Liam Moore Interview

JR

Liam Moore Interview

by JR » 20 Apr 2019 11:15

This is referred to already within the Gomes thread, but I think it deserves its own.

Really interesting 85 minute interview with Liam Moore.

Fair play to him for giving that length of time and his honesty. I tend to avoid listening to interviews with players as they are full of cliches and give PR driven answers - this is different.

A few technical glitches on the podcast, but stick with it during any gaps.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/e ... 1224296199

https://soundcloud.com/elmparkroyals/li ... -interview

EverHopeful

Re: Liam Moore Interview

by EverHopeful » 20 Apr 2019 21:56

This is the first podcast i have ever listened to - not a technophobe just generally can't be bothered with listening to crap. What a enlightening interview on both sides - Elm Park Royals you did an excellent and Liam Moore needs to be acknowledged for being so candid (mostly) with his answers. Excellent hour or so spent mowing my lawn yesterday listening to this.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2019 01:21

EverHopeful This is the first podcast i have ever listened to - not a technophobe just generally can't be bothered with listening to crap. What a enlightening interview on both sides - Elm Park Royals you did an excellent and Liam Moore needs to be acknowledged for being so candid (mostly) with his answers. Excellent hour or so spent mowing my lawn yesterday listening to this.

Fcuk me. How bigs your lawn?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Apr 2019 08:47

Well the bits you could actually hear sounded interesting.

One87One

by One87One » 21 Apr 2019 13:59

Thoughts on the team kicking towards the South Stand second half? You can understand the advantage it offers the team playing in to the vocal support second half. I’m all for a change!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 22 Apr 2019 23:58

I think with the recent Moore and now the Nigel Howe interview today on BBCRB, we’ve had quite a lot of insight into the day to day machinations of the club. Even SJM and Steve, the employee of the year chap, put the boot into the way Gourlay was running the club (in their own ways)

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 23 Apr 2019 02:17

It's commendable to put yourself out there like that as a Pro footballer, and he sounds like a good chap, emphasising that effort > talent a lot in the interview, which is one of those things that is very much the reading way. When we have overachieved (under McDermott especially) it has been because of a group of marginally above average players have worked their hearts out for each other and the fans. We need fewer Danny Guthries and Royston Drenthes, more Liam Moores, and dare I say it, Chris Gunters.

Looking at the way Moore was jumping around at the final whistle, I feel that he'd be a massive mistake to sell.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Apr 2019 08:04

Chameleon It's commendable to put yourself out there like that as a Pro footballer, and he sounds like a good chap, emphasising that effort > talent a lot in the interview, which is one of those things that is very much the reading way. When we have overachieved (under McDermott especially) it has been because of a group of marginally above average players have worked their hearts out for each other and the fans. We need fewer Danny Guthries and Royston Drenthes, more Liam Moores, and dare I say it, Chris Gunters.

Looking at the way Moore was jumping around at the final whistle, I feel that he'd be a massive mistake to sell.

Got the very strong impression from Nigel Howe
that the biggest earners will be shipped out.

Yes, I'd like to keep Moore (and Miazga) but if we sell Moore
we get 5-6-7-12M, AND get a very large wage off the books.

Just Moore and Swift going would transform our finances FFP-wise
and we can rebuild.

Howe said that Dai WANTS to invest but FFP won't let him

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 08:07

Moore will be gone this summer, could get between £7-£10 million for him which essentially solves a lot of our problems. Nobody wants him to go but we have to be realistic. Could see one of the promoted sides picking him up or Brighton coming back in.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Apr 2019 08:09

Snowball
Chameleon It's commendable to put yourself out there like that as a Pro footballer, and he sounds like a good chap, emphasising that effort > talent a lot in the interview, which is one of those things that is very much the reading way. When we have overachieved (under McDermott especially) it has been because of a group of marginally above average players have worked their hearts out for each other and the fans. We need fewer Danny Guthries and Royston Drenthes, more Liam Moores, and dare I say it, Chris Gunters.

and we can rebuild.

If they haven't done so already, it would be worth paying some really smart accountants to try to identify ways in which we can spend teh money that the Dai's want to invest but still stay within the FFP rules. The rich manage to do it with tax and I doubt the FFP rules are any harder/more watertight.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Apr 2019 08:09

Not every high earner though I doubt

The likes of McShane, Joey, Mannone, Meyler, Kelly, Baldock, Aluko, o Shea, McCleary and Gunter would all be in the top earners and wouldn’t affect the current first team (though think Gunts and McCleary May stay)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Apr 2019 08:40

I hope you're right!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Apr 2019 08:42

In the case of Moore, though, we could get very decent money
AND a much lowered wage bill.

I don't WANT him to go but he would be top of my list to go if I was NH

(unless they could persuade Miazga to sign/stay another season and Moore was the key)

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Apr 2019 09:38

RoyalBlue
Snowball

and we can rebuild.

If they haven't done so already, it would be worth paying some really smart accountants to try to identify ways in which we can spend teh money that the Dai's want to invest but still stay within the FFP rules. The rich manage to do it with tax and I doubt the FFP rules are any harder/more watertight.

Surely you can put as much money in as you like as long as it is not repayable debt ?
So a new share issue (which woukdn’t impact existing shareholders as there’s are only 2) would allow the investment.
Isn’t the whole point of FFP to stop owners saddling clubs with debt, nothing else ?

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 23 Apr 2019 15:57

RoyalBlue If they haven't done so already, it would be worth paying some really smart accountants to try to identify ways in which we can spend teh money that the Dai's want to invest but still stay within the FFP rules. The rich manage to do it with tax and I doubt the FFP rules are any harder/more watertight.

I wonder if we'll see more people take the China route, loan out there, all wages covered, hefty loan fee etc.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Apr 2019 16:14

Chameleon
RoyalBlue If they haven't done so already, it would be worth paying some really smart accountants to try to identify ways in which we can spend teh money that the Dai's want to invest but still stay within the FFP rules. The rich manage to do it with tax and I doubt the FFP rules are any harder/more watertight.

I wonder if we'll see more people take the China route, loan out there, all wages covered, hefty loan fee etc.

Not many other people have the ability to do it the way we can !
Presumably Man City own a Chinese club. Does any other club in England ?

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 24 Apr 2019 23:12

leon
EverHopeful This is the first podcast i have ever listened to - not a technophobe just generally can't be bothered with listening to crap. What a enlightening interview on both sides - Elm Park Royals you did an excellent and Liam Moore needs to be acknowledged for being so candid (mostly) with his answers. Excellent hour or so spent mowing my lawn yesterday listening to this.

Fcuk me. How bigs your lawn?

it was hot so sat down for quite a while with a couple of beers..............

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 25 Apr 2019 02:13

Snowball In the case of Moore, though, we could get very decent money
AND a much lowered wage bill.
I don't WANT him to go but he would be top of my list to go if I was NH

Do wonder if he still wants to move up to PL. We'd have to get a good offer in for him (again).
If we're unable to re-sign Miazga (which a few have stated), it will be interesting whether opinion on Moore changes again next season. Seems that much of his upturn in form (and opinion) coincided with Miazga's arrival.
Put another way, if Miazga leaves, it's going to be important who partners Moore next season, and that they play well.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 May 2019 21:45

Joey Van Den Berg interview doing the rounds is quite entertaining as well. I quite liked him from it. Very honest. Again loved Stam, didn’t like Clement, or at least how him leaving was handled. Again no real chat about why it went so wrong second season

Also described BT as ‘that guy was something else’ as well which amused me

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 May 2019 22:27

Is the JVDB interview written down anywhere or is there’s just a video of his interview?