The Non - League thread

10440 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Non - League thread

by tmesis » 29 Dec 2018 20:26

Royal Rother
tmesis West to the Eastbourne derby on Boxing Day, with Eastbourne's 2nd and 3rd clubs battling it out in front of an amazing step 5 crowd of 856.

Town, the home team, beat United 5-0. United are having a terrible season, only winning their first game of the season last week, so there probably won't be another derby next season.

That was at 11 am, so I went to Burgess Hill v Worthing afterwards, and only 539 were at that one. I was pleased to see Burgess Hill win as Worthing seem to have attracted a few mouthy fans with a sense of entitlement since they started drawing good crowds.

Were the Ultras in good voice?

"Oh Eastbourne Town...Is wonderful...it's full of old people and seagulls..."

And did you notice any Windsor FC stickers from our FA Vase Triumph there last year?

No.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 30 Dec 2018 12:38

Yesterday's NL results and NYD Fixtures tagged on - games are coming thick 'n fast :mrgreen:

Saturday 29th December

NAT
Maidenhead United 0-1 Braintree Town – Magpies drop into bottom 3 – Chesterfield grabbed a point v Hartlepool to go above them on GD
Sutton United 2-1 Aldershot Town – former Sh!ts striker (and one time RFC fringe player) Brett Williams, scored the decisive goal – recently joined Sutton on loan from Torquay
NATN
Brackley Town 3-1 Nuneaton Borough
NATS
Chelmsford City 2-1 Hemel Hempstead Town
Chippenham Town 3-2 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Dulwich Hamlet 0-1 Slough Town
East Thurrock United 2-2 Dartford
Hungerford Town 1-4 Truro City
St Albans City 2-1 Billericay Town
Torquay United 2-1 Gloucester City
Wealdstone 0-2 Oxford City
Welling United 0-1 Concord Rangers
Weston-super-Mare 0-2 Bath City
Woking 2-0 Eastbourne Borough

ILP
Dorking Wanderers 2-0 Leatherhead att 1529
IL1-SC
Bedfont Sports 4-0 Ashford Town (Middx)
Egham Town
0-2 FC Romania
Hanwell Town 1-9 {NINE} Hayes & Yeading United – HandY stay 2 points clear of Marlow and have three games in hand. GD +53 after 16 matches.
Marlow 3-0 Northwood
Uxbridge 0-0 Chalfont St Peter
- Bracknell Town not in action today but do play on NYD H v Westfield. They will go 2nd on GD above Marlow, with a win.

SLP-C
Halesowen Town 2-0 Banbury United
SLP-S
Beaconsfield Town 3-2 Basingstoke Town
Chesham United
1-1 Metropolitan Police
Farnborough 1-0 Staines Town
Gosport Borough 1-0 Hartley Wintney
SL1-C
Aylesbury 1-1 Coleshill Town
Bedford Town 2-0 Kidlington
Didcot Town
3-3 Welwyn Garden City – WGC level on 93’
Dunstable Town 4-0 North Leigh
Kempston Rovers 2-2 Aylesbury United
Thame United 0-3 Sutton Coldfield Town
SL1-S
AFC Totton 3-1 Highworth Town
Fleet Town
1-3 Street
Winchester City 4-0 Mangotsfield United – hat-trick for Mitford
Yate Town 1-1 Thatcham Town

CCLP
Abbey Rangers 2-3 CB Hounslow United
Banstead Athletic 1-2 Hanworth Villa
Camberley Town 2-1 Badshot Lea
Chertsey Town
5-1 Knaphill
Cobham 0-1 Raynes Park Vale
Horley Town 1-3 Guildford City
Redhill 2-2 Sutton Common Rovers
Southall 1-1 AFC Hayes
Spelthorne Sports 3-0 Walton & Hersham
CCL1
Ash United 0-3 Farnham Town
Epsom & Ewell 1-0 Eversley & California
Fleet Spurs
1-2 Godalming Town
Kensington Borough 1-1 Dorking Wanderers Res
Sandhurst Town 2-0 Cove
Tooting Bec 0-0 Sheerwater

