The Forest is Green!

174 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The Forest is Green!

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 13:31

Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews
Victor Meldrew Regardless of whether this is in the right forum it is quite some fairy tale.
Clubs like Hereford, Yeovil, Burton,Maidstone and now possibly Solihull Moors have overachieved over the years and I suspect it could eventually all end in tears but in no way do I begrudge them their moment in the sun.

How is throwing millions and millions of pounds at a club in order to get in the football league a fairytale? It is just inevitable. The money will run out quite soon though.

Do you have full details of the club's finances?
They certainly haven't spent a fortune on transfer fees.

Good god, have a day off Vic. Chairman has bankrolled the whole thing. Rich clubs get promoted from the National League who can pay big wages, there are no fairytales anymore.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Apr 2019 13:42

Old Man Andrews
Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews
How is throwing millions and millions of pounds at a club in order to get in the football league a fairytale? It is just inevitable. The money will run out quite soon though.

Good god, have a day off Vic. Chairman has bankrolled the whole thing. Rich clubs get promoted from the National League who can pay big wages, there are no fairytales anymore.

You are the one having a go at the poster who is celebrating.
From what I know about Forest Green, the owner has spent money on the infrastructure and in creating a "green" club which is surely a good thing?.

I don't know for certain (and nor do you) but I suspect that excessive wages have not been paid and they definitely haven't paid out a fortune on transfer fees.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 13:57

Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews
Victor Meldrew

From what I know about Forest Green, the owner has spent money on the infrastructure and in creating a "green" club which is surely a good thing?.

I don't know for certain (and nor do you) but I suspect that excessive wages have not been paid and they definitely haven't paid out a fortune on transfer fees.

I know for certain what wages and wage budget and caps they are on and it isn't alot at all trust me.

I reckon even a rfc under 21 player gets paid more then the majority of them.

In fact the keeper who was utter shite they had last season from chelsea (young blonde lad name escapes me) was getting paid 90k by Chelsea at 21.......

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 13:59

The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews Good god, have a day off Vic. Chairman has bankrolled the whole thing. Rich clubs get promoted from the National League who can pay big wages, there are no fairytales anymore.

I know for certain what wages and wage budget and caps they are on and it isn't alot at all trust me.

In fact the keeper who was utter shite they had last season from chelsea (young blonde lad name escapes me) was getting paid 90k by Chelsea at 21.......

None of that is true. Just like anything else he says on the forum he is lying.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 14:11

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71
Victor Meldrew

None of that is true. Just like anything else he says on the forum he is lying.

And why would you say that? What info do you have that makes you think its not true?

It was Bradley collins the keepers name.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 23 Apr 2019 14:45

The Enfield Royal71

90k what? Per month? Per week? Per year?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Apr 2019 14:49

LWJ
The Enfield Royal71

£90k/year equates to roughly £1,700/week which is a) not that shocking or b) not that much.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 14:51

Hendo
LWJ
The Enfield Royal71

£90k/year equates to roughly £1,700/week which is a) not that shocking or b) not that much.

Would actually say that is very little in comparison to other decent level young footballers attached to a PL club.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 15:21

LWJ
The Enfield Royal71

a year and it was few years ago so my year was wrong. Probably alot more now in league 1. But for a keeper who had never played a 1st team game that's a lot.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 15:24

The Enfield Royal71
LWJ
The Enfield Royal71

a year and it was few years ago so my year was wrong. Probably alot more now in league 1. But for a keeper who had never played a 1st team game that's a lot.

It isn't.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 15:43

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71
LWJ 90k what? Per month? Per week? Per year?

It isn't.

@20 years old it is.

How much do you think our 19/20 year olds who have not played a first team game are on?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 23 Apr 2019 15:53

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71 a year and it was few years ago so my year was wrong. Probably alot more now in league 1. But for a keeper who had never played a 1st team game that's a lot.

It isn't.

@20 years old it is.

How much do you think our 19/20 year olds who have not played a first team game are on?

If rumours are to be believed then Lewis Baker is on circa 40k per week. He's 23 with no Chelsea first team appearances.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Apr 2019 16:07

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71 a year and it was few years ago so my year was wrong. Probably alot more now in league 1. But for a keeper who had never played a 1st team game that's a lot.

It isn't.

@20 years old it is.

How do you think our wage budget compares with Chelsea?

If it was someone at a club with a similar status to ours, I would agree.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Apr 2019 16:24

AthleticoSpizz Similarly, Histon (even beating Leeds Leeds Leeds in the FA Cup) came close to league status, then fell away into obscurity and financial misery.

Histon are on the way back. Believe they’ve just won the Eastern Counties League title and will be in that Southern/Isthmian League concoction next season.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 17:01

LWJ
The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews It isn't.

@20 years old it is.

If rumours are to be believed then Lewis Baker is on circa 40k per week. He's 23 with no Chelsea first team appearances.

Hes had a couple of very successful loans and in football terms there is a big jump from 19 to 23.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2019 18:29

Sutekh
AthleticoSpizz Similarly, Histon (even beating Leeds Leeds Leeds in the FA Cup) came close to league status, then fell away into obscurity and financial misery.

Histon are on the way back. Believe they’ve just won the Eastern Counties League title and will be in that Southern/Isthmian League concoction next season.
yep, the Stutes are on their way back up, it’s a long old ladder tho’

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 18:49

The Enfield Royal71
LWJ
The Enfield Royal71
@20 years old it is.

Hes had a couple of very successful loans and in football terms there is a big jump from 19 to 23.

Baker has had horrendous loans up until now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2019 08:21

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71
LWJ If rumours are to be believed then Lewis Baker is on circa 40k per week. He's 23 with no Chelsea first team appearances.

Vitesse Arnhem would very strongly disagree with that view. He was nothing short of excellent in Holland - scoring about 1 in 4 from midfield. It's where his reputation, as is, was built.

Now if you just mean his loans in English football, then fair enough they've not been great until now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Apr 2019 08:24

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71

Vitesse Arnhem would very strongly disagree with that view. He was nothing short of excellent in Holland - scoring about 1 in 4 from midfield. It's where his reputation, as is, was built.

Now if you just mean his loans in English football, then fair enough they've not been great until now.

Not sure it is possible to look bad at Vitesse, they play in a very poor league barring 3 decent sides. He hasn't kicked on since then in English football which was more the point. I think it is purely down to the fact he hasn't been appreciated anywhere else or loved. Our supporters clearly love him and you can tell by his passion that he is feeling that and the performances have followed. Think we have a good chance of signing him if Swift goes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Apr 2019 08:28

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews Baker has had horrendous loans up until now.

Not sure it is possible to look bad at Vitesse, they play in a very poor league barring 3 decent sides. He hasn't kicked on since then in English football which was more the point. I think it is purely down to the fact he hasn't been appreciated anywhere else or loved. Our supporters clearly love him and you can tell by his passion that he is feeling that and the performances have followed. Think we have a good chance of signing him if Swift goes.

It's easier to just say, oh yeah forgot he had a good loan at Vitesse. ;-)

Agreed he hasn't kicked on but put that down mainly to bad club choices made for him by Chelsea since his return - it's a major flaw of the way Chelsea operate and can stilt a number of careers if he loanee isn't matched correctly to the loan club.

174 posts