CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by genome » 21 Jan 2019 13:09

Hound
Old Man Andrews
genome Smudger says a deal isn't imminent, so put your house on it being announced before 5pm.

Whilst his wi-fi is down......

:lol:

What's even more interesting is Courtney Friday saying it is imminent... so two journalists from the same paper are contradicting each other...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 13:10

genome
Hound
Old Man Andrews
Whilst his wi-fi is down......

:lol:

What's even more interesting is Courtney Friday saying it is imminent... so two journalists from the same paper are contradicting each other...

Yep they quite literally cannot be wrong now. Smudger will 100% miss it being announced though, picking up his daughter from ballet or something.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2019 13:18

Pete O'Rourke says he's here for a medical.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 13:19

Who Smudger?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Jan 2019 13:20

Old Man Andrews Who Smudger?

No, he's gone to PC World.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 13:22

2-4-1 deal on WiFi boosters.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2019 13:51

TiagoIlori
andrew1957 This would be a pointless signing IMO. Bearing in mind we only have 18 games left and we play one up front and we have Bod and Meite (if he recovers) who have both done ok when fit I think it would send the wrong message to our contracted players. It would effectively say that the new manager felt they are all useless which will hardly help morale. If Oliveira flops and other strikers lose motivation we are even more likely go down.

IMO we need the midfield to step up (and there are signs they are under Gomes) as that is where our problems have been.

Sorry, but whilst most opinions are acceptable yours is just plain idiotic- you clearly haven’t watched us play under Gomes at all.

Not nearly as idiotic as your user name will be if Ilori leaves next week.

Seriously I am not sure what part of what I said is "idiotic". It is generally agreed that midfield has been the cause of our problems most of this season and I referred to the fact that things were getting better under Gomes (have added those words for the hard of thinking). If the midfield creates nothing it is hard for any striker to regularly score but despite this most of our goals have come from Bodvarsson, Meite and Baldock this season.

Over the years RFC have had far more loan failures than successes and I am not a great lover of loans unless you are really stuck. We needed a player like Ejaria and we could do with a top keeper, but apart from that I would have stuck with what we had. Having said this I will be delighted if Oliveira proves me wrong and scores 10 to keep us up.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 21 Jan 2019 14:24

andrew1957
TiagoIlori
andrew1957 This would be a pointless signing IMO. Bearing in mind we only have 18 games left and we play one up front and we have Bod and Meite (if he recovers) who have both done ok when fit I think it would send the wrong message to our contracted players. It would effectively say that the new manager felt they are all useless which will hardly help morale. If Oliveira flops and other strikers lose motivation we are even more likely go down.

IMO we need the midfield to step up (and there are signs they are under Gomes) as that is where our problems have been.

Sorry, but whilst most opinions are acceptable yours is just plain idiotic- you clearly haven’t watched us play under Gomes at all.

Seriously I am not sure what part of what I said is "idiotic". It is generally agreed that midfield has been the cause of our problems most of this season and I referred to the fact that things were getting better under Gomes (have added those words for the hard of thinking). If the midfield creates nothing it is hard for any striker to regularly score but despite this most of our goals have come from Bodvarsson, Meite and Baldock this season.

Over the years RFC have had far more loan failures than successes and I am not a great lover of loans unless you are really stuck. We needed a player like Ejaria and we could do with a top keeper, but apart from that I would have stuck with what we had. Having said this I will be delighted if Oliveira proves me wrong and scores 10 to keep us up.

Because the midfield is generally playing well under Gomes, we are creating plenty of opportunities but we don’t have a forward who’s capable of leading the line consistently. Meite is not a striker, Baldock can’t play on his own and Bod is good but injury prone and can be really frustrating in front of goal(inconsistent). We have very few players that provide goals on a consistent basis, which Oliveira had a proven track record of in the championship before what we can only assume a fallout with Farke happened.

We are really stuck that’s the thing, we severely lack a striker and have done for years. I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t see that. The midfield can only do so much, if we have a striker incapable of leading the attack consistently we won’t score goals. Nor should a top keeper be priority as Jaakkola’s distribution is improving every week and he’s the best shot stopper we have.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 21 Jan 2019 14:33

andrew1957
TiagoIlori

I think its been plain to see for the past 2 seasons that we cant score goals. Without those we're going down. A decent striker is a must.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jan 2019 14:39

Pink 'un reporting Oliviera is set for a medical

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/can ... -1-5859898

If that is correct then I presume this will all be wrapped up and confirmed by end of tomorrow.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2019 14:48

TiagoIlori
andrew1957
TiagoIlori Sorry, but whilst most opinions are acceptable yours is just plain idiotic- you clearly haven’t watched us play under Gomes at all.

Because the midfield is generally playing well under Gomes, we are creating plenty of opportunities but we don’t have a forward who’s capable of leading the line consistently. Meite is not a striker, Baldock can’t play on his own and Bod is good but injury prone and can be really frustrating in front of goal(inconsistent). We have very few players that provide goals on a consistent basis, which Oliveira had a proven track record of in the championship before what we can only assume a fallout with Farke happened.

We are really stuck that’s the thing, we severely lack a striker and have done for years. I don’t know what to tell you if you don’t see that. The midfield can only do so much, if we have a striker incapable of leading the attack consistently we won’t score goals. Nor should a top keeper be priority as Jaakkola’s distribution is improving every week and he’s the best shot stopper we have.

