneak McDonald's into their hotel rooms than put in some work and effort in to what they were doing.
Last edited by sandman on 09 Dec 2018 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Dec 2018 18:25

Bloody Spivs.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Dec 2018 19:39

2 world wars, 1 world cup It worries me that he can't speak English. England suffered when we had a poor English speaking manager.

Calm down Mr Brexit.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Dec 2018 21:56

Kevin Keegan and Steve McLaren were certainly 2 poor English speaking managers for England.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Dec 2018 10:32

Old Man Andrews

Calm down Mr Brexit.

Mods where are you?

I thought swearing wasn't allowed here.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Dec 2018 10:36

sandman

Indeed. We did so well after the break yesterday, definitely Clement at fault for that.

BTW England suffered when they had unprofessional pricks who would rather shout "Postman Pat" in the face of their manager who had won everything there is to win in his career and sneak McDonald's into their hotel rooms than put in some work and effort in to what they were doing.

We actually did, by not letting in a goal for almost 40mins! :wink:

Trur about England though. That, and us being generally shit. A country of lazy drunken chavs.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Dec 2018 10:39

Just a thought, if we end up with Parky, is he still getting the €100m warchest?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2018 23:57

Even if we spent €100m we'd still only end up with some thick overrated mercenary toss we'd massively overpaid on

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1