McShane leaves

by Armadillo Roadkill » 08 May 2019 10:33

Announced on his Instagram.

Good bloke. Good time to leave.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: McShane leaves

by Maneki Neko » 08 May 2019 10:41

time to leave was last summer, but yeah, was a decent player at his best that didn't deal too well with the clubs drift into shambles

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 May 2019 11:27

Thought he started the season well against Derby and Forest, but it all went downhill after that and he turned into a laughing stock after Blackburn and probably should have gone after that. Then there was Preston (H) which confirmed he was finished as a championship footballer. Wish him the best though, a quality player in his first couple of seasons and I think he'd be a decent signing for a league one team if he can stay off the injury table

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2019 11:39

This won’t be a popular view but good riddance. McShane has periodically annoyed me over the years. From the very first time I saw him carelessly lunge into a challenge against Ipswich at home, to a colossal lack of effort at Preston away, him and Gunter passing the ball to each other 20 times in our right corner before we concede, his antics at Stevenage, and then of course the cherry on the top Blackburn this season.

Poor gangly defender who’s mediocrity was often excused as his lumbersome old fashioned style was often disguised for effort. Always striked me as a bit of a prick.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 May 2019 11:41

Just as well we haven't got a long running thread on next season`s squad already. :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 May 2019 12:14

CountryRoyal This won’t be a popular view but good riddance. McShane has periodically annoyed me over the years. From the very first time I saw him carelessly lunge into a challenge against Ipswich at home, to a colossal lack of effort at Preston away, him and Gunter passing the ball to each other 20 times in our right corner before we concede, his antics at Stevenage, and then of course the cherry on the top Blackburn this season.

Poor gangly defender who’s mediocrity was often excused as his lumbersome old fashioned style was often disguised for effort. Always striked me as a bit of a prick.

out of interest CR, who do you like (except the loan players)?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 May 2019 12:23

CountryRoyal This won’t be a popular view but good riddance. McShane has periodically annoyed me over the years. From the very first time I saw him carelessly lunge into a challenge against Ipswich at home, to a colossal lack of effort at Preston away, him and Gunter passing the ball to each other 20 times in our right corner before we concede, his antics at Stevenage, and then of course the cherry on the top Blackburn this season.

This. Disliked him before he came. Can't say I feel any differently now. Stole a living the last year.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 May 2019 12:30

Off pitch, seemed decent enough

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 May 2019 12:34

I'd say calling him a prick is extremely wide of the mark, he obviously upset a lot of people with his performance against Blackburn but sadly that was just a sign that the game was getting too fast for him. While out of the team he has represented the club well and hasn't bitched and moaned and having met him once he clearly is a decent chap.

Having said that I'm sure the opinions of some nerds won't bother him one bit. Bon voyage Macca

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 May 2019 12:59

Muchly this^

Had a chat with him after a Brighton game following (yet) another JVDB sending off, he was good value with his gallows humour. Had scored one himself that day too.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2019 14:18

Hound out of interest CR, who do you like (except the loan players)?

Moore, Yiadom, Rinomhota, Obita, Loader and Meite. Quite like Harriott and I suppose Barrow is ok. Dislike Gunter, Baldock, Meyler, and Aluko and relatively indifferent to the rest.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 08 May 2019 14:29

Glad I’m not the only one to think this. I never took to him, never struck me that his heart was in it for RFC. For me, he was never convincing on or off the pitch as a leader. Glad to see this type of player heading out the door. Wouldn’t say he was a prick though, just bang average.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 May 2019 15:53

Silver Fox I'd say calling him a prick is extremely wide of the mark, he obviously upset a lot of people with his performance against Blackburn but sadly that was just a sign that the game was getting too fast for him. While out of the team he has represented the club well and hasn't bitched and moaned and having met him once he clearly is a decent chap.

Having said that I'm sure the opinions of some nerds won't bother him one bit. Bon voyage Macca

Doubt anyone is calling him a prick because of the Blackburn game - that was just shit. I think it's more likely he'd be called a prick for the Stevenage game.

For me I can still remember Sunderland away years back when he played for them and him giving the away stand some shit which made me think he was a tosser back then. Stevenage away last year just cemented it for me.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 May 2019 16:02

Jagermesiter1871
Silver Fox I'd say calling him a prick is extremely wide of the mark, he obviously upset a lot of people with his performance against Blackburn but sadly that was just a sign that the game was getting too fast for him. While out of the team he has represented the club well and hasn't bitched and moaned and having met him once he clearly is a decent chap.

Doubt anyone is calling him a prick because of the Blackburn game - that was just shit.

That's why I put a comma in the middle of the sentence. Don't know anything about Stevenage

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 May 2019 16:23

Jagermesiter1871

Doubt anyone is calling him a prick because of the Blackburn game - that was just shit. I think it's more likely he'd be called a prick for the Stevenage game.

For me I can still remember Sunderland away years back when he played for them and him giving the away stand some shit which made me think he was a tosser back then. Stevenage away last year just cemented it for me.

+1

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 08 May 2019 16:26

Good servant, and we got him on a free. Tired of hearing about the Blackburn game really. He made two bad tackles, and I'm sure he felt bad. He had a bad game, it happens. Age has caught up with him, time for him and us to move on. Wish him well.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 08 May 2019 16:37

Top, top player for the first two seasons, unfortunately he seemed to bear the brunt of the breakdown between fans and the club, which culminated in the Stevenage debacle, good luck to him in whatever he does next. Given that we got him on a free we both got a decent deal, but definitely the right time to move on.

Alex Fernandez one again commenting on his retirement post, seems to be a guy who really enjoyed his time with us.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 08 May 2019 16:40

does this leave us gingerless?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 May 2019 17:01

As nobody could tell me I think I've got to the bottom of what happened at Stevenage, LOLz you bunch of babies!

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 May 2019 17:24

WoodleyRoyal does this leave us gingerless?

Surely we have some coming through the academy? This cannot happen. Would Alex Fernandez come back and play for us for peanuts?