Yes a top striker would be great BUT Oliveira scored 8 from 40 games last season and as far as I can see has yet to play this season at all. All of Baldock (5 from 21), Meite (6 from 25) and Bod (7 from 17 games) have a better scoring record this season than Oliveira did last season and it will be surprising if he is even match fit. You must know something I don't!!!
Last edited by andrew1957 on 21 Jan 2019 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Jan 2019 14:51

andrew1957
TiagoIlori
andrew1957

Yes a top striker would be great BUT Oliveira scored 8 from 40 games last season and as far as I can see has yet to play this season at all. All of Baldock (5 from 21), Meite (6 from 25) and Bod (6 from 17 games) have a better scoring record this season than Oliveira did last season and it will be surprising if he is even match fit. You must know something I don't!!!

Our strikers have poor returns because our midfield have given them poor service. As seen on Saturday we are playing in a way that means we will now get more chances to score and we need a higher quality of striker to put the chances away. Oliveira is much better than Meite and Bodvarsson.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jan 2019 14:56

andrew1957
TiagoIlori
andrew1957

Yes a top striker would be great BUT Oliveira scored 8 from 40 games last season and as far as I can see has yet to play this season at all. All of Baldock (5 from 21), Meite (6 from 25) and Bod (6 from 17 games) have a better scoring record this season than Oliveira did last season and it will be surprising if he is even match fit. You must know something I don't!!!

Weren't a fair number of those 40 apps last season actually sub apps?

Also what was Oliviera's scoring rate for the season before last?

Isn't part of the problem at Norwich actually that he and Farke don't see eye to eye over the tactics being used there now as they don't fit Oliviera's style?

Anyone able to confirm if that is reasonably accurate or whether I'm talking a load of old cordwangle?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2019 15:01

Old Man Andrews
andrew1957
TiagoIlori Because the midfield is generally playing well under Gomes, we are creating plenty of opportunities but we don’t have a forward who’s capable of leading the line consistently. Meite is not a striker, Baldock can’t play on his own and Bod is good but injury prone and can be really frustrating in front of goal(inconsistent). We have very few players that provide goals on a consistent basis, which Oliveira had a proven track record of in the championship before what we can only assume a fallout with Farke happened.

Yes a top striker would be great BUT Oliveira scored 8 from 40 games last season and as far as I can see has yet to play this season at all. All of Baldock (5 from 21), Meite (6 from 25) and Bod (7 from 17 games) have a better scoring record this season than Oliveira did last season and it will be surprising if he is even match fit. You must know something I don't!!!

Our strikers have poor returns because our midfield have given them poor service. As seen on Saturday we are playing in a way that means we will now get more chances to score and we need a higher quality of striker to put the chances away. Oliveira is much better than Meite and Bodvarsson.

As I say you must know something I don't. I see nothing in Oliveira's stats to suggest he is any better than we already have (worse record than even Baldock of whom I am not a great fan) but I hope you are right. IMO opinion Bod's record this season is outstanding. The only question mark is whether he has yet fully recovered from injury.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2019 15:07

Sutekh
andrew1957
TiagoIlori Because the midfield is generally playing well under Gomes, we are creating plenty of opportunities but we don’t have a forward who’s capable of leading the line consistently. Meite is not a striker, Baldock can’t play on his own and Bod is good but injury prone and can be really frustrating in front of goal(inconsistent). We have very few players that provide goals on a consistent basis, which Oliveira had a proven track record of in the championship before what we can only assume a fallout with Farke happened.

Isn't part of the problem at Norwich actually that he and Farke don't see eye to eye over the tactics being used there now as they don't fit Oliviera's style?

Anyone able to confirm if that is reasonably accurate or whether I'm talking a load of old cordwangle?

Oliveira had one good season (the one before last) when he scored 15 in 31 but apart from that has never topped 10 in a season.

Last season he started 29 and was sub 11.

Of our players this season Bod has only started 9 games, Baldock 15 and Meite 21. As I said all have a better record this season than Oliveira did last season. I am not sure I understand the excitement.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Jan 2019 15:10

It's based on seeing him play and him looking very decent ... unlike our current strike force or do you think our current strike force is top notch?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jan 2019 15:12

Sutekh
andrew1957

According to Transfermarkt: He was in the squad 40 times, with 37 apps for his 8 goals.

Played a total of 2,449 minutes with a goal every 306 minutes.

Similar form would see him score 5 times before the end of the season assuming he plays every minute.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2019 15:12

Royalwaster It's based on seeing him play and him looking very decent ... unlike our current strike force or do you think our current strike force is top notch?

No but I am far from sure he is an improvement on what we already have. Top strikers are few and far between.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2019 15:18

Stranded
Sutekh
andrew1957

According to Transfermarkt: He was in the squad 40 times, with 37 apps for his 8 goals.

Played a total of 2,449 minutes with a goal every 306 minutes.

Similar form would see him score 5 times before the end of the season assuming he plays every minute.

This backs up my point. If he plays all of the last 18 games and scores 5 will that be more effective than the 18 that Meite/Bod and Baldock scored between them in the first 23 games of this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jan 2019 15:20

sounds like a good chance of this happening anyway. Lots of reports of medicals etc

I quite like all of Baldock, Bod and Meite, but their seasons have been wrecked by constant minor injuries. Baldock's fitness record particularly is pathetic

725 posts