Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by SCIAG » 07 May 2019 21:54

URZZZZ
Hound reckon both Arsenal may be a good bet to pick up some decent loans from. They have quite a few good young players like Willock and Neketiah who aren't getting much of a look in. Couple of encouraging words from Martinez and a small trip down the M4

Whilst it was only the once and obviously not enough to judge a player on, I watched Arsenal play Blackpool in the cup sometime this year and Nketiah was poor

Willock on the other hand was quality, and I know Arsenal fans are upset he hasn't featured much this season

I'd also try and have a look at Kent from Liverpool if Rangers don't re-sign him, I've always thought him to be a cracking little player and we're always in need of wingers. Similar Woodburn but he seemed to have stagnated at Sheffield United earlier this season

Nketiah is very highly rated. We'd be extremely lucky to land him. Having said that, we don't really need a striker. But having said that, if he came in and scored 20 goals then that would probably make up for any shortcoming in the side.

I know lots of people rate Kent but it's a big fat :| from me. Seen him play against us a few times and never been impressed. Hasn't got a great international record either although these days that's not so important because competition is so high.

Woodburn is quality but the obvious spot for him would be Barrow's position. Willock would be an incredible Swift replacement but seems there's a lot of speculation that Arsenal want to ease him into Ramsey's spot over the course of next season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 May 2019 22:02

SCIAG
URZZZZ
Hound reckon both Arsenal may be a good bet to pick up some decent loans from. They have quite a few good young players like Willock and Neketiah who aren't getting much of a look in. Couple of encouraging words from Martinez and a small trip down the M4

Whilst it was only the once and obviously not enough to judge a player on, I watched Arsenal play Blackpool in the cup sometime this year and Nketiah was poor

Willock on the other hand was quality, and I know Arsenal fans are upset he hasn't featured much this season

I'd also try and have a look at Kent from Liverpool if Rangers don't re-sign him, I've always thought him to be a cracking little player and we're always in need of wingers. Similar Woodburn but he seemed to have stagnated at Sheffield United earlier this season

Nketiah is very highly rated. We'd be extremely lucky to land him. Having said that, we don't really need a striker. But having said that, if he came in and scored 20 goals then that would probably make up for any shortcoming in the side.

I know lots of people rate Kent but it's a big fat :| from me. Seen him play against us a few times and never been impressed. Hasn't got a great international record either although these days that's not so important because competition is so high.

Woodburn is quality but the obvious spot for him would be Barrow's position. Willock would be an incredible Swift replacement but seems there's a lot of speculation that Arsenal want to ease him into Ramsey's spot over the course of next season.

Yeah thought nketiah was highly rated but just based off the one game I watched, he wasn’t great. Obviously that’s a ridiculous level to judge someone on though

I disagree with Kent, he always looks direct and attaching to me, and was quality when I saw Celtic rangers earlier this season

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 07 May 2019 23:32

URZZZZ Yeah thought nketiah was highly rated but just based off the one game I watched, he wasn’t great. Obviously that’s a ridiculous level to judge someone on though.

I wouldn’t worry too much. We judged Eza on 4 games.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 May 2019 23:36

Denver Royal
URZZZZ Yeah thought nketiah was highly rated but just based off the one game I watched, he wasn’t great. Obviously that’s a ridiculous level to judge someone on though.

Don’t worry too much. We judged Eza on 4 games.

I saw Mark Aizlewood's first game (aged about 16, for Newport County)

After five MINUTES you could see he was utter class for Fourth Division and would play at a much higher level.

You CAN tell sometimes. Not always, but sometimes.

How soon after Rhino kicked a ball in the first team were we all saying Ooooooh?

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 07 May 2019 23:44

Snowball
Denver Royal

Don’t worry too much. We judged Eza on 4 games.

After five MINUTES you could see he was utter class for Fourth Division and would play at a much higher level.

How soon after Rhino kicked a ball in the first team were we all saying Ooooooh?

