BFTG Villa

424 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Villa

by Zip » 07 Feb 2019 20:27

I think the club should be making representations to the FA.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Feb 2019 20:41

Moonfish, get the point but it is also about Mings

The man was an inch away from blinding another player through an act of sheer spite

I fully accept it wasn’t pre-meditated and a split second of madness, but it’s scandalous he hasn’t been punished when the evidence is there for all to see

Dean Smith making out Mings to be the victim should also be brought to account

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Feb 2019 07:27

URZZZZ Not sure if I'm being a bit of an idiot here but Zaha got a FURTHER one match ban following his initial ban he got from applauding the ref on Saturday. The ref clearly saw it because he sent him off. Is it a case of refs being highly overprotected by the FA or am I just being an idiot?

Think you are being an idiot I'm afraid. Refs can't issue suspensions, only dismissals. When the referee dismissed someone, it is up to the governing body to determine whether the default suspension is appropriate.

In the Mings case, the referee chose not to issue a red card, therefore the FA will usually say their hands are tied (but I think they've bent this rule on occasion)
In the Zaha case, the referee dismissed him, so by their own rules the FA are free to issue an additional suspension.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Feb 2019 07:31

Hound Tbh, with the release of that latest footage, Dean Smiths comments look rather ill advised as well.

Have the FA actually demoted the clown ref? If so, they have some questions to answer as well. The rest of his performance wasn’t so bad as to get that I didn’t think. Do the FA think he should have taken action?

Reckon this still has a way to go

He did have a poor game. I think everyone noticed how inconsistent he was between halves. In the first half he let numerous professional fouls go without cautions. Booking Oliviera for diving was a classic case of evening things out to appease Villa rather than making the right decision (haven't seen the Villa caution so can't say whether that was fair). And of course he didn't notice that he'd dropped his yellow card for about ten minutes - maybe not a sign of a bad referee but symbolically...

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Feb 2019 09:02

Where can we see this new-angle video?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2019 09:07

Snowball Where can we see this new-angle video?

Official Twitter in the Gomes interview

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Feb 2019 09:35

Hound
Snowball Where can we see this new-angle video?

Official Twitter in the Gomes interview

Thanks.

I was pretty sure before but now I'm 100% certain it was

(a) Deliberate

(b) Designed to hurt. He actually increases the force from a mere foot landing to a stamp

(c) Take a look at his face (Mings). For me there's calculation/deliberation/nastiness, no "Oh Shit" moment.

If I was Olly, I would try to bring criminal charges or sue.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Feb 2019 10:22

SCIAG
Hound Tbh, with the release of that latest footage, Dean Smiths comments look rather ill advised as well.

Have the FA actually demoted the clown ref? If so, they have some questions to answer as well. The rest of his performance wasn’t so bad as to get that I didn’t think. Do the FA think he should have taken action?

He did have a poor game. I think everyone noticed how inconsistent he was between halves. In the first half he let numerous professional fouls go without cautions. Booking Oliviera for diving was a classic case of evening things out to appease Villa rather than making the right decision (haven't seen the Villa caution so can't say whether that was fair). And of course he didn't notice that he'd dropped his yellow card for about ten minutes - maybe not a sign of a bad referee but symbolically...

+1 the Oliveria booking was a joke. It wasn't a pen as he wasn't getting anywhere near the ball, but it also wasn't a dive. He was clearly pulled to the ground. If that was booking, the ref should've booked our player (name escapes me now) who had a penalty claim in the 1st half for diving.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2019 10:29

not saying he wasn't poor - he was. But demotion level poor? Not too sure. Have seen worse performances

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Feb 2019 10:35

Hendo
SCIAG

+1 the Oliveria booking was a joke. It wasn't a pen as he wasn't getting anywhere near the ball, but it also wasn't a dive. He was clearly pulled to the ground. If that was booking, the ref should've booked our player (name escapes me now) who had a penalty claim in the 1st half for diving.

That's my pet hate with any non-penalty decision.

It doesn't matter AT ALL whether the player was going to get the ball - if it's a foul it's a foul.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Feb 2019 17:03

Hound Theres a new video at a different angle. Would pretty much challenge anyone to watch that and see he didn't know exactly what he was doing. Absolutely damning

Dean Smith obvs thinks otherwise though :lol:

Is that the one from their goal end looking back at them?