HELLP
Abingdon United 0-3 Shrivenham
Ascot United 2-0 Longlevens
Flackwell Heath 3-3 Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Reading City 1-3 Bishops Cleeve
Wantage Town 4-1 Lydney Town
Windsor 1-1 Tuffley Rovers - att 115 poor result against side bottom at start of play.
Challenge Cup
Brimscomb & Thrupp 1-3 Binfield - thought this was a great result initially, then spotted it was a Cup tie! :roll:
HELL1E
Burnham {ELEVEN} 11-0 Abingdon Town
Chalvey Sports
2-1 Wokingham & Emmbrook
Chinnor
1-3 Wallingford Town
Holyport
2-1 Penn & Tylers Green
Milton United 2-2 Woodley United

WESSP
AFC Portchester 1-2 Alresford Town
Bemerton Heath Harlequins 4-0 Andover New Street
Shaftesbury 3-1 Tadley Calleva
WESS1
Petersfield Town 0-3 United Services Portsmouth

- we managed to get to IL1-SE Sevenoaks 0-1 Cray Wanderers - att 269
- mercifully light M25 anti-clockwise - odd sort of ground built into a hillside close to the centre of town - not far from the Bat & Ball Railway Station - almost directly off the A25.
Layout of the The Bourne Stadium has a very temporary feel to it - lots of portakabins slung around the entrance - based in a large open park. Club Sports Bar outside the ground. Have spent a fair amount of money enclosing it and adding to the cover/seating facilities.
The hosts have only recently climbed up out of the Kent league (as was) and are being prudent with their ground improvements.
Leaders Cray Wanderers, showed why they are top - stayed 10 points clear with a win grabbed very late on in game where their forward line were seriously mis-firing.
Home side had a penalty saved first half but rarely posed a threat otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...and looking quickly ahead ....

Tuesday 1st January 2019

-top two levels are the reverse fixtures from Boxing Day

NAT
Aldershot Town v Maidenhead United
NATN
Leamington v Brackley Town
NATS
Bath City v Chippenham Town
Billericay Town v Chelmsford City
Concord Rangers v East Thurrock United
Dartford v Welling United
Eastbourne Borough v Dulwich Hamlet
Gloucester City v Weston-super-Mare
13:00 Hampton & Richmond Borough v Woking
Hemel Hempstead Town v St Albans City
Oxford City v Hungerford Town
13:00 Slough Town v Wealdstone
Truro City v Torquay United

IL1-SC
Bracknell Town v Westfield

SLP-C
Banbury United v Alvechurch
SLP-S
Basingstoke Town v Farnborough
Hartley Wintney
v Swindon Supermarine
Hendon v Chesham United
Kings Langley v Walton Casuals
Staines Town v Harrow Borough
SL1-C
Aylesbury United v Aylesbury
Kidlington v Thame United
North Leigh v Kempston Rovers
Sutton Coldfield Town v Didcot Town
SL1-S
13:00 Blackfield & Langley v Winchester City
Highworth Town v Evesham United
Moneyfields v Fleet Town
Thatcham Town
v AFC Totton

CCL – HELLENIC - WESSEX
– no Fixtures scheduled for NYD this year.

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 30 Dec 2018 14:55

Dick Habbin's hairdo
AthleticoSpizz As is the tradition this time each year, THANKS FOC for keeping the football real for us with your scorelines and snippets.....top hopping!!

Indeed, FOC, reading this regularly is one of the joys of being a Nobber. Thank you.

These comments sum up my feelings too, having discovered this page this year it quickly became my favourite with its concise yet interesting reviews. I am a young hopper and will try to write a few more reviews in the new year.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Dec 2018 14:05

Windsor 1-1 Tuffley Rovers

Poor stuff again from Windsor, only equalising late on against bottom of the table Tuffley, and that with a complete mis-hit which wrong-footed the keeper and barely made it over the line from 6 yards out.

The lack of consistency and quality in league games is beginning to irritate me. Still, onwards to the FA Vase at Uckfield next Saturday. I’m sure they’ll be able to raise their game for that one!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Jan 2019 09:32

Royal Rother Windsor 1-1 Tuffley Rovers

Poor stuff again from Windsor, only equalising late on against bottom of the table Tuffley, and that with a complete mis-hit which wrong-footed the keeper and barely made it over the line from 6 yards out.

The lack of consistency and quality in league games is beginning to irritate me. Still, onwards to the FA Vase at Uckfield next Saturday. I’m sure they’ll be able to raise their game for that one!

