Who goes in January?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Who goes in January?

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2019 17:23

John Smith
Snowflake Royal Ok, so not sure whose contract is up which obviously plays a huge role. I doubt we can...

You basically said we should sell the whole squad in that post. Which we should.

No. No, I definitely didn't.

Yiadom, Rinomhota, McIntyre, Osho, Holmes, Obita, East, McCleary, Harriott, Meite, Novakovich, Loader, Richards, Southward(?)

Plus loads only if we get millions offered, or someone else stays / loanee is made perm.

And a bunch who are out of contract, we're not selling them are we.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2019 17:25

Nameless Can’t see why we would give away players on the cheap and rip holes in the squad.
I hope whoever makes the decisions does with a view to building a competitive squad rather than just random guesses.
If we give Moore, Swift and Barrow away for less than £8 million we would deserve to get relegated next season.
£500kfor McNulty given he is now a full international and scoring goals is just crazy.
Without full
Knowledge of the FFP situation it’s next to impossible to know what our strategy will be although Gomes clearly believes the work done in January plus staying up means he will have scope to build his squad in the summer.

I admit I may not be on point with the values being competitive.

But none of our players are really that good. If they were we wouldn't have been fighting relegation for two seasons. £8m for Moore or whatever it was was insane to turn down. A year older and continuing to underperform and I can't see anyone valuing him at close to that again.

Plus of course if you sell two the value of retaining the others goes up.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2019 17:38

Don't know if any ones asked yet but can Old Man Andrews go in January?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Apr 2019 17:43

Snowflake Royal
Nameless Can’t see why we would give away players on the cheap and rip holes in the squad.
I hope whoever makes the decisions does with a view to building a competitive squad rather than just random guesses.
If we give Moore, Swift and Barrow away for less than £8 million we would deserve to get relegated next season.
£500kfor McNulty given he is now a full international and scoring goals is just crazy.
Without full
Knowledge of the FFP situation it’s next to impossible to know what our strategy will be although Gomes clearly believes the work done in January plus staying up means he will have scope to build his squad in the summer.

But none of our players are really that good. If they were we wouldn't have been fighting relegation for two seasons. £8m for Moore or whatever it was was insane to turn down. A year older and continuing to underperform and I can't see anyone valuing him at close to that again.

Moore is 26, his value won’t have dropped because he’s Not 25 !
There’s a huge difference in us turning down £10 million and being willing to accept £3 million. The two numbers are equally crazy !
As for under performing , I think he’s shown much more of his true ability now he has a regular partner who he isn’t constantly covering for and a keeper he can rely on.
As long as we aren’t putting up the ‘everything must go’ signs why would we value him so low ? What other people might value him at isn’t really important if we don’t need, and want, to sell him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2019 17:46

Fine add 2-3 to Moore and 1 to the rest. I think we could find adequate replacements for the inconsistent ones for significantly less

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 04 Apr 2019 17:54

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Without full

Moore is 26, his value won’t have dropped because he’s Not 25 !
There’s a huge difference in us turning down £10 million and being willing to accept £3 million. The two numbers are equally crazy !
As for under performing , I think he’s shown much more of his true ability now he has a regular partner who he isn’t constantly covering for and a keeper he can rely on.
As long as we aren’t putting up the ‘everything must go’ signs why would we value him so low ?
What other people might value him at isn’t really important if we don’t need, and want, to sell him.

I'd say it is, because everyone has a price. As Lower West said, basically everyone is in the shop window and 'for sale'.
We didn't 'want' to sell Moore last year, but by all accounts we seriously considered it, because of what we were offered. Plus, Moore had wanted to play in PL.
That said, we likely should have cashed in last year, so maybe less prudent now. Tho he's on higher wages now, too.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Apr 2019 10:13

Every player has a price but there are a core of First team regulars I would like to see us hold on to.

Yiadom
Obita
Moore
Blackett
Swift
Rinomhota
Novakovich
Meite
Barrow

along with our Academy graduates.

I would love us to renegotiate deals for Martinez, Miazga, Baker, Ejaria, Olivieria and Ezatolahi. Martinez is unlikely but I reckon we could be in with a shout of signing Oliviera, Ezatolahi and Miazga permenantly, finances permitting.

Leaving the ooc players aside, there are a few we absolutely have to move on eg Meyler, Aluko, Kelly and the rest we should really be open to offers.

As for what we need, the spine of the team really, GK, CB, CM, ST

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Apr 2019 10:19

From Despair To Where? Every player has a price but there are a core of First team regulars I would like to see us hold on to.

Yiadom
Obita
Moore
Blackett
Swift
Rinomhota
Novakovich
Meite
Barrow

along with our Academy graduates.

I would love us to renegotiate deals for Martinez, Miazga, Baker, Ejaria, Olivieria and Ezatolahi. Martinez is unlikely but I reckon we could be in with a shout of signing Oliviera, Ezatolahi and Miazga permenantly, finances permitting.

Leaving the ooc players aside, there are a few we absolutely have to move on eg Meyler, Aluko, Kelly and the rest we should really be open to offers.

As for what we need, the spine of the team really, GK, CB, CM, ST

I am in complete agreement with this. I wouldn't be too disappointed if we got a reasonable fee for Blackett but I am with you all the way babe. All the way.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Apr 2019 12:30

Its a really big job reducing the squad size in the summer, as assume all the loans out will return, was it only Edwards we actually sold in Jan?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Apr 2019 13:26

Didn't Gomes say yesterday that we may have to give players away to get them off the wage bill (meyler, baldock spring to mind)

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Apr 2019 13:44

Jagermesiter1871 Don't know if any ones asked yet but can Old Man Andrews go in January?

+999999999999999999.03

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2019 14:45

3points Didn't Gomes say yesterday that we may have to give players away to get them off the wage bill (meyler, baldock spring to mind)

yes undoubtedly. I'm sure we'll be doing our best to get rid of 4-5 who are still under contract, fee or not

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Apr 2019 22:47

Hound
3points Didn't Gomes say yesterday that we may have to give players away to get them off the wage bill (meyler, baldock spring to mind)

yes undoubtedly. I'm sure we'll be doing our best to get rid of 4-5 who are still under contract, fee or not

Ideally double that. Although with some money coming in.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2019 22:50

could our moderators do the same here ?.