BBC Radio Berks

Steve_Upper_West

Re: BBC Radio Berks

by Steve_Upper_West » 29 Dec 2018 21:57

Ascotexgunner
Henley Royal 1
DOYLERSAROYALER Thing is woth BBRB is that Dellor is a Doom Monger .. Gooding agrees with everYthing "Adi" says..and Adi himself thinks hes the fount of all football knowledge and uses BBRB as an ego trip to remind listeners every week of what he did and who he knows and how he would do it...yawn

I gave up listening to them years ago.

Disagree......Adi is a passionate Royal and talks like a fan. I like that. Tim Dellor sits on the fence too much for me and never gives a clear point of view. Mick Gooding you feel wants to say what he's thinking but then says the obvious in "safe mode".
The only thing that with up me up is that twat Chris from the isle of White. He's on virtually every show talking utter crap with pointless stats. I have to turn the radio off.

Actually I would say Tim is the passionate one and rarely sits on the fence - Adi is just embarrassing with his attempts to be contraversial and his predictable sound bites... “my favourite part of the show - Tim Dellor’s stat attack” ...for a ‘sports journalist’ he should perhaps concentrate on his own stats - according to him (today) we lost 3 - 2 to Derby on the opening day of the season :o

And just for the record..... it’s Terry from the IOW :wink:

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 29 Dec 2018 22:26

Can’t stand Dellor’s excruciating voice at the best of times, but his anti-Gomes BS from the minute he came to the club is too much!

Gomes’ record is a concern, but he’s here now and deserves our support. There’s been too much negativity for too long and it doesn’t help matters.

The first half today was the best I’ve seen for many many months. Dominant in possession, playing at a pace QPR struggled with, and creating a number of excellent chances. Then Dellor pipes up with a comment that the first half wasn’t that good! The guy is clueless.

That performance today deserved a positive response from the fans and it got it, and the team will only grow with confidence feeding off of that.

It’s about time Dellor did one and someone new and fresh came in. Someone that isn’t petty and biased towards his own misinformed opinion.

He didn’t get to see Parky come in and bring his dated long ball with him, so it’s all Gomes’ fault.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 29 Dec 2018 22:55

IRjAy Can’t stand Dellor’s excruciating voice at the best of times, but his anti-Gomes BS from the minute he came to the club is too much!

Gomes’ record is a concern, but he’s here now and deserves our support. There’s been too much negativity for too long and it doesn’t help matters.

The first half today was the best I’ve seen for many many months. Dominant in possession, playing at a pace QPR struggled with, and creating a number of excellent chances. Then Dellor pipes up with a comment that the first half wasn’t that good! The guy is clueless.

That performance today deserved a positive response from the fans and it got it, and the team will only grow with confidence feeding off of that.

It’s about time Dellor did one and someone new and fresh came in. Someone that isn’t petty and biased towards his own misinformed opinion.

He didn’t get to see Parky come in and bring his dated long ball with him, so it’s all Gomes’ fault.

Gomes is going to prove Dim Dellor wrong,
Ady and Mick both know what they saw today and they have played under plenty of managers.
Adys comment after Dims interview with Gomes "that's a proper man manager"

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 29 Dec 2018 23:09

Hampshire Royal After one game at Millwall where we lost,

Didn't hear the post match until much later. Though broadly agreed with their observations. We were set up wrong from the kick off. There's a time to play possession football. It's not in deep in your own half with Millwall playing a high intensity press. I wouldn't have cared if were set-up for a boring 0-0 draw. It's not just that we lost but have 2 key players out for 3 games. That could cost us valuable points by the end of the season. Millwall won today. Now it's a 5 point gap opened up. Time is very rapidly slipping away.