That was my 4th Windsor game of the season. There is no coincidence that the best performance was the 2-1 win at Erith in the last round of the Vase. The other 3 were a disappointing reverse against Brimscombe where we should have scored 4 in the first 20 minutes then failed miserably to do much positive and then two shocking performances against Tuffley and Virginia Water.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Jan 2019 12:20

...round-up of yesterday's NL games:

Tuesday 1st January 2019

NAT
Aldershot Town 0-0 Maidenhead United att 2090 – 'Magpies' reportedly had the better of the game but stay 3rd bottom, a point behind Havant & W. – with the Sh!ts only a point further off. Maidenhead do have a game in hand
NATN
Leamington 0-0 Brackley Town
NATS
Bath City 5-0 Chippenham Town
Billericay Town 0-1 Chelmsford City
Concord Rangers 1-1 East Thurrock United
Dartford 1-0 Welling United
Eastbourne Borough 2-1 Dulwich Hamlet
Gloucester City 1-3 Weston-super-Mare
Hampton & Richmond Borough 0-3 Woking 'Cards' temporarily headed the table, following a win in the early KO but Torquay’s win over their ‘lodgers’, Truro, put them back top, albeit they have played two games more than Woking.

Hemel Hempstead Town 1-1 St Albans City
Oxford City 1-2 Hungerford Town vital win for ‘Crusaders’ who climb out of the bottom three thanks to bottom club W-S-M’s win at fellow strugglers, Glawster.
Slough Town 0-1 Wealdstone –'Rebels' had won three of their ‘festive’ fixtures but slumped yesterday against a side they’d beaten comfortably on Boxing Day
Truro City 1-3 Torquay United – att 2812 according to Beeb & reportedly 2763 were 'Gulls' fans. (Match was played at Plainmoor) ‘Visitors’ have now won 9 league games in a row – breaking a 20 yr record for them.

IL1-SC
Bracknell Town 3-1 Westfieldatt 297 a brace for Ferdinand – Field led 1-0 at the break. ‘Robins’ hop up to 2nd spot behind H&Y and ahead of Marlow in 3rd, on GD.
- In the Premier division, the local battle at the ‘Dripping Pan’ saw visitors and relegation threatened Burgess Hill, bt PO chasers Lewes 3-0 in front of 1100
- Haringey Borough stretch the lead further at the top of that division, with a thumping 4-0 win at Wingate and Finchley

SLP-C
Banbury United 3-1 Alvechurch - ‘Puritans’ snatch the win with two stoppage time goals (92’ & 94’) – they are only three points adrift of the last PO spot but have played at least 2 games more than those contending them currently.
- Stourbridge lead the pack, just ahead of Kettering with a big gap (13 pts) back to King’s Lynn Biggleswade Town and Stratford.

SLP-S
Basingstoke Town 1-1 Farnborough – att 478 - Perry Coles grabs a 90’ leveller for ‘boro and keep ‘stoke in trouble – only clear of the (nominal) drop zone on GD.
Hartley Wintney 2-2 Swindon Supermarine – Mitch Parker (ex Highmoor/Reading City) scored for HW
Hendon 0-1 Chesham United‘Generals’ definitely on the upturn – 3rd on current form but still in the bottom three - though their hosts have lost 6 in 6 and fallen out of the PO places.
– 90’ winner brings Chesham level with Basingstoke

Merthyr Town 3-1 Taunton Town – leaders beaten but head the table by 6 points from Weymouth & Salisbury
Staines Town 1-5 Harrow Borough – hosts well adrift at the foot of the table – have lost 21 of 24 league games.
Weymouth 2-2 Poole Town att 1270
SL1-C
Aylesbury United 2-0 Aylesbury
Kidlington 0-1 Thame United – visitors up to 4th
North Leigh 3-1 Kempston Rovers – Nor Lye get back above Kiddy on GD but have to visit leaders Peterborough Sports next. Kidlington don’t have it any easier, as they are due to trek up to 3rd placed Corby.
Sutton Coldfield Town 3-3 Didcot TownDiddy stay in the last PO slot
SL1-S
Blackfield & Langley 0-4 Winchester City – remarkable scoreline at the previous leaders; two more goals for Mitford. By accounts I’ve seen, was thoroughly deserved – though B&L were understandably upset at their poor showing.
- Yate the new leaders with a good win at Melksham in front of over 500. Was Melksham’s first home defeat in a league game for almost exactly a year.

