RUMOUR - Lewis baker

259 posts
GazzTheSpaz

Re: RUMOUR - Lewis baker

by GazzTheSpaz » 09 Jan 2019 17:32

URZZZZ Surely that's the end of Eza? Otherwise we have 8 first team midfielders for three positions

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

Considering we're in dire need for a LB (Obita isn't good enough either), CB, two wingers and possibly a striker, I'm shocked how we're wasting two of our loans on probably our strongest position. Terrible decision, Stam all over again :roll:

Perhaps he's trying to do away with wingers and just wants a midfield 3 behind the striker? Like a tight 4-2-3-1

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Jan 2019 17:39

Judging by the replies to this on the clubs twitter page I see the fans of former Champions League semi finalists, Leeds United are still obsessed with little old Reading.

How the mighty have fallen.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Confirmed Lewis Baker on Loan

by Lower West » 09 Jan 2019 17:43

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jan 2019 17:46

Hendo
WoodleyRoyal last good loan? probably Steve Blatherwick

2 best loan signings were:

Matthew Upson
Glen Little

David Lee.

Baker was, and I'd guess still is, a player with a lot of potential.

I'm not entirely sure where he'd fit in in our side, but he can add some extra quality to replace some of the injured and lacking in form options we have at the moment.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 17:47

GazzTheSpaz
URZZZZ Surely that's the end of Eza? Otherwise we have 8 first team midfielders for three positions

Bacuna
Rinomhota
Kelly
Eza
Baker
Ejaria
Swift
Aluko

Considering we're in dire need for a LB (Obita isn't good enough either), CB, two wingers and possibly a striker, I'm shocked how we're wasting two of our loans on probably our strongest position. Terrible decision, Stam all over again :roll:

Perhaps he's trying to do away with wingers and just wants a midfield 3 behind the striker? Like a tight 4-2-3-1

Was thinking this myself. Asking a lot of Yiadom and Richards if so

Happy enough with the deal. As with everyone else didn’t think we needed another mid, but he is undoubtedly a talented lad if we can get the best from him

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confirmed Lewis Baker on Loan

by Simon's Church » 09 Jan 2019 17:59

We're gonna average 70% possession and a goal every 3 games for the rest of the season aren't we.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 Jan 2019 18:01

For a second I saw the name 'Baker' and thought it was going to be Nathan Baker - that would have been a great signing for us . . .

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 09 Jan 2019 18:05

:roll:

And so the whining starts...

Get rid of a few over the hill, cant be arsed midfielders and replace with young & hungary versions, with something to prove , and people are still not happy...

Steve Coppell always talked about the right ' DNA' in building a squad and bringing players in..the two in this week fit that mold..and wil be far more useful that whats gone. It can only be an improvement.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 09 Jan 2019 18:07

He doesn't appear to be a defensive midfielder or a striker, getting worried now

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 18:10

It could work out incredibly well - swapping Clement, Meyler and Edwards for these two chaps could be a stroke of genius

Or not

Either way, good to see the kind of quality the club are looking to sign. Just need that winger, LB, CB (if Ilori or Blackett go) and keeper now

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Jan 2019 18:11

Last couple of loans have gone badly for him. Maybe this one will go better. Very talented player, just needs the right manager to get the most out of him.

Saying that, the squad building this month makes little sense. I see how we could fit in one of the two loanees, but they seem to be very similar players. Don't understand going for both of them.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Jan 2019 18:12

Hound It could work out incredibly well - swapping Clement, Meyler and Edwards for these two chaps could be a stroke of genius

Or not

Either way, good to see the kind of quality the club are looking to sign. Just need that winger, LB, CB (if Ilori or Blackett go) and keeper now

And striker IMO

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Jan 2019 18:12

I’m guessing that he doesn’t much like the look of Bacuna or Kelly. Or both.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Jan 2019 18:20

He didn`t get much game time at Leeds, I would guess he`s been given assurances here.

PS At last someone spells confirmed correctly
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 09 Jan 2019 18:37, edited 2 times in total.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 09 Jan 2019 18:26

I remember being in this type of position before, crying out for a striker and getting Mikele Leigertwood....the rest is history

Maybe there's something we're not seeing

I'm looking forward to the Jason Roberts signing though

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Jan 2019 18:31

SCIAG Last couple of loans have gone badly for him. Maybe this one will go better. Very talented player, just needs the right manager to get the most out of him.

Saying that, the squad building this month makes little sense. I see how we could fit in one of the two loanees, but they seem to be very similar players. Don't understand going for both of them.

Just don’t understand this kind of post. One of many. Has it not occurred to anyone that the current midfield dynamos are just not very good and need a kick up the backside. Replaced with new energy, better schooling etc? Just a thought.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Jan 2019 18:33

Linden Jones' Tash I remember being in this type of position before, crying out for a striker and getting Mikele Leigertwood....the rest is history

I mean, bit different. We had a 20goal/season striker for a start. And Leigertwood addresses a position which needed filling, I’m not sure this does.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 09 Jan 2019 18:36

Hound It could work out incredibly well - swapping Clement, Meyler and Edwards for these two chaps could be a stroke of genius

Or not

With Bod injured, McNulty apparently transfer listed and Meite struggling we need another striker.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 09 Jan 2019 18:39

Would be nice to know whether we intend to/can recall Novacovic

Seems crazy to not make him our first option.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 09 Jan 2019 18:40

CountryRoyal
Linden Jones' Tash I remember being in this type of position before, crying out for a striker and getting Mikele Leigertwood....the rest is history

I mean, bit different. We had a 20goal/season striker for a start. And Leigertwood addresses a position which needed filling, I’m not sure this does.

My memory may be playing tricks on me, but I remember the Ledge signing being a bit of a strange one at the time and then all the pieces fell into place.

He gelled the midfield together and helped shore things up.

We need to be more clinical from midfield as well as from the front. IMHO

259 posts