Next Season's Squad.

1826 posts
stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Next Season's Squad.

by stealthpapes » 08 May 2019 11:54

NewCorkSeth Is McEachran not a bit shit?

a bit

think they're lost to time, but there was this poster, Harold, who was a Chelsea fan on the side, used to rave about him. Stopped after a while. Don't know what's happened to him. McEachran, not Harold.

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 08 May 2019 12:16

Jem Karacan deserves a whole page about him :P what a player he has before his terrible injuries.

My thread on Twitter about the possible state of the squad going in to next season. This probably shows why Jose Gomes is the manager and not me tbh :shock: As a young aspiring journalist (have to say a lot of Reading fans want to be journalists these days fair play), I'm probably everyone's worst nightmare :lol: Strangely had fun producing these Tweets, I really need to get out more....

https://twitter.com/ajonesrfc/status/11 ... 7078091778

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 May 2019 12:25

stealthpapes

a bit

think they're lost to time, but there was this poster, Harold, who was a Chelsea fan on the side, used to rave about him. Stopped after a while. Don't know what's happened to him. McEachran, not Harold.

I remember the media treatment of his as the next big thing. Shame.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 May 2019 12:35

RoyalJones Jem Karacan deserves a whole page about him :P what a player he has before his terrible injuries.

My thread on Twitter about the possible state of the squad going in to next season. This probably shows why Jose Gomes is the manager and not me tbh :shock: As a young aspiring journalist (have to say a lot of Reading fans want to be journalists these days fair play), I'm probably everyone's worst nightmare :lol: Strangely had fun producing these Tweets, I really need to get out more....

https://twitter.com/ajonesrfc/status/11 ... 7078091778

Adam, good write up, thx.
Maneki Neko not all midfield roles need to be massively creative
bustle and effort are hugely underrated in the modern game imo.

Thought the same watching Barca last night. They needed a Sissoko-type.
Pool? They had Milner and Henderson.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 May 2019 13:14

NewCorkSeth
stealthpapes

a bit

I remember the media treatment of his as the next big thing. Shame.

Harold?

The memory deceives, Seth, the memory deceives.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 May 2019 13:15

Chelsea lost their appeal against a transfer ban. Will that make it easier or harder to sign players from them?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 May 2019 13:48

NewCorkSeth Chelsea lost their appeal against a transfer ban. Will that make it easier or harder to sign players from them?

I would probably err on the harder side. They will have to plug any gaps from what they've already got and they'll have a sizeable Hazard shaped hole to fill as well

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 08 May 2019 13:56

Marginally harder?

Miazga will not play for them, he will either be loaned or sold. This depends on the loan fee there can get vs a transfer fee, or his willingness to stay as a Chelsea owned loan player. Either way, he will not get near their first team (Zouma, Tomori etc ahead of him as back up even)

Baker is slightly different. Whether they can negate the ban by extending the loan of Kovacic is perhaps key? Mason Mount I guess is now ahead of him, but if it's Sarri, maybe Baker fits the system better than RL-C and Mount? Maybe Bakayoko has to come back?

Either way, I think Reading's ability to afford both players is still more likely to be the stumbling block rather than Chelsea's need...

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 08 May 2019 13:58

Franchise FC
NewCorkSeth Chelsea lost their appeal against a transfer ban. Will that make it easier or harder to sign players from them?

I would probably err on the harder side. They will have to plug any gaps from what they've already got and they'll have a sizeable Hazard shaped hole to fill as well

Pulisic is that guy. but then again, he's not even that good!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 May 2019 13:58

Franchise FC

LOL yeah cos any player prepared to sign for us is going to be challenging for their first team :roll: Miazga Baker and alike won't even be 7th choice for them. And to suggest we might not get someone from them because Hazard needs replacing? just :lol:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 08 May 2019 14:08

Harder I would think, but it's such a massive squad they will only be able to have a Premier League and Champions League squad of 25

RoyalJones

by RoyalJones » 08 May 2019 14:23

Miazga:
The players who are likely to be ahead of Miazga at Chelsea: Rudiger, Christensen, Luiz, Zouma, Ampadu
Those who are on a similar level: Tomori, Kalas, Clarke-Salter, Omeruo, T Chalobah, Hector

Baker:
The players who are likely to be ahead of Baker at Chelsea: Kante, Drinkwater, Loftus Cheek, Barkley, Van Ginkel, Bakayoko, Angban (Excluding Hazard and Pusalic)
Those who are on a similar level: Mount, Palmer, K Hazard, Musonda, Palmer, Pantic, Pasalic

Surely Miazga will be allowed to leave for the sake of his career? Tomori and Kalas are the ones who are probably most likely to get a chance at Chelsea next season. I understand Tomori has impressed at Derby. He's probably the player who we're most likely to sign permanently.

Baker will probably go out on loan again. I think he still has quite a bit of time on his contract. Whether we'll be able to shift deadwood before other teams go after Baker remains to be seen. He may be in reasonably high demand. However, he may want to come back to Reading.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 May 2019 14:29

PistolPete Marginally harder?

Miazga will not play for them, he will either be loaned or sold. This depends on the loan fee there can get vs a transfer fee, or his willingness to stay as a Chelsea owned loan player. Either way, he will not get near their first team (Zouma, Tomori etc ahead of him as back up even.

Yep, and Cahill, their 'captain', has barely been able to get a game all season. (He's ooc now, I think. Cheeky bid?).

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 May 2019 14:36

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 May 2019 14:39

Shame, I liked him, plagued by injuries last year just when he was hitting his stride.

The goal v Norwich on Boxing Day was brilliant.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 May 2019 14:41

Hendo Shame, I liked him, plagued by injuries last year just when he was hitting his stride.

The goal v Norwich on Boxing Day was brilliant.

Yeah, he never got a chance really to show what he could do in an injury-free run. Hope he finds a decent home.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 May 2019 14:41

And another one gone.

https://twitter.com/Ckharriott/status/1 ... 6052400135

the night of the long knives has begun

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 May 2019 14:48

Feel bad for Harriott. I spent most of his time here writing him off only for him to come back this season and look a real player to me. I wish him the best.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 08 May 2019 14:59

yeah, didn't mind him but hes high up on the signed when we had money and doesn't play much list, so to be expected

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 May 2019 15:11

Liked Harriott but this news is hardly a surprise esp when you look at his injury plagued apperance record over the 3 years here:

16/17 - 3 starts (9) sub appearances
17/18 - 0
18/19 - 2(10)

Great that he has got himself fit but probably needs to drop down to L1 to get a regular starting spot to prove his fitness again.

1826 posts