Highworth Town 1-7 {SEVEN} Evesham United – 6 of the goals notched by the Simpson brothers – Kane with hat-trick – Cory with two and one for Kye. Worthians led after 12’
Moneyfields 4-1 Fleet Town
Thatcham Town
3-0 AFC Totton - att 192 - a pair for Cooper-Clark

...and many thanks for the kind words relating to my inane drawlings on here - & Happy NY to all my readers :mrgreen:
.... I'll try to continue burbling away, for as long as: the fancy takes me/health permits (so far so good - though I am officially a Pensioner now! :shock: albeit with the mind of a 15 yr old :P ) / the missus allows me the time on this cranky old Desktop.

For those who haven't got the NL bug - give it a try - it's a great way of escaping the current misery and torpor on offer at the MadStad at least every other week
- and watching as a detached (mainly) neutral is an oddly cathartic pleasure - particularly if, like me, you no longer feel you have to invest the time in following our hapless lot away. 8)
...as the saying goes - "they never came to see me; when I was ill!" :lol:

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 03 Jan 2019 15:07

happy retirement FoC

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 03 Jan 2019 15:54

Wax Jacket happy retirement FoC

..... maybe I should have used 'technically' a pensioner; rather than 'officially' - e.g. sadly I haven't retired just yet but the supplemental income from enduring 20+ yrs with a corporate giant in a former life is going to make things easier financially - I hope :?

...... KAEOOGF but true to life's little habit of continual re-balance, we now have a almost corresponding and unexpected increase in outgoings :| with any luck short-medium term.

mx

by mx » 03 Jan 2019 22:09

Four Of Clubs ...round-up of yesterday's NL games:

Blackfield & Langley 0-4 Winchester City [i]– remarkable scoreline at the previous leaders; two more goals for Mitford. By accounts I’ve seen, was thoroughly deserved – though B&L were understandably upset at their poor showing.
-

That's two 4-0 wins on the trot for us after a couple of duff results - we are nothing if not inconsistent - if we could just maintain this kind of form, the play-offs are still in sight. Beating the league leaders 4 nil away is a cracking result. There is much joy down at the Simply Health City Ground right now. And the reserves just beat Salisbury away in the Wyvern League 8)

Ty Mitford is indeed the ducks nuts when he's on form - but when looking at his stats it's worth remembering that he takes (and reliably scores) the pens, and we've had a couple for us recently. None the less, a great signing for us.

I really must get to a game again......

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 04 Jan 2019 17:37

...tomorrow's (this w/e) NL fixtures:

Saturday 5th Jan

FA Cup Round 3
23 Woking v Watford (Sun 2.00) (BT Sport 2)
26 Sheffield United v Barnet (Sun 2.00)

FA Vase Round 4
Northern section:
Godmanchester Rovers v Sporting Khalsa
Irlam v Cadbury Athletic
Hebburn Town v Shepshed Dynamo
Newcastle Benfield v Northwich Victoria
Sunderland RCA v West Auckland Town
Coventry United v Leicester Nirvana
Deeping Rangers v Eastwood Community
Histon v Lye Town
- as is often the the norm, the Bookies aren't looking outside the Northern section for likely winners - with the four 'Geordie Mafia' heading the odds: -
Sunderland RCA, W.Auckland (They can't decide between these two - both around 5-1 - and they meet) ,
Hebburn (slightly shorter at threes) and Newcastle Benfield also 6-1.
Sholing are the most fancied southern side; 5th place in the betting at about 'sevens' - Chertsey are 10-1
- Windsor are 66-1 & two of the sides in the section below don't even warrant enough regard, to have their club names spelled correctly by 'oddschecker' : :roll: 'Ukfield' and 'Hamsworthy' both out at 100's

Southern section:
Willand Rovers v Hamworthy United - Western v Wessex

{SUN 6th 14:00} Canterbury City v Newport Pagnell Town @ Faversham

AFC Uckfield Town v Windsor - Southern Combination (ex-Sussex) v Hellenic Premier - both sides lower mid-table
- may well try and set out early enough for this - M25 permitting

Cribbs v Sholing - mid-table Brizzle-based Western League vs still unbeaten Wessex League leaders and former holders - 13-14 season

Bearsted v Abbey Rangers South East Counties (ex-Kent) league side host another CCL survivor

Chertsey Town v AFC St Austell - CCL leaders 'Curfews' face STEP06 opposition but they are from a very strong league (So'West Peninsula - currently in 4th) and have put together some impressive results against 4 higher ranked Western league sides on this run.

