Rival Watch

17149 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Reading4eva » 16 May 2019 17:36

Funniest thing I've seen connected to Leeds screwing it up. Been viral all over the web so apologies if you've seen it (we get a mention but sadly not for a good reason)

https://youtu.be/wnmseY6ibj0

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 16 May 2019 17:54

Reading4eva Funniest thing I've seen connected to Leeds screwing it up. Been viral all over the web so apologies if you've seen it (we get a mention but sadly not for a good reason)

Lovely stuff. :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 May 2019 19:00

tee peg
Reading4eva Funniest thing I've seen connected to Leeds screwing it up. Been viral all over the web so apologies if you've seen it (we get a mention but sadly not for a good reason)

Stopped watching 20 seconds in. Maybe I’m being pedantic but long subtitles at a time when the guy is clearly just laughing ruined the humour.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 May 2019 20:29

CountryRoyal
tee peg

Stopped watching 20 seconds in. Maybe I’m being pedantic but long subtitles at a time when the guy is clearly just laughing ruined the humour.

Fairly funny, but the version with Sheffield Wednesday a couple of years ago was definitely better made.

https://youtu.be/pFozqkuJlGc

The Cube

by The Cube » 16 May 2019 22:15

Hendo

I'm not having that. They might go down. Again.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 May 2019 09:34

The Cube
Hendo

I'm not having that. They might go down. Again.

Maybe just take the Championship bit off then :wink:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 May 2019 23:02

247 views isn't viral.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 May 2019 20:46

Potter gone to Brighton. Personally find that strange, he'd just began implementing his style on the Swans and they had a strong end to the season. All what happens now is Potter has to re-start his process but this time he's against Hazard and Sterling and co rather than Garath McCleary and John Swift. Add that to the fact Brighton don't exactly play a passing style game, I find it hard to understand Potter's reasoning

Good news for us though, think they certainly would have been up there next season whereas I wasn't convinced they'd be anywhere near the top this year

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 May 2019 22:02

Dunno, they seemed to love him at Swansea, but I didn’t think they did especially well considering they still had a core of PL players like Fer and VD Hoorn

And maybe they were better elsewhere, but they were dull as anything to watch at the Madejski

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 May 2019 22:19

Hound Dunno, they seemed to love him at Swansea, but I didn’t think they did especially well considering they still had a core of PL players like Fer and VD Hoorn

And maybe they were better elsewhere, but they were dull as anything to watch at the Madejski

Swansea lost something like 16 members of their first team squad who were either sold or loaned out. Potter was forced to play a very young side with an average age of 22. They finished 10th and we’re very unlucky to be knocked out of the FA Cup quarter final by Citeh.
I thought in the circs he did very well.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 May 2019 22:20

URZZZZ Potter gone to Brighton. Personally find that strange, he'd just began implementing his style on the Swans and they had a strong end to the season. All what happens now is Potter has to re-start his process but this time he's against Hazard and Sterling and co rather than Garath McCleary and John Swift. Add that to the fact Brighton don't exactly play a passing style game, I find it hard to understand Potter's reasoning

Good news for us though, think they certainly would have been up there next season whereas I wasn't convinced they'd be anywhere near the top this year

Yep fully agreed.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 May 2019 23:26

Hound Dunno, they seemed to love him at Swansea, but I didn’t think they did especially well considering they still had a core of PL players like Fer and VD Hoorn

The Championship is full of PL players. They spent very little this summer and got rid of a lot of players, whilst heavily promoting the youth. They came in a very respectable 10th

I thought they steamrolled us in the first 20 minutes down here and then took their foot off the gas because they were in a comfortable lead. Their dull tactics was more of a fault of ours for the inconsistent pressing which made it simple for them to keep the ball around the back. Their football is very pleasing on the eye when they attack

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 May 2019 06:07

They got into our half twice in the first half hour and scored both times

But other than that you’re probably right. Be interesting to see how they do without him

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 May 2019 07:39

URZZZZ , I find it hard to understand Potter's reasoning

Would ‘massive salary increase’ go some way to helping you understand ?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 May 2019 08:01

Nameless

Yeah, isn't the average manager tenure something stupid like 18 months now?

Chances are decent he'd be sacked by the end of next season anyway. Clubs are just encouraging managers to chase pay while they can with their constant reshuffles and no second chances.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 May 2019 13:48

Nameless

He's relatively young for a manager - he doesn't need to go money hunting at that age

He could surprise me but I think had he stayed at Swansea, they'd be serious top 6 contenders but I can now see Brighton being one of the three to go down, with him ending up getting sacked

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 May 2019 13:53

They reckon Swansea will have to cost cut more again this season. Probably thinks it just isn’t going to be worth his while, esp if they sell James and McBurnie

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 May 2019 13:58

Possibly. James is a cracking player and probably the best opposition player I've seen all season down at the Liberty, ran Yiadom ragged

I remember Brighton complaining about Poyet and Garcia's possession style, so I can't imagine they'll react any differently to Potter, just think it's a strange fit for both club and manager

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 May 2019 14:03

Houghton to WBA being talked about. That’s a strong move I think for both.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 May 2019 13:18

URZZZZ
Nameless

He's relatively young for a manager - he doesn't need to go money hunting at that age

Hard to see your reasoning there.
The start of a career is exactly when you need to chase the money because odds are it will be a short career and you won't get many chances to earn.
There will be a lot of unemployed bitter former managers wishing they had signed a multi million pound contract when they were 45 so they didn't need to go hunting cash later on when jobs dried up.....

17149 posts