New Manager

1436 posts
tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Manager

by tee peg » 11 Dec 2018 10:46

We need a manager with a degree in psychology and a size nine boot.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 11 Dec 2018 10:55

Parkinson in by Thursday evening. At least brings some Reading identity back, fans absolutely have to get behind him being a club legend otherwise hes knackered from the start in my opinion.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 10:56

tee peg We need a manager with a degree in psychology and a size nine boot.

Size 9 isn't a very big shoe size......

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Dec 2018 11:01

genome
Hendo
genome
I see they've all put Portuguese flags in their usernames

Saw this, I genuinely don’t get why people feel the need to do that, or change their pictures to a player/manager. It’s very odd.

I understand that it's called "repping" in the youth parlance.

I'm not even 30 yet and I feel old.

As the news broke last night that this wouldn't be happening, I couldn't help but think back to this post and chuckle to myself about all of these losers.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Dec 2018 11:23

IRjAy Castro to be confirmed Tuesday or Wednesday.

Slaviša Jokanović was approached, briefly spoken to, and we moved on.

#ITK

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 11:25

Pepe the Horseman
IRjAy Castro to be confirmed Tuesday or Wednesday.

Slaviša Jokanović was approached, briefly spoken to, and we moved on.

#ITK

Hey give it time, we have the rest of Tuesday and the whole of Wednesday to go yet. This guy clearly knows what he is talking about.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Dec 2018 11:31

paultheroyal Parkinson it is then.

The legend finally comes home.

We should all welcome him with open arms, embrace his style and passion and roar the boys up the table.

This maybe, just maybe will be an inspired choice. Fits and suits everyone.

No more talking, welcome home.

I've not been to a game in two years, but certainly would for Parky's return. If it happens it should be written into his contract that he comes sprinting out of the tunnel before the game and across the pitch to applaud the fans.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Dec 2018 11:32

Sanguine

We should all welcome him with open arms, embrace his style and passion and roar the boys up the table.

I've not been to a game in two years, but certainly would for Parky's return. If it happens it should be written into his contract that he comes sprinting out of the tunnel before the game and across the pitch to applaud the fans.

Quite clearly the reason why neither of you are qualified to offer an opinion/why the opinion you both have offered is oh so very wrong. It would be a dreadful appointment and anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows that.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 Dec 2018 11:33

Sanguine

Taking a ball out of the ball boys hands and booting it towards the goal as well?

I miss that players don't do that anymore :(

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Dec 2018 11:40

John Smith
Sanguine

Quite clearly the reason why neither of you are qualified to offer an opinion/why the opinion you both have offered is oh so very wrong. It would be a dreadful appointment and anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows that.

Do you have a really small penis?
Just can't help but notice you seem unable to post without making derogatory remarks about others.

Diablo Diablo

by Diablo Diablo » 11 Dec 2018 11:51

Well if it is Parky then good luck to him, but wrong person at the wrong time.

I am so frustrated with what I have seen for the past few years and will say a lot of things that will wind up the faithful who sit at their keyboard rather than at the ground watching every game.

For once I can see advance planning with the foresight of the club to appoint a league 1 manager for a league 1 club - oops I forget - he will be fired when we go down. There will be a group saying that is what we need ...... goodness me.

He knows the "Reading way" of course (whatever that is) and he left about 15 years ago so meaningful and fully up to date.

At least the deluded rose tinted idiots who sing - one of our own all the time - will be feeling good. By the way Rinhomota is about ready for the team - Loader has potential but way short of a starting position (did you see every throw in to him on Saturday bounce off like a bomb giving the ball away...)

The board will for sure give little money and given January recruitment for permanent transfers is the time to over pay for complete rubbish that will not help - expect a couple of big past it centre forwards (are Chris Martin or Darren Bent available ?) and centre halves ready for hoof ball next year. Should sell Moore at whatever cut price available, not sure anyone will bid for any other player but offload whatever we can.

As I said at the start I do actually wish him well especially on getting some injured players back which is key to have any chance, but have one expectation only.

One very disillusioned season ticket holder .......

P.S. I actually though the performance against Stoke continued to show follow the continued level of gradual improvement and commitment - at home to Sheff Utd we could muster no attempts on target, zero attempts at all in the second half and the first half ones were pathetic at best.....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Dec 2018 12:01

Sanguine
John Smith
Sanguine

Do you have a really small penis?
Just can't help but notice you seem unable to post without making derogatory remarks about others.

Bit wrong of you to assume gender there Sanguine. Would have thought you'd be better than that.