{SUN 6th 14:00} Biggleswade v Stowmarket Town @ Biggleswade Town

Cray Valley v Baffins Milton Rovers - South East Counties (ex-Kent) v Wessex

League
NAT
Gateshead v Maidenhead Utd
NATN
Brackley Town v Ashton Utd
NATS
Chelmsford City v Hampton & Richmond Borough
Chippenham Town v Eastbourne Borough
Dulwich Hamlet v Bath City
East Thurrock United v Gloucester City
Hungerford Town v Concord Rangers
St Albans City v Oxford City
Torquay United v Slough Town
Wealdstone v Dartford
Welling United v Truro City
Weston-super-Mare v Billericay Town

ILP
AFC Hornchurch v Dorking Wanderers
IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) v Egham Town
Chalfont St Peter
v Tooting & Mitcham United
Chipstead v Bracknell Town
FC Romania v Uxbridge
Hayes & Yeading United v Molesey
South Park v Marlow
Ware v Bedfont Sports
Westfield v Waltham Abbey

SLP-C
Banbury United v Barwell
SLP-S
Chesham United v Beaconsfield Town - 'Rams' played Wed night; beaten 1-3 at Met Police and missed the chance to close the gap up to the PO spots - are 6 points adrift of Met Police, who move up to 5th above Merthyr and level with Harrow Borough but with a couple of games in hand. Weymouth and Salisbury are only two points further ahead, with Taunton 6 pts clear at the top

Farnborough v Swindon Supermarine
Hartley Wintney v Basingstoke Town
Staines Town
v Walton Casuals
SL1-C
Corby Town v Kidlington
Didcot Town
v AFC Dunstable
Peterborough Sports v North Leigh
Thame United v Cambridge City
SL1-S
Fleet Town v Highworth Town
Slimbridge v Thatcham Town
Winchester City
v Cinderford Town

CCLP
Badshot Lea v Cobham @ Camberley
Balham v AFC Hayes
Banstead Athletic v Redhill
Guildford City v Colliers Wood United (at Frimley Green FC)
Hanworth Villa v Camberley Town
Knaphill
v Horley Town
Raynes Park Vale v Sutton Common Rovers
Spelthorne Sports v Southall
B&B Trophy Q-F
Sandhurst Town v Burnham - other 3 Q-Fs next w/e 12/01
CCL1
Bedfont & Feltham v Sheerwater
Chessington & Hook United v Frimley Green
Cove
v Epsom & Ewell
Eversley & California v Tooting Bec
Farnham Town v Kensington Borough
FC Deportivo Galicia v Ash United
Godalming Town v Bagshot

HELLP
Abingdon United v Bishops Cleeve
Brimscombe & Thrupp v Ascot United
Fairford Town v Ardley United
Longlevens v Wantage Town
Reading City
v Lydney Town
Shrivenham v Binfield
Tuffley Rovers v Holmer Green
HELL1E
AFC Aldermaston v Burnham
Abingdon Town
v Penn & Tylers Green
Milton United v Thame Rangers
Wallingford Town v Didcot Town Development
Wokingham & Emmbrook v Chinnor @ Larges Lane

WESSP
{FRI 4th Jan} Alresford Town v Hamble Club
Andover New Street v AFC Portchester
Tadley Calleva v Bashley

WESS1
AFC Stoneham v Andover Town
Folland Sports v Alton
Newport (IOW) v Whitchurch United
Petersfield Town
v Verwood Town

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Jan 2019 21:07

Four Of Clubs {SUN 6th 14:00} Biggleswade v Stowmarket Town [i]@ Biggleswade Town[/i

Watched Biggleswade vs Thatcham last season and they were an excellent side who played some good football too.

Possibly a side to watch if that was anything like a good indication of their standard.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 05 Jan 2019 07:45

Off to AFC Uckfield this afternoon. There is something about away games with Windsor that makes them memorable for one reason or another. Make it a cup game and then things really do take a turn for the more bizarre.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2019 20:33

AFC Uckfield Town 1-4 Windsor

Another great away day in the Vase! Terrible pitch, sticky and bobbly but we were clinical in front of goal and showed the passion and commitment that has been a little missing in recent league games. That’s a bit disappointing but tonight is not the time to dwell on that.

