RUMOUR - Lewis baker

259 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by Nameless » 10 Nov 2017 16:49

Isn’t Patrick Bamford at Boro ?

Surely they could share tales of being a much hyped Chelsea starlet who’s career is wasted on endless loan deals before settling for a bit part in the Championship ?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 20 Jun 2018 23:13

I'm not itk. Just have friends who like to pretend they are life long itk Chelski supporters (we all know at least 1)

Probably talking oxf*rd but both sides apparently trying to complete a season long deal to us, with option to buy.

Seems like it's shit or bust for him this year.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jun 2018 07:55

royalp-we I'm not itk. Just have friends who like to pretend they are life long itk Chelski supporters (we all know at least 1)

Probably talking oxf*rd but both sides apparently trying to complete a season long deal to us, with option to buy.

Didn't he sign a two year loan at Boro? I know he struggled this year there but has the second year been cancelled?

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 21 Jun 2018 08:33

Stranded
royalp-we I'm not itk. Just have friends who like to pretend they are life long itk Chelski supporters (we all know at least 1)

Didn't he sign a two year loan at Boro? I know he struggled this year there but has the second year been cancelled?

And this is why I am most certainly not itk :lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Jun 2018 08:49

Stranded

I think it was a 1 year loan with an option for a second year. However according to the local press up there it seems very unlikely due to his poor season that he will be there again this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jun 2018 08:55

He looked so good in that WC, suprised he struggled so much.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him come here, we were obviously close to getting him last year

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jun 2018 10:51

Gone to Leeds on loan

Poor decision imo for his career. Basket case club with a massively bloated squad, tetchy fan base and a nutcase manager

May work out for him but would be surprised

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Jan 2019 02:28

Mail have linked him with us again.
:lol: :lol: if it's true, whoever's in charge of recruitment is being taken for an absolute ride at the moment

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 09 Jan 2019 02:31

Hound Gone to Leeds on loan

Poor decision imo for his career. Basket case club with a massively bloated squad, tetchy fan base and a nutcase manager

May work out for him but would be surprised

Spot on hound

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/01/06/leeds-fans-rip-into-awful-lewis-baker-on-twitter/

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 09 Jan 2019 08:37

Chelsea recalled him from Leeds, aparently he’s now, belatedly, likely to come here.

Not sure how whelmed I am :|

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Jan 2019 08:49

I'm really not sure I would see the point in this. He has failed spectacularly at Championship level to date - now it could be that he has just been at the wrong clubs and hopefully he will fit better in to style Gomes wants us to play and we may see the player that looked so good at Vitesse.

If he is coming then surely that makes for too many numbers in an attacking central role?

Slightly concerning that we are being linked to these sort of players again rather that a striker/defender/GK but still early in the window.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 09:19

He was properly rated a few years ago as the next big thing - getting almost into last chance saloon territory for him. Big shame

But no, wouldn't really want him here at the moment - midfield really isn't the issue imo

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2019 09:46

Agree it's a puzzling one on the face of it, but if you think about it, if we sign Baker and Ejaria and offload Meyler and Edwards then we're not overloading in midfield any more than we already are.

That leaves us with Baker, Ejaria, Rinomhota, Kelly, Swift, Bacuna, Ezatolahi

Gomes plays 4-2-3-1 then we need 3 midfielders ready to go and then a back-up for each, and given Swift and Ezatolahi are injury-prone then you can see the thinking behind it

Duffy

by Duffy » 09 Jan 2019 09:48

I think it will be a good signing. He's great with both feet, would link up well with Swifty.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 10:01

Wouldn’t be overly surprised if Kelly was sent on his way somewhere if this did happen . Need to add Aluko in there as the 10 as well

Wouldn’t be against the signing, just that other areas need far more attention

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Jan 2019 10:04

genome Agree it's a puzzling one on the face of it, but if you think about it, if we sign Baker and Ejaria and offload Meyler and Edwards then we're not overloading in midfield any more than we already are.

That leaves us with Baker, Ejaria, Rinomhota, Kelly, Swift, Bacuna, Ezatolahi

Gomes plays 4-2-3-1 then we need 3 midfielders ready to go and then a back-up for each, and given Swift and Ezatolahi are injury-prone then you can see the thinking behind it

But has the quality been improved or just the number of options? Swift has been inconsistent though is probably currently getting into some form. Kelly isn't in form, Eza's a crocked loan, Bacuna is inconsistent within games. Rinomhota has been superb though.

Perhaps Baker and Ejaria bring something different that isn't at the club, something that may make the other parts work better.

Have to say that at this point these are not the sorts of signings that give much of a whelm factor. They're young and they have potential but half the Reading Academy have that plus it's an area of the pitch which is already overstocked when I think we should be looking for a left back, striker and maybe keeper as well.

If you do go after a midfielder then you want someone who is puts a tackle in, breaks up the play of opponents and drives the team forward. And the lower a team sinks then the more of those types you need.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Jan 2019 10:18

Good as he may be...

is this Stamgate all over again FFS!?

When we're crying out for a striker Stam brings in midfielder after oxf*rd midfielder.

Now one place we DON'T need bolstering is midfield. Yeah it'd be nice, as would any position, but we've already signed Ovie and we're now eyeing up another midfielder?

If we get two top strikers, a CB and a LB and a keeper then yeah sure I'd welcome anyone else.

But I'm getting exactly the same sinking feeling of doom as I did under Stam when I was expecting a striker and kept seeing rumours and bids for endless fukking midfielders.

Rant over!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Jan 2019 10:57

2 world wars, 1 world cup Good as he may be...

is this Stamgate all over again FFS!?

When we're crying out for a striker Stam brings in midfielder after oxf*rd midfielder.

Now one place we DON'T need bolstering is midfield. Yeah it'd be nice, as would any position, but we've already signed Ovie and we're now eyeing up another midfielder?

If we get two top strikers, a CB and a LB and a keeper then yeah sure I'd welcome anyone else.

But I'm getting exactly the same sinking feeling of doom as I did under Stam when I was expecting a striker and kept seeing rumours and bids for endless fukking midfielders.

Rant over!

Pop off over to social media, there are loads like you over there, it`s the bloody 9th of January for christ sakes, yes I know we can`t wait too long in our position but the foaming at the mouth at this early stage is pathetic.
I`m sure Jose knows what we need, he`s not blind.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jan 2019 11:09

Is some really thinking we are going to sign 2 top strikers in this window ?
We might need one decent attacker but get Bod fit and Meite with a run of games and I’m not sure Kane or Salah would add much

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Jan 2019 11:13

Football 2019

Lewis Baker has yet to show any signs of being decent, what motivates you if your a Chelsea academy player? Enough cash already and no chance of playing first team footy, go on loan an play but not really be arsed? That's what it looks like I'm afraid.

259 posts