Well that was kinda my point to OP, fill ya boots!
Heh, if I see a player once that I like, you can take it to the bank. :)
But yeah, you’re right, your first impressions of a player can pan out.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 08 May 2019 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 May 2019 00:06

Must say Brentford’s released list looks of interest to me, with Barbet, Odubajo, Macleod and McEachran all available, I’d probably take any of those for our squad next year

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 08 May 2019 06:54

URZZZZ Must say Brentford’s released list looks of interest to me, with Barbet, Odubajo, Macleod and McEachran all available, I’d probably take any of those for our squad next year

Barbet - class, but likely to sign for Villa. He’s already told Brentford he’s off.

Odubajo - horrific injury for Hull and signed a short term deal with Brentford to show what he’s still capable of. We don’t need to carry anyone who will spend more time off than on the pitch - would be a punt.

Macleod/McEachran - both not considered regulars this season. Ray Wilkins thought McEachran was the most technical player he ever coached. Again both would be punts replacing the Baker role.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2019 07:01

McEachran would fit in quite well but always thought he was a little lightweight. Maybe in the #10 role

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 May 2019 09:02

Denver Royal
Snowball
Denver Royal Don’t worry too much. We judged Eza on 4 games.

I THINK it was Karacan’s first game when he played a Swift-bettering eye of a needle through ball. It didn’t result in a goal but I thought WOW this could be A PLAYA

He was, but he didn’t play that kind of stuff (that I remember) ever after

Still think he shoulda gone to right back

King Coppell

by King Coppell » 08 May 2019 09:47

McShane confirms his exit.

Next.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2019 10:03

yep, he had to be moved on really.

Still he was excellent in years 1 and 2, probably our stand out player in Y1, and really enjoyed watching him that season, and the PO season.

Good luck to him in the future, sure he'll do a good job further down the ladder for a couple of years

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 May 2019 10:04

Hound yep, he had to be moved on really.

Still he was excellent in years 1 and 2, probably our stand out player in Y1, and really enjoyed watching him that season, and the PO season.

Good luck to him in the future, sure he'll do a good job further down the ladder for a couple of years

Agreed on all counts.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 08 May 2019 10:28

Hound yep, he had to be moved on really.

Always liked McShane - could never question his commitment. Remember seeing him line up alongside Ferdinand at Brentford and thought at the time we had a great pairing on our hands. Shame the promise of that first few months of 15-16 didn’t materialise any further as we were exciting to watch.

But time to move on...all the best to him

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 May 2019 10:36

Is McEachran not a bit shit?

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 08 May 2019 10:49

Snowball
Denver Royal
Snowball

I THINK it was Karacan’s first game when he played a Swift-bettering eye of a needle through ball. It didn’t result in a goal but I thought WOW this could be A PLAYA

He was, but he didn’t play that kind of stuff (that I remember) ever after

Still think he shoulda gone to right back

Totally agree with that. The one game I saw Karacan at right back was Millwall away and thought that was his best game. I was never for him in the middle. Plenty of effort but not much creation.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 May 2019 10:54

not all midfield roles need to be massively creative
bustle and effort are hugely underrated in the modern game imo.

karacan was the perfect foil for a creative/attacking partner

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 May 2019 10:57

JK got two very serious injuries and just wasn't the same after.

His goal at Preston was class.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 May 2019 11:22

NewCorkSeth Is McEachran not a bit shit?

I've always thought he was a neat and tidy player but the fact he's barely featured this season and Brentford fans aren't upset one bit suggests I'm wrong

Most seemed disappointed Odubajo are going though. I could imagine him being on low wages considering his recent injury problems, don't think he'd be too bad but our fullback positions now seem to be highly stocked and we won't buy players for the sake of it with FFP issues

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 May 2019 11:47

FFS only on here can you have a thread about the next seasons squad and have a whole page dedicated to a player who left 4 years ago :roll:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 May 2019 11:54

WoodleyRoyal FFS only on here can you have a thread about the next seasons squad and have a whole page dedicated to a player who left 4 years ago :roll:

I am probably going to be due a whoosh but its 4 posts...

1826 posts