An excellent day out with an impressive Windsor contingent which can’t have been far short of 100.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2019 21:30

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 06 Jan 2019 03:22

Went along to watch Tadley Calleva vs Bashley today. Tidy ground overlooked by wild heathland, looked quite mystical on this bitter winters day. Exciting game with Bashley becoming the 3-2 victors, a pen for each side too!

Great to see Maidenhead and Hungerford getting vital wins too!

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 06 Jan 2019 18:26

FA Vase double header for me this weekend.

Saturday: Chertsey Town 5-0 St Austell. About 100 fans made their way up from Cornwall and the team gave as good as they got. But Chertsey were just too strong for them and look a very strong side. In fact, i would go as far as saying they are the best Step 5 team i have seen in the last few seasons. They will be the team to avoid. Winger Dake Binns (ex Woking/Sutton in the NL) now 37 but was clearly the best player on the pitch. Jake Baxter bagged a 3rd hat trick in a row and looks at least a step 2 striker to my eye. Straight out of the Jamie Cureton mould. Att: 501

Sunday: Biggleswade 1-0 Stowmarket Town. Winner on 87, dreadful game. Att: 527

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2019 18:31

Credit, birthplace team Barnet, an unlikely win at Sheff U

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Jan 2019 22:46

NL Results Saturday/Sunday 5th/6th Jan

FA Cup Round 3
23 Woking 0-2 Watford
26 Sheffield United 0-1 Barnet

FA Vase Round 4
Northern section:
Godmanchester Rovers 1-0 Sporting Khalsa
Irlam 4-0 Cadbury Athletic
Hebburn Town 2-1 Shepshed Dynamo
Newcastle Benfield 2-3 Northwich Victoria
Sunderland RCA 0-1 West Auckland Town
Coventry United 3-2 Leicester Nirvana
Deeping Rangers 4-0 Eastwood Community
Histon 2-1 Lye Town

Southern section:
Willand Rovers 1-0 Hamworthy United
Canterbury City 3-2 Newport Pagnell Town att: 259 – played this PM (Sunday) at Faversham Town’s ground just off the M2 – went once before almost exactly 8 years ago
– no visible changes to the ground – low slung functional affair mix of blockhouse and portakabins with a long seated stand down one side.
Big comfy bar and very decent food outlet. Home side bossed the first half and deservedly led by 2 at the break. Visitors came out and pressed re 2nd half and actually looked the better set-up but only managed one goal form a set-piece before City restored their lead. NPT pulled another back on about 88’ with a fine individual goal – but no further dramas.

AFC Uckfield Town 1-4 Windsor att: 138 – we got to this and in spite of all the glowing reports above of generous hospitality didn’t really see that much on show for the spectator.
Hosts friendly enough and probably made a fuss of the visiting officials but the ‘standard’ NL provisions were decidedly spartan – no hot food – no draught ale or lager and only precious few programmes produced:
QUOTE: “…didn’t expect much of a crowd and there’s not much call for them.”
Windsor fans that came along were in good numbers and voice.

Cribbs 0-2 Sholing
Bearsted 0-1 Abbey Rangers aet
Chertsey Town 5-0 AFC St Austell
Biggleswade 1-0 Stowmarket Town
Cray Valley 3-1 Baffins Milton Rovers

NAT
Gateshead 0-1 Maidenhead Utd‘Magpies’ out of the bottom four and now above the Sh!ts. Host OCFC this coming Tuesday night, in their delayed & previously abandoned Trophy tie.
NATN
Brackley Town 3-1 Ashton Utd
NATS
Chelmsford City 2-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Chippenham Town 2-3 Eastbourne Borough
Dulwich Hamlet 0-2 Bath City
East Thurrock United 2-0 Gloucester City
Hungerford Town 2-1 Concord Rangers – ‘Crusaders’ escape the bottom three – have a vital game up next Sat, away at Gloucester City, who are four points below them
St Albans City 1-0 Oxford City
Torquay United 4-0 Slough Town ‘Gulls’ now 5 points clear of Woking who were in Cup action – ‘Cards’ have three games in hand play Welling at Kingfield on Wednesday
– ‘Sluff’ host 4th placed Bath City on Tuesday evening.

