New Manager

1436 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: New Manager

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Dec 2018 22:37

Lower West
Pepe the Horseman The money's coming for Parky. Hopefully purely speculative.

A known quantity is far better than yet another roll of the dice.

Good God we are so easily pleased.......

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 10 Dec 2018 23:15

Lower West
Pepe the Horseman The money's coming for Parky. Hopefully purely speculative.

A known quantity is far better than yet another roll of the dice.

Not when the known quantity is Parky..

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Dec 2018 23:23

Christ on a bike. let`s get a manager of one of the only two sides below us. all the romantic geeks on social media think he`s the man for us.
His career management record is ordinary in the extreme. 37.7% win rate. how is he the man to keep us up?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Dec 2018 23:33

Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL Paul Hirst didn`t handle the step up too well did he?

Awful example to use and an exception to the normal rule.

Chris Wilder did.

Paul Cook has.

Frank Lampard hadn't even managed before.

Jaap Stam hadnt managed before.

Paul Warne is holding his own at Rotherham.

Lee Johnson has done reasonably well at Bristol City.

Daniel Farke has Norwich flying at the top of the league.

Interesting, cos only a couple of days ago you said exactly the same thing oma... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185464&p=4729093&hilit=Hurst#p4729093
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 10 Dec 2018 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 10 Dec 2018 23:35

Surprised Nigel Pearson hasn’t really been mentioned much

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Dec 2018 23:40

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
windermereROYAL Paul Hirst didn`t handle the step up too well did he?

Chris Wilder did.

Paul Cook has.

Interesting, cos only a couple of days ago you said exactly the same thing oma... http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... t#p4729093

The point is Paul Hurst is an exception to the rule. He is one of only a few new managers to the Championship who have failed. Well done for completely missing the point.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Dec 2018 23:41

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews

Chris Wilder did.

Paul Cook has.

Interesting, cos only a couple of days ago you said exactly the same thing oma... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185464&p=4729093&hilit=Hurst#p4729093

The point is Paul Hurst is an exception to the rule. He is one of only a few new managers to the Championship who have failed. Well done for completely missing the point.

Nope, the implication was the same. Now you’re trying to dig yourself out a hole

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 10 Dec 2018 23:44

windermereROYAL Christ on a bike. let`s get a manager of one of the only two sides below us. all the romantic geeks on social media think he`s the man for us.
His career management record is ordinary in the extreme. 37.7% win rate. how is he the man to keep us up?

he isn't and will be a complete disaster - romantic yes, but 15 years too late

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Dec 2018 23:44

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal
Interesting, cos only a couple of days ago you said exactly the same thing oma... http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopi ... t#p4729093

Nope, the implication was the same. Now you’re trying to dig yourself out a hole

I'm a naughty boy who gets wound up and posts swear words on the internet

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Dec 2018 23:50

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews

You are oxf*rd thick as shit.

Great work double d. It’s All there in black and white mush you called someone out for making the same comment. You’ve made yourself look a fool, again, and then revert to abuse when someone calls you out on it , again... dd got banned for similar behaviour

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Dec 2018 23:55

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal

Great work double d. It’s All there in black and white mush you called someone out for making the same comment. You’ve made yourself look a fool, again, and then revert to abuse when someone calls you out on it , again... dd got banned for similar behaviour

Are you seriously this thick or is it an act? I have said he was an example of a manager who has made the step up and failed twice and said he is a poor example to use in the grand scheme of things though because he is one of very few who have struggled as a newcomer to the Championship and then given examples. You just aren't very bright at all and shouldn't get involved in things you don't understand.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Dec 2018 00:01

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews

Are you seriously this thick or is it an act? I have said he was an example of a manager who has made the step up and failed twice and said he is a poor example to use in the grand scheme of things though because he is one of very few who have struggled as a newcomer to the Championship and then given examples. You just aren't very bright at all and shouldn't get involved in things you don't understand.

You riggle and squirm as much as you like, it’s there in black and white for everyone to see. You intimated the same point that you are calling somelse out on. :| keep digging...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 00:02

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal

You riggle and squirm as much as you like, it’s there in black and white for everyone to see. You intimated the same point that you are calling somelse out on. :| keep digging...

Nobody was called out it's called a discussion. Like I said you wouldn't understand that.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Dec 2018 00:06

Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews

Nobody was called out it's called a discussion. Like I said you wouldn't understand that.

:lol: you quoted the guy and told him it was an awful example. I would say that’s the very definition of calling someone out... You don’t even realise you’re doing it, do you? And to top it off you had made the very same point just a few days ago. Classic.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 11 Dec 2018 00:29

genome Ah well - he looked promising but it would've been a big and expensive gamble.

Jokanovic is still winning my vote.

I agree. Couldn’t see why Reading would so aggressively persue Castro as his record doesn’t look exceptional.

Jokanovic though is someone to get excited about. Not being talked up though so imagine we’re not interested (bizarre).

Love Parky. Legend from the past. Would welcome him staying that way.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Dec 2018 00:46

Parkinson it is then.

The legend finally comes home.

We should all welcome him with open arms, embrace his style and passion and roar the boys up the table.

This maybe, just maybe will be an inspired choice. Fits and suits everyone.

No more talking, welcome home.

biff

by biff » 11 Dec 2018 01:33

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
WoodleyRoyal

:lol: you quoted the guy and told him it was an awful example. I would say that’s the very definition of calling someone out... You don’t even realise you’re doing it, do you? And to top it off you had made the very same point just a few days ago. Classic.

are you the racist woodley twitter bloke?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 11 Dec 2018 06:59

biff
WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews

are you the racist woodley twitter bloke?

No. Are you?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Dec 2018 07:19

I think parky would do a decent, if not particularly inspiring job

I’d back him to get a bit of spirit going and sort out the short term issues. Can’t see our mid term ambition being any higher than mid table with him in charge though

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 11 Dec 2018 07:28

Hound I think parky would do a decent, if not particularly inspiring job

I’d back him to get a bit of spirit going and sort out the short term issues. Can’t see our mid term ambition being any higher than mid table with him in charge though

Would see him as a bit of a Pardew type - motivator but a bit lacking. Hence we might go on a winning run but equally go on a losing run with nothing to stop the rot ... see Bolton this season: started really well and since have dropped like a stone.

1436 posts