MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

298 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by Brian McDermott

by windermereROYAL » 12 Mar 2019 22:20

Hound
Oh and managed to be sandwiched between Leeds fans in the ED, one of whom particularly was a complete tw@

There were plenty of empty seats

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2019 22:21

Pepe the Horseman Leeds have been good, but getting a bit bored of the commentators gushing over every little thing they do, and the disappointment in their voices when something doesn't come off.

They excelled themselves when they started moaning about the low attendance. The effing arrogance of Sky, not acknowledging the effect that they are having on attendances! :twisted:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2019 22:22

Hound Was a struggle that

2 brilliant finishes and it’s game over. We looked like a side missing the players we were. Blunt up front, the U23s look like boys and too many errors at the back. Swift was useless esp in the 1st

Played ok at times but big gulf in class tbh

Oh and managed to be sandwiched between Leeds fans in the ED, one of whom particularly was a complete tw@

Only one? :shock: Are you sure the others were Leeds fans?

JR

by JR » 12 Mar 2019 22:22

Old Man Andrews
JR
Jagermesiter1871
I assume they're all minus scores, and rightfully so.

This is the sort of comment that makes me really angry.

We are playing a team likely to get promoted who have shown very clinical finishing.

We are massively under strength and battling relegation.

The first 10-13 minutes we dominated and looked very promising.

We are not playing very well, but If you’re not going to be supportive to the team or realistic then find somewhere else to vent such claptrap.

That's right lads you can't say anything negative about the team because JR says so. Don't dare tell the truth about how utterly spineless we have been because it will hurt JR's feelings.

Well that’s a massively mature and constructive response.

If you want I’ll tell you how lightweight and useless Swift was tonight and how I’m disappointed we invited unnecessary pressure on in the first half through our distribution at the back.

But don’t slag me off for criticising a poster who claims that every player should have negative points.

I actually valued your opinion on this board previously.

JR

by JR » 12 Mar 2019 22:24

Snowflake Royal Swift plays like he's in a school playground showing off against 10 year olds, not against a quality physical side.

Agreed, his demeanour and even his physical look is just laxidasical

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 12 Mar 2019 22:26

RoyalBlue
Pepe the Horseman Leeds have been good, but getting a bit bored of the commentators gushing over every little thing they do, and the disappointment in their voices when something doesn't come off.

They excelled themselves when they started moaning about the low attendance. The effing arrogance of Sky, not acknowledging the effect that they are having on attendances! :twisted:

It was our second highest attendance of the season, and given it was live on SkySPortAction and the weather was shite, I'd say it wasn't a bad turnout considering. Our average now is only 14559.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Mar 2019 22:26

RoyalBlue
Hound Was a struggle that

2 brilliant finishes and it’s game over. We looked like a side missing the players we were. Blunt up front, the U23s look like boys and too many errors at the back. Swift was useless esp in the 1st

Played ok at times but big gulf in class tbh

Only one? :shock: Are you sure the others were Leeds fans?

:D

I’m talking in relative terms...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Mar 2019 22:27

Positives:

other results went perfectly

Yiadom was stand out good. Played very well

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 12 Mar 2019 22:29

Had Oliveira not been crocked, that score could have been a lot closer. Wasted several good chances with poor finishing and also created numerous good opportunities/openings only for a final ball to screw them up. Baldock would also have helped in that respect.

Disappointed by the result but thought the performance was pretty good, particularly given the way we were down to the bare bones in terms of fit players.

And for all the Swift critics, try watching the game again with your blinkers off. He battled away, got stuck in far more than he used to and made several good challenges to either hold up their moves or break them down. Very unfair to criticise any of our players for not getting stuck in tonight. Gomes really has got them up for the battle and has kept them up, regardless of set backs.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 22:34

JR
Old Man Andrews
JR

We are playing a team likely to get promoted who have shown very clinical finishing.

We are not playing very well, but If you’re not going to be supportive to the team or realistic then find somewhere else to vent such claptrap.

That's right lads you can't say anything negative about the team because JR says so. Don't dare tell the truth about how utterly spineless we have been because it will hurt JR's feelings.

If you want I’ll tell you how lightweight and useless Swift was tonight and how I’m disappointed we invited unnecessary pressure on in the first half through our distribution at the back.

But don’t slag me off for criticising a poster who claims that every player should have negative points.

If we are 3-0 down at home you have to expect that reaction on here though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Mar 2019 22:35

What is a concern is all we have is Meite and Loader to lead the line, doesn`t fill you with confidence does it?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Mar 2019 22:43

RichTea94

Hopefully they'll embarrass themselves next season like media darlings Fulham did.

My favourite part was when one of the commentators joined in with a Leeds chant. :lol: You couldn't write it.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Mar 2019 22:46

JR
Old Man Andrews
JR

It was a joke. Jee tough crowd.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Mar 2019 22:46

RoyalBlue Had Oliveira not been crocked, that score could have been a lot closer. Wasted several good chances with poor finishing and also created numerous good opportunities/openings only for a final ball to screw them up. Baldock would also have helped in that respect.

Disappointed by the result but thought the performance was pretty good, particularly given the way we were down to the bare bones in terms of fit players.

And for all the Swift critics, try watching the game again with your blinkers off. He battled away, got stuck in far more than he used to and made several good challenges to either hold up their moves or break them down. Very unfair to criticise any of our players for not getting stuck in tonight. Gomes really has got them up for the battle and has kept them up, regardless of set backs.

Criticism of Swift is more being pushed off the ball easily time and again and abysmal set pieces than not challenging.

Went over like blow up ten pin in a stiff breeze for their first.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Mar 2019 22:48

windermereROYAL What is a concern is all we have is Meite and Loader to lead the line, doesn`t fill you with confidence does it?

Meite would be a big improvement on Loader. When we have Barrow, Meite, McCleary and Harriott all available, how Loader starts upfront I have no idea.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Mar 2019 22:49

I will never get over how easy it is to wind up Leeds fans. Never.

The most insecure fanbase in the country.

JR

by JR » 12 Mar 2019 22:56

Old Man Andrews
JR
Old Man Andrews That's right lads you can't say anything negative about the team because JR says so. Don't dare tell the truth about how utterly spineless we have been because it will hurt JR's feelings.

If we are 3-0 down at home you have to expect that reaction on here though.

To a certain extent maybe. What annoyed me more was the chat outside the stadium on the walk to the bus.

“Worst I’ve ever seen us play”, “how dreadful are we”.....etc.....wish people like that would get some context in their lives.

I still had a great night out - had a few beers, caught up with mates, got excited a few times and we got the same amount of points that I expected.

Apart from it being bloody freezing, still a decent night out.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 12 Mar 2019 22:57

RoyalBlue

It's the same on this forum. Far more people discuss matches which are televised!

JR

by JR » 12 Mar 2019 22:59

Jagermesiter1871
RichTea94

Hopefully they'll embarrass themselves next season like media darlings Fulham did.

My favourite part was when one of the commentators joined in with a Leeds chant. :lol: You couldn't write it.

I reckon they’ll do well in the Prem. Can see Bielsa sticking with the majority of the side that get them up rather than making the wholesale changes Fulham did.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 12 Mar 2019 23:29

genome I will never get over how easy it is to wind up Leeds fans. Never.

The most insecure fanbase in the country.

They'll be unbearable in the Premier League. At least we won't have to see them for a while.

298 posts