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 29 Dec 2018 23:15

72 bus Gomes is going to prove Dim Dellor wrong,

1 - Dellor isn't saying that Gomes is going to be a failure, his argument is simply that there is little in the guys CV to suggest that he will be a success (particularly versus other managers who at least would start with experience of our club and/or the Championship)

2 - Even if Dellor is 'proved wrong' as a fan of this club surely he will be as delighted as the rest of us?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2018 23:59

Moonfish
72 bus Gomes is going to prove Dim Dellor wrong,

1 - Dellor isn't saying that Gomes is going to be a failure, his argument is simply that there is little in the guys CV to suggest that he will be a success (particularly versus other managers who at least would start with experience of our club and/or the Championship)

2 - Even if Dellor is 'proved wrong' as a fan of this club surely he will be as delighted as the rest of us?

Well fcuking quite

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 Dec 2018 00:00

Moonfish
sandman
Moonfish sometimes it's clear Mick doesn't prepare as much as he should (e.g recently claiming to have no knowledge of Gomes so wouldn't offer up an opinion - it's your job to commentate on the club so perhaps just spend 15mins having a quick Google before going on air at the very least?).

Tbf Mick has a job and often goes to matches straight from his work.

True, I do have some sympathy with him in that regard especially for midweek matches which he often has to rush to get to on time, but on the other hand this isn't a hobby he's actually being paid to provide a service via a BBC broadcast, he should be better prepared than simply saying 'hands up I haven't had time to prepare so I know nothing about our potential new manager and therefore can't offer an opinion'.

Maybe he doesn't believe spending the same 10 minutes on google looking him up that everyone else did would offer much value.

The only thing we really know about him is that his career so far hasn't exactly been outstanding. What does that tell us about his management style? Not a lot.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Dec 2018 01:31

It's Ady not "Adi". The level of disrespect towards a club legend like him is disgusting.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 30 Dec 2018 07:40

I've no problem with Adi as a player. One of the best things he did for us was the own goal he scored when playing for Wolves. (He'll always be Adi to me not Adrian, his real name). It's just that now he pontificates about stuff and is playing the role of a curmudgeonly old git. "It was far better in my day" etc. aided by Dellor.

The two of them just didn't give Gomes a chance (it's changed after yesterday's game, of course), but I've no doubt they will be back spouting the same old bile as soon as we have a bad game.

Moonfish

by Moonfish » 30 Dec 2018 08:53

Old Man Andrews It's Ady not "Adi". The level of disrespect towards a club legend like him is disgusting.

Oops, sorry Old Man Andrea, I've always been poor with names.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 30 Dec 2018 09:13

paddy20
DOYLERSAROYALER
Ascotexgunner
Disagree......Adi is a passionate Royal and talks like a fan. I like that. Tim Dellor sits on the fence too much for me and never gives a clear point of view. Mick Gooding you feel wants to say what he's thinking but then says the obvious in "safe mode".
The only thing that with up me up is that twat Chris from the isle of White. He's on virtually every show talking utter crap with pointless stats. I have to turn the radio off.

Williams is on a self promotion trip every match..he may be a fan but his self promotion is far more important to him...me me me ..all imho

Totally disagree. We have a total fan (Dellor) who speaks from his heart and two great ex-pros. Wouldn't want to change that

Hear hear, anybody who questions Adi’s loyalty and passion for our club is deluded. He’s been there , done it and literally worn the shirt which none of us have .......unless there are some ex players on HNO ? There’s a thought

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Dec 2018 09:57

Gunny Fishcake
paddy20
DOYLERSAROYALER
Williams is on a self promotion trip every match..he may be a fan but his self promotion is far more important to him...me me me ..all imho

Totally disagree. We have a total fan (Dellor) who speaks from his heart and two great ex-pros. Wouldn't want to change that

Hear hear, anybody who questions Adi’s loyalty and passion for our club is deluded. He’s been there , done it and literally worn the shirt which none of us have .......unless there are some ex players on HNO ? There’s a thought

Yet you can't get his name right?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Dec 2018 10:33

Of the three Williams talks the most sense about Reading FC. However I dislike his 1970’s “ time to hand over to the lovely Reet” presentational style. It grates as does his fawning over the likes of Jilly Cooper. He really loves to name drop.
Gooding sits on the fence and rarely commits to a strong viewpoint. Dellor comes across to me as a bit two faced.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Dec 2018 11:09

Old Man Andrews
Gunny Fishcake
paddy20

Yet you can't get his name right?

