CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

725 posts
The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: CONFIMRED - Nelson Oliveira

by The Royal Forester » 30 Jan 2019 09:52

NewCorkSeth How many Reading players have scored a penalty on their debut? I know ALF scored a penalty on his premier league debut but that doesn't count.

I think Jason Roberts may have scored one, from a rebound off the keeper. Does this count?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jan 2019 09:57

CountryRoyal Picked up a muscle injury. Lolz.

He was apparently complaining of some soreness so Gomes took him off, he's hopeful he will be ready for Saturday. The guy hadn't played a minute all season, surprised he played as long as he did.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2019 10:00

genome

He was apparently complaining of some soreness so Gomes took him off, he's hopeful he will be ready for Saturday. The guy hadn't played a minute all season, surprised he played as long as he did.

He simply has to play Saturday, even if it is for 55 minutes. He is the real deal.

lewesroyal

Re: RUMOUR - Nelson Oliveira

by lewesroyal » 30 Jan 2019 10:19

Nameless
lewesroyal
Old Man Andrews
Nobody has mentioned that though. I was referring to actual goal kicks that are taken once the ball goes out of play.

Ah fair enough then. I mis-read the point. The ball is dead at that point though so additional time "should" be added by the officials to compensate

The point is that the 6 seconds applies to the time the keeper can hold the ball before releasing it, so most of your point is irrelevant ! Keepers often hold it for longer than that and are not penalised but frankly I reckon there are dozens of things much more significant than this that should be looked at.

Eh?!? You're also missing the point. For a goal kick after the ball has gone beyond the goal line the ball isn't in the 'keeper's hands. I agree that in live play this could be better regulated, along with creeping at throw-ins, foul throws, playing a moving ball at free kicks, not taking kicks from the point of an offence, shirt pulling, abuse of the officials, claiming a throw when you've been the last to play the ball, diving etc. etc.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2019 10:25

Old Man Andrews
genome

He simply has to play Saturday, even if it is for 55 minutes. He is the real deal.

Yep agreed. Take a few paracetamol and hope for the best

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2019 11:28

The Royal Forester
NewCorkSeth How many Reading players have scored a penalty on their debut? I know ALF scored a penalty on his premier league debut but that doesn't count.

I think Jason Roberts may have scored one, from a rebound off the keeper. Does this count?

Surely not?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2019 11:38

A loan player picking up an early injury? who would have thought it? file under Elphick and Eza. slight muscle pull will probably keep him out for another 6 weeks.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jan 2019 12:51

lewesroyal
Nameless
lewesroyal Ah fair enough then. I mis-read the point. The ball is dead at that point though so additional time "should" be added by the officials to compensate

The point is that the 6 seconds applies to the time the keeper can hold the ball before releasing it, so most of your point is irrelevant ! Keepers often hold it for longer than that and are not penalised but frankly I reckon there are dozens of things much more significant than this that should be looked at.

Eh?!? You're also missing the point. For a goal kick after the ball has gone beyond the goal line the ball isn't in the 'keeper's hands. I agree that in live play this could be better regulated, along with creeping at throw-ins, foul throws, playing a moving ball at free kicks, not taking kicks from the point of an offence, shirt pulling, abuse of the officials, claiming a throw when you've been the last to play the ball, diving etc. etc.

I think OMA’s original post clearly refers to the situation when the keeper has the ball in his hands. He then changes his mind on what he is upset about ! No wonder there is confusion.
The 6 seconds has nothing to do with a goal kick, it only relates to ball in hand. Most of your ur original point is still irrelevant but I think we can blame OMA for really having a clue what he was on about !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2019 13:42

Nameless
lewesroyal
Nameless

I think OMA’s original post clearly refers to the situation when the keeper has the ball in his hands. He then changes his mind on what he is upset about ! No wonder there is confusion.
The 6 seconds has nothing to do with a goal kick, it only relates to ball in hand. Most of your ur original point is still irrelevant but I think we can blame OMA for really having a clue what he was on about !

Actually said the 6 second rule should apply to both goal kicks and releasing the ball from the goalkeepers hands. If you weren't so dense you'd understand that. You are entirely wrong and now look like an idiot.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jan 2019 13:56

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
lewesroyal Eh?!? You're also missing the point. For a goal kick after the ball has gone beyond the goal line the ball isn't in the 'keeper's hands. I agree that in live play this could be better regulated, along with creeping at throw-ins, foul throws, playing a moving ball at free kicks, not taking kicks from the point of an offence, shirt pulling, abuse of the officials, claiming a throw when you've been the last to play the ball, diving etc. etc.

Actually said the 6 second rule should apply to both goal kicks and releasing the ball from the goalkeepers hands. If you weren't so dense you'd understand that. You are entirely wrong and now look like an idiot.

You’re right !
I didn’t read your op properly.
Although it’s a daft idea unless you apply the rule to all deadball situations which would be ridiculous. Plenty of other real issues to sort out in the game before making it more complicated to solve a non problem.....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2019 14:02

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Nameless

You’re right !
I didn’t read your op properly.
Although it’s a daft idea unless you apply the rule to all deadball situations which would be ridiculous. Plenty of other real issues to sort out in the game before making it more complicated to solve a non problem.....

Yeah agreed. The biggest issue I currently have is with our team having absolutely no guts or backbone. Not sure the FA can help us on that though.

Canary_Yellow

by Canary_Yellow » 31 Jan 2019 17:35

Canary here, how did Nelson do the other night?

No doubting his talent, his attitude hasn’t always been as good though. Fell out with our manager and there was no coming back from that. He just doesn’t fit in with our current system; doesn’t work hard enough for the team.

Hopefully he does the business for you and gets you up the league. If he feels loved, he’ll do well.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 13 Feb 2019 22:29

Still can’t believe people thought we didn’t need him, he’s heads and shoulders above this team.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Feb 2019 22:38

Both him and Martinez look a different class to the rest of this shit show.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 13 Feb 2019 22:42

TiagoIlori Still can’t believe people thought we didn’t need him, he’s heads and shoulders above this team.

Yep - he brings a completely different skillset / threat to anything we have had in recent years. Intelligent enough to make space, and not afraid to shoot. He will miss a lot of chances, but mostly ones that other strikers wouldn't have made in the first place

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2019 22:45

Jagermesiter1871 Both him and Martinez look a different class to the rest of this shit show.

I’d add Miazga to that.

Nelson clearly has a shit load of quality. Not seen the like here for years.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Feb 2019 23:29

Hound
Jagermesiter1871 Both him and Martinez look a different class to the rest of this shit show.

I’d add Miazga to that.

We'd be nowhere near the bottom if we'd had them all season.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Feb 2019 23:32

Hound

I’d add Miazga to that.

+1

These 3 look like proper Championship players.

We had forgotten what that looked like.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Feb 2019 23:35

[list=][/list]
Brain Traysers
TiagoIlori Still can’t believe people thought we didn’t need him, he’s heads and shoulders above this team.

Yep - he brings a completely different skillset / threat to anything we have had in recent years. Intelligent enough to make space, and not afraid to shoot. He will miss a lot of chances, but mostly ones that other strikers wouldn't have made in the first place

Basically he's an actual striker. Unlike Meite.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 13 Feb 2019 23:41

Hound

I’d add Miazga to that.

Not quite at the same level just yet, but Martinez/Miazga might just be the best defensive loan duo since Hahnemann/Upson back in 2002. 4 games, 2 clean sheets, only 2 conceded in total and most importantly, unbeaten.

725 posts