New Manager

1436 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: New Manager

by Hendo » 19 Dec 2018 10:17

Winston Biscuit I thought German & Austrian managers were all the rage these days what with Klopp, Rabbithutch & Wagner.

Wolfgang Wolf anyone?

Might be adding Ralph Hasenhüttl to that list as well.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Dec 2018 10:18

Eaststandman No, what we need is a romantic Norwegian appointment like manure!

So is that a vote for Trevor Morley then ?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Dec 2018 10:22

Hendo
Winston Biscuit I thought German & Austrian managers were all the rage these days what with Klopp, Rabbithutch & Wagner.

Wolfgang Wolf anyone?

look closer, he is already in there

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Dec 2018 10:22

Hendo

Wolfgang Wolf anyone?

I think that's what he was going for with "rabbithutch"

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Dec 2018 10:23

:oops:

*heads to the kitchen to make another coffee as clearly not awake yet...*

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Dec 2018 10:54

I'd rather a romantic Icelandic appointment.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 19 Dec 2018 11:06

Icelander, cool, but what about a Norwegian Blue? The longer this goes on the sillier we look!

cp

by cp » 19 Dec 2018 11:17

It was interesting to hear this morning that Man U are not rushing into a new long term appointment, but had confirmed Solskjaser for rest of season not because he was a great manager (which he isn't) but because he knows and can restore the original Man U values. The feeling that the team is better than it's performances and aren't playing for each other at the moment. His job is to create the "team" spirit again.

Sounds a familiar issue, not then just us.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 19 Dec 2018 11:24

But, they won't get anywhere near relegation though!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 11:27

cp It was interesting to hear this morning that Man U are not rushing into a new long term appointment, but had confirmed Solskjaser for rest of season not because he was a great manager (which he isn't) but because he knows and can restore the original Man U values. The feeling that the team is better than it's performances and aren't playing for each other at the moment. His job is to create the "team" spirit again.

Sounds a familiar issue, not then just us.

The two situations are completely different and it is pointless to compare the two. They could have their pick of practically any manager in world football and we can't even get a low budget Mourinho from a crap Portuguese club. They are taking their time because the person they want is currently in a job and because they have nothing to play for can afford to wait. We are in a relegation battle and cannot attract anyone to us no matter how hard we try.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2018 11:45

this was on Talk Reading:

Reading are willing to offer Rio Ave €1 million for manager José Manuel Gomes. A decision is likely to be made in the next few hours, but he is expected to stay at the club

Bored of the whole thing now. Lets just use that money for Ainsworth and move on.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 11:49

Hound this was on Talk Reading:

Reading are willing to offer Rio Ave €1 million for manager José Manuel Gomes. A decision is likely to be made in the next few hours, but he is expected to stay at the club

Bored of the whole thing now. Lets just use that money for Ainsworth and move on.

Sadly it would appear from the outside that he is 3rd choice behind Parkinson. Based on all the info available it looks like it goes Portuguese coach 1st choice, Parkinson 2nd choice, Ainsworth 3rd choice.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 19 Dec 2018 13:21

In other news, Paul Tisdale was born in Malta and has been to Portugal many times! Just saying.......

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Dec 2018 13:22

Eaststandman In other news, Paul Tisdale was born in Malta and has been to Portugal many times! Just saying.......

He wears a hat well too.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 19 Dec 2018 13:27

A magic hat???

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 19 Dec 2018 13:30

Pepe the Horseman

Brynjar Gunnarsson !

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Dec 2018 14:38

I'm not against having a foreign manager, but this is looking more and more like a complete shambles.

We sack a manager with absolutely no plan to recruit a replacement, except that they need to be Portuguese?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Dec 2018 14:42

Gunny Fishcake
Pepe the Horseman

Brynjar Gunnarsson !

Player Manager Gylfi :P

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 19 Dec 2018 15:18

Old Man Andrews

Sadly it would appear from the outside that he is 3rd choice behind Parkinson. Based on all the info available it looks like it goes Portuguese coach 1st choice, Parkinson 2nd choice, Ainsworth 3rd choice.

TBH second and third choice excite me more. I also think it is as important that the right back room staff are round him. Murty as assistant manager would be good and the right type of people to have round the club. Though it is not working atm I like the Man Utd model of having previous successful players in the fold even if it is as a mentoring role. Kitson, Sidwell, Ingimarsson, Forster spring to mind. I know I will get all the nostalgia doesn't work but I think we have lost our way so bad this maybe the only way to install what the reading way is back. TBF we could probably still play above and get better results now.

Delboy

by Delboy » 19 Dec 2018 15:31

How about Nigel Clough

1436 posts