Re: The Danny Loader conundrum

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2019 21:36

Keep

Trust me

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Apr 2019 22:15

Ascotexgunner I'll be honest at least. I said ages ago he wouldn't make it. I havnt changed my mind.....I just don't see enough in him.......can't remember if it was Leeds away where he had chances and didn't take them, but he just seemed to not have enough in his game.......then again he might come good.....
Keep or stay? I dunno.......

He’s made 21 first team appearances at the age of 18.
What makes you say he hasn’t ‘made it’ ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2019 22:21

^ this

We all want a a 17 year old Wayne Rooney

It aint ever going to happen....the 17 year old Wayne Rooney would’ve floundered in todays football arena

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Apr 2019 22:43

Nameless
Ascotexgunner I'll be honest at least. I said ages ago he wouldn't make it. I havnt changed my mind.....I just don't see enough in him.......can't remember if it was Leeds away where he had chances and didn't take them, but he just seemed to not have enough in his game.......then again he might come good.....

I mean, I don't think you can really successfully argue that an 18 year old striker with 0 goals in 21 appearances in one season in a shit team has 'made it'.

Loader could easily drift into obscurity and be out of professional football by the time he's 23. I hope he won't, I don't think it's the most probable outcome by any stretch.

I think to make it you have to prove you're up to consistently delivering at a particular level. Loader hasn't really got close to that IMO. He can still absolutely do so, he just hasn't delivered on his promise at all yet for me.

And not even in terms of actual skill or quality, but in application. Not saying he hasn't tried, because that's absurd... There just hasn't been any belief or conviction in his performances for me.

Compared to Rino (much older of course) who came in and from game 1 seized the opportunity with both hands and stamped his authority on the match, though I think he's a less skilful player.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Apr 2019 22:48

well quite....to speak the obvious

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Apr 2019 00:33

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

I mean, I don't think you can really successfully argue that an 18 year old striker with 0 goals in 21 appearances in one season in a shit team has 'made it'.

Loader could easily drift into obscurity and be out of professional football by the time he's 23. I hope he won't, I don't think it's the most probable outcome by any stretch.

I think to make it you have to prove you're up to consistently delivering at a particular level. Loader hasn't really got close to that IMO. He can still absolutely do so, he just hasn't delivered on his promise at all yet for me.

And not even in terms of actual skill or quality, but in application. Not saying he hasn't tried, because that's absurd... There just hasn't been any belief or conviction in his performances for me.

Compared to Rino (much older of course) who came in and from game 1 seized the opportunity with both hands and stamped his authority on the match, though I think he's a less skilful player.

Ffs Ian, he’s young he’s had first team experience. Yes younger than Rinomhota so that’s a plus. He’s keen.
Give him some love and he’ll flourish. You know Ian, like ladies, give them love. And you never know....

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Apr 2019 02:13

"Let's send him out on loan". What do you think Reading FC have to offer a young England youth player other than game time?
We obviously promised him significant first team opportunities otherwise quite rightly he wouldn't have signed a professional contract here.

This season he's scored 4 goals for England U19s, 10 goals for Reading U23s, played 19 games in the Championship and started at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.
Who on earth thinks that is not a successful season for an 18 year old?

Alphonso Davies played 34 league games in the MLS before scoring a goal. Then 8 goals the next season. Then a $22m move to Bayern Munich.

I don't expect Loader to score more than 4 or 5 next season and that would be ok, because I'd much rather watch a young player improve and realise their enormous potential than be stuck watching bang average players who will always be average,

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Apr 2019 04:51

That Leeds away game being his first ever senior start and only his second ever appearance? Probably not the best game to judge him on.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Apr 2019 09:00

He'll do fine, just needs a few more games and it'll click for him.

Horrid to say but the double injuries and our now safe position are just perfect for him. Hopefully he will start our remaining two games and build up his confidence.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Apr 2019 10:19

2 world wars, 1 world cup He'll do fine, just needs a few more games and it'll click for him.

Horrid to say but the double injuries and our now safe position are just perfect for him. Hopefully he will start our remaining two games and build up his confidence.

Sometimes that’s the way with injuries though. SHunt only got his start because Convey got injured.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 27 Apr 2019 15:12

Get in Loader!!!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Apr 2019 15:12

Hopefully the first of many.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Apr 2019 15:14

Solved.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Apr 2019 15:15

Yep :P

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Apr 2019 15:15

Nothing like a goal as a confidence booster. :D

I remember the days of wondering when Kevin Doyle would come good........
Last edited by Lower West on 27 Apr 2019 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Apr 2019 22:19

Is he now our youngest ever scorer?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Apr 2019 09:25

Pepe the Horseman Is he now our youngest ever scorer?

I'll check that on football manager later. Xx

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Apr 2019 09:25

NewCorkSeth

I'll check that on football manager later. Xx

Thanks bae x

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 29 Apr 2019 10:22

I have enjoyed watching Loader play. Yes at times he pisses me off by getting knocked off the ball by taking too long to decide what to do and in the position we were in, it really magnified his flaws as a player.
But, he has got age on his side, we should not loan him at. Keep him here, very useful to have some one like that around the squad. By the way he comes across, he is determined to make it.

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 29 Apr 2019 10:45

I think previously it was Shane Long

Shane Long scored against Derby on 31/12/2005 - Aged 18 years 11 months 9 days

Danny Loader scored against Boro' on 27/04/2019 - Aged 18 years 7 months 30 days.