Liam Moore Interview

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore Interview

by Hound » 02 May 2019 08:52

its another podcast, listened to it on my commute last night. pretty much exactly how you'd expect him to be, but quite entertaining.

The other thing which was quite telling was his mention that one of the current players borrowed a Rolex watch for his picture signing his new contract, and how it was a sign of how out of touch some of the young players are.

Bit of detective work on Twitter seems to have narrowed it to Swift or Kelly

JamieY26

by JamieY26 » 02 May 2019 09:07

RoyalBlue
Snowball
Chameleon It's commendable to put yourself out there like that as a Pro footballer, and he sounds like a good chap, emphasising that effort > talent a lot in the interview, which is one of those things that is very much the reading way. When we have overachieved (under McDermott especially) it has been because of a group of marginally above average players have worked their hearts out for each other and the fans. We need fewer Danny Guthries and Royston Drenthes, more Liam Moores, and dare I say it, Chris Gunters.

Looking at the way Moore was jumping around at the final whistle, I feel that he'd be a massive mistake to sell.

Got the very strong impression from Nigel Howe
that the biggest earners will be shipped out.

Yes, I'd like to keep Moore (and Miazga) but if we sell Moore
we get 5-6-7-12M, AND get a very large wage off the books.

Just Moore and Swift going would transform our finances FFP-wise
and we can rebuild.

Howe said that Dai WANTS to invest but FFP won't let him

If they haven't done so already, it would be worth paying some really smart accountants to try to identify ways in which we can spend teh money that the Dai's want to invest but still stay within the FFP rules. The rich manage to do it with tax and I doubt the FFP rules are any harder/more watertight.

There must be ways. Surely selling the naming rights for the stadium to themselves for a ridiculous fee and then spending the money would satisfy FFP?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 02 May 2019 10:14

Hound Not every high earner though I doubt

The likes of McShane, Joey, Mannone, Meyler, Kelly, Baldock, Aluko, o Shea, McCleary and Gunter would all be in the top earners and wouldn’t affect the current first team (though think Gunts and McCleary May stay)

its all about the cost in wages vs the value if sold vs their value on the pitch
the ones we will really want to lose are the ones on high wages/can still attract a fee/wont realistically play in every game

the money for moore would need to be set against the cost of replacement too. in terms of playing time, ability, leadership and experience he is worth a lot to us, but it may still be that the size of any fee could still outweigh that.

hope not

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 May 2019 12:58

Hound its another podcast, listened to it on my commute last night. pretty much exactly how you'd expect him to be, but quite entertaining.

The other thing which was quite telling was his mention that one of the current players borrowed a Rolex watch for his picture signing his new contract, and how it was a sign of how out of touch some of the young players are.

Bit of detective work on Twitter seems to have narrowed it to Swift or Kelly

It's going to be Kelly isn't it. :x

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 May 2019 13:51

thats who my money is on Ian...

(Ex-reporter Tom Crocker confirmed the story btw, without naming names)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 May 2019 14:26

I don't buy the Moore love. Anyone can go round kissing the badge and claiming to love the club, but this is the man who cost us promotion and handed in a transfer request. It's only because he's not worth the overly inflated price we were demanding from him that he didn't go to Brighton. All of a sudden he's a hero.

I think he'd do well not to carry the label of 'fraud'.

Cash in.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 May 2019 14:35

John Smith I don't buy the Moore love. Anyone can go round kissing the badge and claiming to love the club, but this is the man who cost us promotion and handed in a transfer request. It's only because he's not worth the overly inflated price we were demanding from him that he didn't go to Brighton. All of a sudden he's a hero.

Cash in.

Cost us promotion :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2019 14:55

John Smith I don't buy the Moore love. Anyone can go round kissing the badge and claiming to love the club, but this is the man who cost us promotion and handed in a transfer request. It's only because he's not worth the overly inflated price we were demanding from him that he didn't go to Brighton. All of a sudden he's a hero.

Cash in.

Odd that Brighton were quite happy to pay the asking price.......so it clearly wasn't that which prevented him moving.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 May 2019 14:57

Cash in.

Trolling as per

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2019 16:04

JamieY26
RoyalBlue
Snowball

Got the very strong impression from Nigel Howe
that the biggest earners will be shipped out.

Yes, I'd like to keep Moore (and Miazga) but if we sell Moore
we get 5-6-7-12M, AND get a very large wage off the books.

Just Moore and Swift going would transform our finances FFP-wise
and we can rebuild.

Howe said that Dai WANTS to invest but FFP won't let him

If they haven't done so already, it would be worth paying some really smart accountants to try to identify ways in which we can spend teh money that the Dai's want to invest but still stay within the FFP rules. The rich manage to do it with tax and I doubt the FFP rules are any harder/more watertight.

There must be ways. Surely selling the naming rights for the stadium to themselves for a ridiculous fee and then spending the money would satisfy FFP?

I think that's one that is specifically not allowed.
You'd need to demonstrate you sold them for a fair market price, probably that you looked a number of options and almost certainly that you sold it to someone other than yourself ! Wasn't one of the big things Man City got into trouble for was selling naming rights to themselves for an inflated price ?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 02 May 2019 17:59

Hound thats who my money is on Ian...

Confirmed not Kelly or Swift.

Here's the watch

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 May 2019 18:27

maffff
Hound thats who my money is on Ian...

Confirmed not Kelly or Swift.

Here's the watch

Dont be a tease Mafff

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 May 2019 18:29

Chubby little mitts is 100% jelly kelly.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 May 2019 18:36

CountryRoyal Chubby little mitts is 100% jelly kelly.

Nah I found out who's arm that is by googling a few of the remaining white academy players. Not that I would recognise a Rolex but it's not Barrett in that photo though he is wearing a very nice watch in his contract signing photo.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 May 2019 18:43

Smith? He fancies himself a bit. Can’t be arsed to search for myself

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 02 May 2019 19:01

Hound Smith? He fancies himself a bit. Can’t be arsed to search for myself

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2018/f ... s-contract

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 May 2019 19:42

There you go....

Showing it off proper as well. What a clown

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 May 2019 08:25

Goes really well with his branded training top. :roll:

Oh well, each to their own. Hardly a crime and it's not like most young footballers aren't total bellends in one way or another.

Hope he doesn't get openly ridiculed for this on social media. He's just a kid.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 May 2019 08:40

He's not a kid. He is a 21 year old professional footballer who spent the last two years on Snapchat doing things footballers shouldn't be doing like running naked and drunk down streets etc. There is a reason why he hasn't kicked on or done well anywhere he has gone and it is down to what I call the Liam Kelly attitude. Thinks he has made it to the big time and therefore no longer needs to bother. He should be out on the training pitch all day long working hard or begging the club to send him to a National League side where he'd actually get some game time and prove himself.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 03 May 2019 08:41

Better he doesn't even own those cans of Carabao :x

It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:48