CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 09:57

Stranded Mirror going with this again today, we are apparently "closing in". Will believe it when I see it.

Think it will finally happen now, Gomes being a fellow countryman of Oliveria will help seal it. Just hope the player comes here determined to prove himself and prove Norwich wrong for letting him go. With the right attitude I think he keeps us up.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Jan 2019 11:05

Old Man Andrews
Stranded Mirror going with this again today, we are apparently "closing in". Will believe it when I see it.

Think it will finally happen now, Gomes being a fellow countryman of Oliveria will help seal it. Just hope the player comes here determined to prove himself and prove Norwich wrong for letting him go. With the right attitude I think he keeps us up.

On balance I'd be against this deal. It would only work if he's made the main man from Day One and the team plays around him. Not sure we really need that in the long term but concede it could work in the short term.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jan 2019 11:07

Norfolk Royal
Old Man Andrews

On balance I'd be against this deal. It would only work if he's made the main man from Day One and the team plays around him. Not sure we really need that in the long term but concede it could work in the short term.

If he is better than what we have, I have no problem with that. I think he would fit with the Gomes style as well. My main concern is I think this rumour is a load of old bollocks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2019 11:35

Gomes didn't deny it in the presser, so suspect there is some interest there

Loan to the end of the season with a view to a perm would be fine by me. Hopefully would be right up for it, if not, its not real harm done

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 11:36

The interest is certainly true, you can just tell. How interested Oliveira is in a relegation battle is another story altogether.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2019 11:40

Old Man Andrews The interest is certainly true, you can just tell. How interested Oliveira is in a relegation battle is another story altogether.

better than playing in Norwich's U23 tbf

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 11:45

Pete O'Rourke reporting it as a done deal. Normally reliable.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jan 2019 12:21

Yep gaining traction all over the place - if it's true will be happy with this one assuming his attitude is right.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jan 2019 12:24

Would be delighted with this. Only need to get him firing for five months, and with Jose Gomes whispering sweet Portuguese nothings in his ear, he'll be fine.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jan 2019 12:26

Old Man Andrews Pete O'Rourke reporting it as a done deal. Normally reliable.

Strong suggestions that it is a very likely deal on what masquerades as the EP site. Though JLow reckons there's still a fair bit to be done.

Definite loan - which makes sense as Reading are not going to be able to sign players of Oliviera's quality permanently given their perilous position.

Would still leave a place for one more loan to come in. Pereira?

Still could do with some move to cover left back as well.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2019 12:27

This would be a pointless signing IMO. Bearing in mind we only have 18 games left and we play one up front and we have Bod and Meite (if he recovers) who have both done ok when fit I think it would send the wrong message to our contracted players. It would effectively say that the new manager felt they are all useless which will hardly help morale. If Oliveira flops and other strikers lose motivation we are even more likely go down.

IMO we need the midfield to step up (and there are signs they are) as that is where our problems have been.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 12:28

Sutekh
Old Man Andrews Pete O'Rourke reporting it as a done deal. Normally reliable.

Strong suggestions that it is a very likely deal on what masquerades as the EP site. Though JLow reckons there's still a fair bit to be done.

Definite loan - which makes sense as Reading are not going to be able to sign players of Oliviera's quality permanently given their perilous position.

Would still leave a place for one more loan to come in. Pereira?

Still could do with some move to cover left back as well.

Need a left back and a replacement for Ilori should he go. Can only see a keeper coming in really late on into the window if Jaakkola makes errors, Gomes seems to like him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2019 12:33

Really Blackett, Richards and Gunter should be able to cover LB. It really shouldn't be that much of a problem position

New keeper would be nice. Anssi's distribution is awful.

None of Bod, Meite or Baldock ever seem to be fully fit. Loader hasn't scored yet. Fairly low risk to sign Oliveira on loan

secks

by secks » 21 Jan 2019 12:34

andrew1957 This would be a pointless signing IMO. Bearing in mind we only have 18 games left and we play one up front and we have Bod and Meite (if he recovers) who have both done ok when fit I think it would send the wrong message to our contracted players. It would effectively say that the new manager felt they are all useless which will hardly help morale. If Oliveira flops and other strikers lose motivation we are even more likely go down.

IMO we need the midfield to step up (and there are signs they are) as that is where our problems have been.

Disagree - we need a focal point, and Oliveira is more of a natural goalscorer than Bod. This will also increase competition in an area we're quite light (I still see Meite as more of a winger)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2019 12:42

Smudger says a deal isn't imminent, so put your house on it being announced before 5pm.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 12:44

genome Smudger says a deal isn't imminent, so put your house on it being announced before 5pm.

Whilst his wi-fi is down......

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2019 12:47

Old Man Andrews
genome Smudger says a deal isn't imminent, so put your house on it being announced before 5pm.

:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2019 12:58

Old Man Andrews

In B&Q.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 Jan 2019 12:58

I love how our journalists only report about how it’s “not imminent” with any strong rumour that comes our way, no shit sherlock

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 Jan 2019 13:01

andrew1957 This would be a pointless signing IMO. Bearing in mind we only have 18 games left and we play one up front and we have Bod and Meite (if he recovers) who have both done ok when fit I think it would send the wrong message to our contracted players. It would effectively say that the new manager felt they are all useless which will hardly help morale. If Oliveira flops and other strikers lose motivation we are even more likely go down.

Sorry, but whilst most opinions are acceptable yours is just plain idiotic- you clearly haven’t watched us play under Gomes at all.

725 posts