We're really trying to start a fight over a letter in the abbreviation of a name are we?

Don't know whether he changed it himself or others did but it was spelt "Adie" in the squad lists when he was a Reading player.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Dec 2018 12:53

Snowflake Royal Agree Dellor's a fanboy, which is why he isn't very good. Way too emotionally invested to do his job properly. Mick's good. Adi is just playing the controversy for the ratings, which is all just a bit tragic.

Dellor is more a prime Royals Boo Boy. Uses BBCRB to wage personal campaigns against individual players and/or manager (quite vicious on occasions) then bleats like hell when listeners call/text/tweet to pick him up on it. He also goes on big time about managers after the game but then refuses to put the points he has been making to the manager himself, instead leaving it to Williams to ask the difficult/critical questions. Typical of this was when he ducked the half-time team talk issue with Clement when Clement challenged him. Public school bully boy.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Dec 2018 13:00

Zip Of the three Williams talks the most sense about Reading FC. However I dislike his 1970’s “ time to hand over to the lovely Reet” presentational style. It grates as does his fawning over the likes of Jilly Cooper. .

Case in point:

https://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/home/122363/compere-s-sexist-joke-backfires-at-awards.html

And he definitely did a Nicky/Nick Hammond style name change at some point in his career.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 30 Dec 2018 13:10

Snowflake Royal Agree Dellor's a fanboy, which is why he isn't very good. Way too emotionally invested to do his job properly. Mick's good. Adi is just playing the controversy for the ratings, which is all just a bit tragic.

Have you listened to any other local radio station covering teams? The ones I have all seem to have vocal "fanboys", (whatever that means), which is as one would expect for local radio.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2018 13:12

RoyalBlue

Dellor is more a prime Royals Boo Boy. Uses BBCRB to wage personal campaigns against individual players and/or manager (quite vicious on occasions) then bleats like hell when listeners call/text/tweet to pick him up on it. He also goes on big time about managers after the game but then refuses to put the points he has been making to the manager himself, instead leaving it to Williams to ask the difficult/critical questions. Typical of this was when he ducked the half-time team talk issue with Clement when Clement challenged him. Public school bully boy.

He'll also pick favourites and worship them, blind to any short comings. CoughGuntercough.

So in other words just like half the posters on here. A fan boy.

Coming from you with your bile filled rants about Madejski and others, it's also a bit rich.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 30 Dec 2018 13:13

Steve_Upper_West
Ascotexgunner
Henley Royal 1 I gave up listening to them years ago.

Actually I would say Tim is the passionate one and rarely sits on the fence - Adi is just embarrassing with his attempts to be contraversial and his predictable sound bites... “my favourite part of the show - Tim Dellor’s stat attack” ...for a ‘sports journalist’ he should perhaps concentrate on his own stats - according to him (today) we lost 3 - 2 to Derby on the opening day of the season :o

Cheers mate....Terry that's the one. I think its when I latch onto the " Isle of Wight" bit I get the red mist and everything in my life becomes irrelevant. He gets so much bloody airtime its unreal. I'm normally fighting the self control button when Im driving 'home on the M4.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Dec 2018 13:15

Ascotexgunner
Steve_Upper_West
Ascotexgunner

Cheers mate....Terry that's the one. I think its when I latch onto the " Isle of Wight" bit I get the red mist and everything in my life becomes irrelevant. He gets so much bloody airtime its unreal. I'm normally fighting the self control button when Im driving 'home on the M4.

No one willing to call up a radio phone in and talk about a game is worth listening to.