Rival Watch

17149 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Sutekh » 28 Apr 2019 09:12

From Despair To Where? I like Sheffield United. They play good football under an English manager and every single player in their squad is British or Irish.

Until the start of next season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Apr 2019 09:14

Jinx It's West Brom all the way in the play-offs for me. Can't stand Leeds or Villa and imagine the fawning oxf*rd if "Frank Lampard's Derby" win it

This +1,000,000,000 (though to be fair I don’t mind Villa when they’re in the PL but not when they’re a mega monied big fish at this level).

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Apr 2019 09:16

WBA , Villa, Derby. Leeds in that order.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Apr 2019 10:21

WBA, WBA, WBA, WBA in that order

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2019 11:24

Would we prefer Villa to get their FFP points deduction now and drop out of the playoffs, or next season and start their PL life on -9 ?

Or I guess ideally for them to lose the playoffs and start next season in the Champ on -9 !

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Apr 2019 11:33

Nameless Would we prefer Villa to get their FFP points deduction now and drop out of the playoffs, or next season and start their PL life on -9 ?

Or I guess ideally for them to lose the playoffs and start next season in the Champ on -9 !

I understood that there was a time limit in a season after which any points deduction was the following season. I thought it was the end of March, although I could be making that up.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 28 Apr 2019 12:08

Nameless Would we prefer Villa to get their FFP points deduction now and drop out of the playoffs, or next season and start their PL life on -9 ?

As far as I know, the Premier League do not deduct points for EFL offences. It would have to wait for Villa to be relegated. Either that or Villa will be given a huge fine. Just like the Fake Hoops got! (and never paid). If a club is fined for breaking FFP rules, would it not be better to spread the fine around all the clubs in that division who kept to the rules, instead of it going into the EFL's bank account?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2019 12:19

+1 for the WBA love. Hate Leeds, want to see Villa get their comeuppance for their financial doping rather than cutting their cloth. Derby aren't too objectionable, but are perennial bottlejobs and seeing Fat Frank worshipped for getting them up in his first season would be irksome.

Middlesboro would be ok. Brizzle being in a higher division would peeve me for some reason.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 28 Apr 2019 12:42

I like Sheffield United as a club, but Wilder behaved appalling when we played them at home a couple of years back - it all revolved around that goal they scored when in reality they should have given us the ball back.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 28 Apr 2019 16:13

Talking of which ^^^^

Five minutes of pure. classic, dirty Leeds …

0-0, Kodija kicked out the game, lying injured, Leeds don't put the ball out, dummy to put the ball out, go on instead, score, heavy handbags ensue in penalty area and touchline, Bamford fakes being head-butted and gets Villa man sent off, Bielsa does the right thing (!) and tells his men to let Villa walk through and get an equaliser into the empty net - and Pontus makes an attempt to clear it while berating his manager.

Look forward to seeing them in Reading again next season. xx

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Apr 2019 16:15

Fox Talbot Talking of which ^^^^

0-0, Kodija kicked out the game, lying injured, Leeds don't put the ball out, dummy to put the ball out, go on instead, score, heavy handbags ensue in penalty area and touchline, Bamford fakes being head-butted and gets Villa man sent off, Bielsa does the right thing (!) and tells his men to let Villa walk through and get an equaliser into the empty net - and Pontus makes an attempt to clear it while berating his manager.

Bielsa is too good for Leeds tbh

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Apr 2019 16:57

muirinho

Has done his reputation no favours with his antics earlier in the season.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Apr 2019 17:22

Funny to see the Villa fans who defended that tool Mings get so upset at Bamford.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Apr 2019 17:40

That's hilarious to watch, thanks.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2019 20:55

I don’t mind villa too much tbf. Know a few or their fans who are decent sorts

But obvs much rather WBA. Not sure I could cope with the fat frank love if Derby went up

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2019 21:05

I too would go with WBA to go up. Their fans seem less delusional than the other three.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Apr 2019 21:09

I want Derby to go up, see if they can beat their own record of shitness.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2019 21:12

URZZZZZZZZ I like Sheffield United as a club, but Wilder behaved appalling when we played them at home a couple of years back - it all revolved around that goal they scored when in reality they should have given us the ball back.

That goal was last season on the coldest night I have ever watched a game. The gate was incredibly low. We lost 3/1 and missed a pen to make it 2/2. That goal was very sneaky.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Apr 2019 21:20

Lower West
muirinho

Has done his reputation no favours with his antics earlier in the season.

I'd forgotten that! But, still too good for Leeds.

Needle

by Needle » 28 Apr 2019 22:31

I could bear a Villa triumph ahead of FLDC or dirty Leeds. Baggies my choice too though.

17149 posts