MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (a) sponsored by James Harper

376 posts
JC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Norwich City (a) sponsored by James Harper

by JC » 11 Apr 2019 01:41

windermereROYAL Had to laugh at the audible groan from the crowd when the equaliser went in. with the GD we are in effect 3 points clear of Rotherham.

That is not right. If they win their next game and we lose we would be 1 point behind them so we are not effectively 3 points ahead.
I always think of a superior goal difference as worth a half point so it only comes into play if the points are level

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Apr 2019 02:56

Strange stat - we haven't won back to back games all season, yet we've only lost back to back games once since October - and we had 10 men for 80 minutes in that one

Also we've lost 23 points from winning positions, compared to just picking up a meagre 8 points from losing positions. If we could sort out holding onto a lead, we'd be looking at a much better position

Compare to Leeds who have lost 0 points from winning positions

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Apr 2019 03:14

Anyone who calls that out as spineless is a cretin of the highest order who doesn't understand football.

Just because a commentator says it's a free header doesn't mean it is. Yes, he's initially free, but they're not man marking at the corner, they're covering zones and there are Reading players challenging for the ball, they're just beaten by a good ball and a well timed attack of it. There's literally a Reading player jumping in physical contact with the guy as he heads the ball in.

Can't do anything about a wonder strike like the first. Except smash in one of your own to get a 97th minute equaliser of course

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Apr 2019 07:11

leon Meite confuses me. For a player that doesn’t seem like he has any real footballing talent he seems to score quite lovely goals.

That's probably because he does have footballing talent. As I've said before, he has all the attributes. it's about us and him unlocking it.

That's why Clement, Mr Dai and now Gomes have stuck with him.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Apr 2019 07:12

Norwich looked a really good team last night. It really could / should have been the absolute drubbing we were all expecting.

I’ll take a battling point against the top team away all day long but let’s not kid ourselves about just how big the gulf between the teams was.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Apr 2019 07:33

Rinomhota's interview is a real joy to behold. Absolute proto-legend

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Apr 2019 07:40

Snowflake Royal Rinomhota's interview is a real joy to behold. Absolute proto-legend

Just watched it and agree completely. I said on here last week if we teach him to shoot we have a real player on our hands. Well he can shoot it seems.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Apr 2019 07:41

sandman
leon Meite confuses me. For a player that doesn’t seem like he has any real footballing talent he seems to score quite lovely goals.

That's probably because he does have footballing talent. As I've said before, he has all the attributes. it's about us and him unlocking it.

That's why Clement, Mr Dai and now Gomes have stuck with him.

Yeah I agree. I think hes got talent and all the physical attributes but his decision making can let him down. That'll come with experience I hope.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Apr 2019 08:11

Royal Rother Norwich looked a really good team last night. It really could / should have been the absolute drubbing we were all expecting.

I’ll take a battling point against the top team away all day long but let’s not kid ourselves about just how big the gulf between the teams was.

You didn’t need to write all that, you only need to look at league table to see it ain’t rocket science but hey don’t let a point ruin a must needed negative post.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Apr 2019 08:13

paultheroyal
Royal Rother Norwich looked a really good team last night. It really could / should have been the absolute drubbing we were all expecting.

You didn’t need to write all that, you only need to look at league table to see it ain’t rocket science but hey don’t let a point ruin a must needed negative post.

His post is entirely accurate.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Apr 2019 08:14

Old Man Andrews
paultheroyal

His post is entirely obvious.

Agreed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Apr 2019 09:15

sandman
AthleticoSpizz
sandman Williams babbling on about Norwich having a stonewall penalty not given. They did and so did Reading.
yes, and?

And.

He's a twat.
righto

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Apr 2019 09:21

and just lol at the Narge celebrations.

Well done lads.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Apr 2019 12:12

I have to say.....at 2-1 when most of us had gone into major grumpiness, Gomes "albeit late in the day"....bought on Loader and Baldock to play as high as possible, and pushed Norwich deep right back into their own area, which created a bit of space for the Rhino effort. It was great move.......

Which brings me onto my main gripe about modern football........Why are subs never ready to come on when they are needed urgently. They never have their shirt on, socks done up, boots on....Its just as well there was so much injury time, because I swear they lost a couple of minutes just getting ready when we needed them on asap.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Apr 2019 12:15

Ascotexgunner I have to say.....at 2-1 when most of us had gone into major grumpiness, Gomes "albeit late in the day"....bought on Loader and Baldock to play as high as possible, and pushed Norwich deep right back into their own area, which created a bit of space for the Rhino effort. It was great move.......

Which brings me onto my main gripe about modern football........Why are subs never ready to come on when they are needed urgently. They never have their shirt on, socks done up, boots on....Its just as well there was so much injury time, because I swear they lost a couple of minutes just getting ready when we needed them on asap.

I didn`t actually watch it, why was there so much added on time?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 11 Apr 2019 12:17

windermereROYAL
Ascotexgunner I have to say.....at 2-1 when most of us had gone into major grumpiness, Gomes "albeit late in the day"....bought on Loader and Baldock to play as high as possible, and pushed Norwich deep right back into their own area, which created a bit of space for the Rhino effort. It was great move.......

2 or 3 minutes were down to Moore dislocating his Shoulder I think. Someone else also sat down for a bit but cant remember who.The rest was just minor time wasting.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Apr 2019 12:18

Mainly Moore’s injury.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Apr 2019 12:19

windermereROYAL

Moore's injury (just before they scored), where he had a shoulder issue.......Probably Martinez wasting quite a bit of time as well.
Other than that.......it seemed quite generous.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Apr 2019 12:21

So our time wasting worked. because Norwich were winning at the end of normal time you have to wonder why the ref added that much?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 11 Apr 2019 12:24

windermereROYAL So our time wasting worked. because Norwich were winning at the end of normal time you have to wonder why the ref added that much?

Martinez was flirting with a red. He was booked for time wasting and persisted to do it.
It worked in our favour in the end.
Pooh Key also had a problem which he appeared to run off but Moores was more serious. Quite a bit of time lost there.

376 posts