Also, is it wrong to have an opinion different to yours, one formed from attending a lot more games in more recent times? Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Dec 2018 12:01

Diablo Diablo Well if it is Parky then good luck to him, but wrong person at the wrong time.

I am so frustrated with what I have seen for the past few years and will say a lot of things that will wind up the faithful who sit at their keyboard rather than at the ground watching every game.

For once I can see advance planning with the foresight of the club to appoint a league 1 manager for a league 1 club - oops I forget - he will be fired when we go down. There will be a group saying that is what we need ...... goodness me.

He knows the "Reading way" of course (whatever that is) and he left about 15 years ago so meaningful and fully up to date.

At least the deluded rose tinted idiots who sing - one of our own all the time - will be feeling good. By the way Rinhomota is about ready for the team - Loader has potential but way short of a starting position (did you see every throw in to him on Saturday bounce off like a bomb giving the ball away...)

The board will for sure give little money and given January recruitment for permanent transfers is the time to over pay for complete rubbish that will not help - expect a couple of big past it centre forwards (are Chris Martin or Darren Bent available ?) and centre halves ready for hoof ball next year. Should sell Moore at whatever cut price available, not sure anyone will bid for any other player but offload whatever we can.

As I said at the start I do actually wish him well especially on getting some injured players back which is key to have any chance, but have one expectation only.

One very disillusioned season ticket holder .......

P.S. I actually though the performance against Stoke continued to show follow the continued level of gradual improvement and commitment - at home to Sheff Utd we could muster no attempts on target, zero attempts at all in the second half and the first half ones were pathetic at best.....

Diablo Diablo eh?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2018 12:11

John Smith Quite clearly the reason why neither of you are qualified to offer an opinion/why the opinion you both have offered is oh so very wrong. It would be a dreadful appointment and anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows that.

Are you going to explain why you think he'd be so bad, using all that knowledge you clearly have in abundance?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Dec 2018 12:36

She's been to lots of Reading games, which clearly gives her incredible insight to Phil Parkinson as a manager

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Dec 2018 12:38

windermereROYAL Christ on a bike. let`s get a manager of one of the only two sides below us. all the romantic geeks on social media think he`s the man for us.
His career management record is ordinary in the extreme. 37.7% win rate. how is he the man to keep us up?

Because he has a much higher career win rate than oursis currently, has already worked miracles to keep a very limited Bolton side that's absolutely potless up once when he had no right to do so and is a popular figure with fans.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 11 Dec 2018 13:09

Whoever the new manager is, if he does manage to keep this set of players in the championship I don't think it should be under estimated on what an achievement it would be. The fact is whoever takes on the job will need at least 3 transfer windows to clear out most of the deadwood in our squad.

If it is to be Parky as new manager at least he will abandon the "passing" football. The players are not good enough to do it so lets try something else, that last few games I have watched they just look confused with what they are supposed to do. Sheff Utd are a great example of keeping football simple and playing in the right areas. 2 x Work horses up top who hold the ball up and then play football in the right area of the pitch.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Dec 2018 13:41

Hoop Blah
John Smith Quite clearly the reason why neither of you are qualified to offer an opinion/why the opinion you both have offered is oh so very wrong. It would be a dreadful appointment and anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows that.

Are you going to explain why you think he'd be so bad, using all that knowledge you clearly have in abundance?

Because he has never achieved anything as a manager and his style of play is not what is needed for our club going forward. Also, there are much better options available to us and this would be an easy fan-pleasing appointment, just as McDermott II was. As I've said in numerous other threads, the dressing room is rotten and it needs someone to knock the egos into shape.

Basildon

by Basildon » 11 Dec 2018 13:44

Sky Sports reporting Vitor Pereira (current Shanghai SIPG manager) is on the shortlist.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 11 Dec 2018 13:46

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL Christ on a bike. let`s get a manager of one of the only two sides below us. all the romantic geeks on social media think he`s the man for us.
His career management record is ordinary in the extreme. 37.7% win rate. how is he the man to keep us up?

Because he has a much higher career win rate than oursis currently, has already worked miracles to keep a very limited Bolton side that's absolutely potless up once when he had no right to do so and is a popular figure with fans.

The popularity will wane after a month of poor results and most of the new post 2006 premier league fans won't even have seen him play.

His managerial career has been mixed at best, and the career win rate is based largely at Bradford in league 2 where they were around the playoffs for years, and the fact that in 18 years no club looking other than those for a cheap option have employed him speaks volumes.

I don't get this "lets get in a playing legend" idea - we need to go for someone who will keep us up, and that's sadly not Parky.

...and the football will be dreadful based on his last few sides I've seen, home and away.

1436 posts