That one's certainly got me leaning more and more that way. It's longer and the reported concern Mings is supposed to have shown looks pretty contrived.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Feb 2019 17:09

Moonfish Following the comments from Oliveira and Gomes in the press conference today, and the talk from local journalists and fans on social media and indeed here, most people seem to be agreed that accident or not the real failing here is on the FA for choosing not to review the footage due to a rule that clearly needs changing if we are to support fair play in the modern game.

I echo the comments that were this incident to have occurred in a higher profile game or to a higher profile player the media would have been all over it and the FA may have been forced to take a different action. It bugs me that this is now likely to be swept under the carpet when Oliveira could have suffered a career ending injury and the next player on the receiving end of anything similar may not be so lucky.

I know a call to arms often gets ridiculed on here, but don't you think there is something we as fans could/should do to show our disappointment in the FA and to drive change in this regard?

Perhaps a peaceful protest at the Blackburn game next week when all media about this incident will no doubt have died down, just to show that we won't be ignored and the FA should listen? I'm thinking something simple like a 'Glasses Day' where fans can wear spectacles suggesting that the FA need to take a retrospective look at this incident.

Note - Any protest would not be against Mings, this is purely about the FA not reviewing the incident and failing us due to a process that desperately needs changing for the good of the game.

Thoughts?...

Anyone who feels it's worth trying to do something should contact the FA and make their feelings known (respectfully, rationally and clearly)

Protests and petitions are very easily ignored as incoherent reactionaryness. 500 letters /emails/tweets will get noticed pretty sharpish by the poor sods in their media team and actually feature in any comms stats they put together internally.

Get an MP involved and their middle management will probably piss their pants running around trying to do a response, whether it's an issue or not.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Feb 2019 18:08

Snowflake Royal
Moonfish Following the comments from Oliveira and Gomes in the press conference today, and the talk from local journalists and fans on social media and indeed here, most people seem to be agreed that accident or not the real failing here is on the FA for choosing not to review the footage due to a rule that clearly needs changing if we are to support fair play in the modern game.

I echo the comments that were this incident to have occurred in a higher profile game or to a higher profile player the media would have been all over it and the FA may have been forced to take a different action. It bugs me that this is now likely to be swept under the carpet when Oliveira could have suffered a career ending injury and the next player on the receiving end of anything similar may not be so lucky.

I know a call to arms often gets ridiculed on here, but don't you think there is something we as fans could/should do to show our disappointment in the FA and to drive change in this regard?

Perhaps a peaceful protest at the Blackburn game next week when all media about this incident will no doubt have died down, just to show that we won't be ignored and the FA should listen? I'm thinking something simple like a 'Glasses Day' where fans can wear spectacles suggesting that the FA need to take a retrospective look at this incident.

Note - Any protest would not be against Mings, this is purely about the FA not reviewing the incident and failing us due to a process that desperately needs changing for the good of the game.

Thoughts?...

Anyone who feels it's worth trying
to do something should contact the FA and make their feelings known (respectfully, rationally and clearly)

Protests and petitions are very easily ignored as incoherent reactionaryness. 500 letters /emails/tweets will get noticed pretty sharpish by the poor sods in their media team and actually feature in any comms stats they put together internally.

Get an MP involved and their middle management will probably piss their pants running around trying to do a response, whether it's an issue or not.

Shame Martin Salter is no longer an MP.
John Haworth MEP used to be a STH but don’t think he still attends and not sure raising it in Brussels would help.
Don’t think either current Reading MP has any interest in the club.
Damien Green is a Royals fan I believe but suspect he prefers keeping a low profile these days.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 08 Feb 2019 18:21

Hope Sheff Utd CRUSH Villa tonight. Every RFC fan I have spoken to now HATE Villa with a passion.
Come on SHEFF UTD. SMASH them.

biff

by biff » 08 Feb 2019 21:17

+1. utterpcunts.

Jinx

by Jinx » 08 Feb 2019 21:19

The poor old Villa fans are whingeing and moaning about the ref. Such a shame

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Feb 2019 21:29

Great viewing and a disputed goal to boot, lovely stuff. can`t wait for Dean Smith interview after this.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2019 21:34

Loving that second goal. Shame the ref didn’t see it :)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Feb 2019 21:45

Dickhead who shouldn't be on the pitch scores for Villa.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 08 Feb 2019 22:02

Mings has just scored as Villa come back from 3-0 down to draw in the last 10 minutes. Are we in hell? Will the misery ever end?

424 posts