Wealdstone 1-1 Dartford
Welling United 5-3 Truro City
Weston-super-Mare 2-3 Billericay Town

ILP
AFC Hornchurch 1-1 Dorking Wanderers
IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) 2-1 Egham Town
Chalfont St Peter
0-2 Tooting & Mitcham United
Chipstead 0-3 Bracknell Town – goals from Cornell, Artwell & Grant in the 2nd half.
FC Romania 2-2 Uxbridge
Hayes & Yeading United 2-0 Molesey
South Park 1-2 MarlowBlues hang on in 2nd half after being reduced to 10 men.
Ware 4-2 Bedfont Sports
Westfield 1-0 Waltham Abbey

SLP-C
Banbury United {SIX} 6-1 Barwell – ‘Puritans’ run riot with 5 goals in the 2nd half. Unfortunately 6 of the top 7 all won as well, to leave them back in ninth having played a game or two more.
SLP-S
Chesham United 0-0 Beaconsfield Town
Farnborough
2-1 Swindon Supermarine
Hartley Wintney 0-2 Basingstoke Town att: 451 – 'Dragons' grab a couple in quick succession around the hour mark to exact some revenge for the mauling at Camrose, in the reverse fixture late Nov

Staines Town 1-4 Walton Casuals
SL1-C
Corby Town 3-1 Kidlington
Didcot Town 2-0 AFC Dunstable
Peterborough Sports 5-1 North Leigh
Thame United 1-0 Cambridge City
SL1-S
Fleet Town 3-4 Highworth Town
Slimbridge 1-0 Thatcham Town
Winchester City
2-2 Cinderford Town

CCLP
Badshot Lea 1-0 Cobham
Balham 0-2 AFC Hayes
Banstead Athletic 3-1 Redhill
Guildford City 1-0 Colliers Wood United
Hanworth Villa 0-0 Camberley Town
Knaphill
2-2 Horley Town
Raynes Park Vale 0-1 Sutton Common Rovers - SCR draw level with Chertsey at the tiop but the ‘Curfews’ lead on GD and have 2 games in hand
Spelthorne Sports 2-0 Southall
B&B Trophy Q-F
Sandhurst Town 2-0 Burnham
CCL1
Bedfont & Feltham 3-2 Sheerwater
Chessington & Hook United 1-3 Frimley Green
Cove
1-2 Epsom & Ewell
Eversley & California 0-3 Tooting Bec
Farnham Town {SIX} 6-0 Kensington Borough
FC Deportivo Galicia 1-3 Ash United
Godalming Town
2-0 Bagshot

HELLP
Abingdon United 1-2 Bishops Cleeve
Brimscombe & Thrupp 3-1 Ascot United B&T now level with ‘Yellamen’ with a game in hand. Brackley Saints not in action, stay a point clear of these two.
- Bps Cleeve and Wantage are drawing ever closer and both of those have three games in hand

Fairford Town 1-0 Ardley United
Longlevens 1-2 Wantage Town
Reading City
0-4 Lydney Town att: 98 - at least City got the largest crowd in the division.
Shrivenham 4-1 Binfield - poor result for ‘Moles’ - who do at least have plenty of games in hand on all those around them – much like Windsor, who sit two places below them in 14th. Tough one tomorrow night (Mon), when the ‘Yellamen’ are due to roll into Stubbs Lane.

Tuffley Rovers 3-3 Holmer Green
HELL1E
Abingdon Town 1-2 Penn & Tylers Green
Milton United
1-1 Thame Rangers
Wallingford Town 0-1 Didcot Town Development
Wokingham & Emmbrook 1-0 Chinnor

WESSP
Andover New Street 1-4 AFC Portchester
Tadley Calleva 2-3 Bashley

WESS1
AFC Stoneham 2-1 Andover Towncreditable performance from bottom placed Town at the unbeaten league leaders. Were only beaten in the 85’ having levelled just before HT.
AFC had to play in their changed strip of lurid Pink as the visitors turned up with their normal all blue kit which neatly matched that of their hosts!

Folland Sports 4-2 Alton
Newport (IOW) {EIGHT} 8-2 Whitchurch United
Petersfield Town
1-0 Verwood Town

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 07 Jan 2019 07:15

FOC, what did you think of the official gate of 138 at Uckfield?

About 50%?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 07 Jan 2019 11:31

Petersfield Town 1-0 Verwood Town
Entertaining game in the end, but both teams pretty poor in terms of quality.

Top job by the officials, if I say so myself. :? 8)

10440 posts