PoTS

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: PoTS

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2019 15:10

I prefer Miazga to Martinez... Martinez has pulled off some great saves, but also cost us more than one clear goal. I can't recall any clear cut errors from Miazga that resulted in a goal.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2019 15:20

Snowflake Royal I prefer Miazga to Martinez... Martinez has pulled off some great saves, but also cost us more than one clear goal. I can't recall any clear cut errors from Miazga that resulted in a goal.

Because Martinez hasn't saved any certain goals.......

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Mar 2019 15:21

Sutekh That time of year again and I've seen it mentioned on the injury thread so thought I'd separate it onto it's own thread so we all know where it is 8)

Can't really see beyond the three names below myself

1. Yiadom
  2. Rino
  3. Meite

Can/could we include the loanees though?

No poll? Are you some kind of sicko?

Yiadom is the correct answer btw.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Mar 2019 15:24

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal I prefer Miazga to Martinez... Martinez has pulled off some great saves, but also cost us more than one clear goal. I can't recall any clear cut errors from Miazga that resulted in a goal.

This.

Has Martinez cost us any goals which have directly resulted in points lost?

Wigan - we won
Sheffield Utd - we were never really going to win that anyway

Can't think of many more.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Mar 2019 15:30

Elm Park Kid This award has pretty much descended into: "Who has played a reasonable number of games and not been awful."

On that basis I guess Yiadom; hasn't done a lot wrong, hasn't added much to our attack though.

I can see why giving it to Rinomhota would be a bit more meaningful; recognise a young player who has done well given the circumstances.

Martinez has been our most important player of the season though . . .

Apart from, as previously mentioned, being our leading assist maker.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Mar 2019 16:05

Hendo
Old Man Andrews

This.

Wigan - we won

Nope, he should have done better against Blackburn but again we won anyway. I still think he was beaten at his near post too easily against Leeds for their second but we lost 3-0 anyway. Only thing you can say is it may hamper the goal difference but he's made many a good save to cancel out the few dodgy ones anyway

I agree that Miazga should get it over Martinez, he's been Mr Reliable at the back and as said I can't remember any mistake from him which has led to a goal

But they've been two excellent players in their brief stint here, two very smart signings

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Mar 2019 16:14

Will we be doing a HobNob member of the season? I seem to remember it happening in previous seasons

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2019 16:16

John Smith Will we be doing a HobNob member of the season? I seem to remember it happening in previous seasons

It won't be URZZZ.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Mar 2019 16:17

URZZZZ
Hendo
Old Man Andrews

This.

Wigan - we won

Nope, he should have done better against Blackburn but again we won anyway. I still think he was beaten at his near post too easily against Leeds for their second but we lost 3-0 anyway. Only thing you can say is it may hamper the goal difference but he's made many a good save to cancel out the few dodgy ones anyway

I agree that Miazga should get it over Martinez, he's been Mr Reliable at the back and as said I can't remember any mistake from him which has led to a goal

But they've been two excellent players in their brief stint here, two very smart signings

Yet again you're completely wrong. Congrats on keeping the streak going.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Mar 2019 16:18

John Smith Will we be doing a HobNob member of the season? I seem to remember it happening in previous seasons

I vote for me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2019 17:06

Old Man Andrews

Reading comprehension not your thing?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Mar 2019 17:12

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

I think it was more pointing out he has saved us more goals than cost us so the point is moot.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Mar 2019 17:18

Old Man Andrews

It won't be URZZZ.

Oh 100% no

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Mar 2019 17:27

John Smith
Old Man Andrews

It won't be URZZZ.

Oh 100% no

I'm sorry I can't bow to your superior knowledge, but you have to remember not everyone is as intelligent as you two fine posters

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Mar 2019 18:08

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

I think it was more pointing out he has saved us more goals than cost us so the point is moot.

I didn't say he hadn't.

Good player who has cost us a couple of silly goals in otherwise very good performances < good player who hasn't cost us silly goals in otherwise very good performances

IMO.

I didn't think it was a particularly controversial or difficult point of view to follow. You prefer Martinez. That's nice.

biff

by biff » 22 Mar 2019 18:56

Martinez is shoo-in. If Rinomhota can come back and hit the ground running he might steal it back, but Martinez is so comfortably head and shoulders above the rest of our team

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Mar 2019 19:47

Is everyone here very stoned? Martinez is not player of the season.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Mar 2019 19:57

Every goalkeeper who gets a decent run should save more than they concede. I think Jonathan Bond might have been an exception to that under Clarke but it's not a high bar.

Answering the question - Yiadom, Bodvarsson, Rinomhota for me. But we've had so much squad rotation that it's very difficult to pick anyone.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Mar 2019 20:02

Elm Park Kid This award has pretty much descended into: "Who has played a reasonable number of games and not been awful."

On that basis I guess Yiadom; hasn't done a lot wrong, hasn't added much to our attack though.

I can see why giving it to Rinomhota would be a bit more meaningful; recognise a young player who has done well given the circumstances.

Martinez has been our most important player of the season though . . .

Let's be honest....the only person that deserves the award is the one player who crops up in the 92nd minute of the last game and keeps us up.....or a player that stands up from now til the end and gets us out of this mess. Its all premature at this stage.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Mar 2019 21:01

If anyone is interested.....there's a chance to grab your POTS red nose day training session worn shirt on eBay currently. Oliviera is currently at 405 quid......Moore's is 357.... :shock: