STs for season 2019/2020

336 posts
UpThePrem

Re: STs for season 2019/2020

by UpThePrem » 20 May 2019 10:32

ROYALJOE I am a ST holder in the East Stand and want to renew my ST ticket and move to 1871 stand.

Will have to wait till July 2nd for Movers day? But...

What if you did'nt have a ST ticket last season, can u buy and sit in 1871 straight away?! Doesn't seem right? :?: :!:

You don't need to wait until movers day. I've just got my seats in Club 1871 and was in West Upper.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 20 May 2019 10:42

Anyone still struggling in line, delete your cookies and cache and any missing buttons should show up.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 May 2019 12:47

UpThePrem
ROYALJOE I am a ST holder in the East Stand and want to renew my ST ticket and move to 1871 stand.

What if you did'nt have a ST ticket last season, can u buy and sit in 1871 straight away?! Doesn't seem right? :?: :!:

You don't need to wait until movers day. I've just got my seats in Club 1871 and was in West Upper.

Yes, lets get all the west stand in. Great.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 May 2019 13:36

Just had a go just some minor gripes on registration...

- there's a date format but it doesn't actually tell you they want your DoB, at least I assume that's what they want.
- you need to set a password but they don't tell you that there are some password rules you need to pass until your attempt is rejected

Otherwise, apart from the annoyingly small font size, it was pretty painless to renew. Also good to see that they have my 4600 points so the linking has pulled over my previous history to see in the loyalty points tab.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 May 2019 15:12

tmesis I've no idea why accounts couldn't have been passed over automatically. It's a basic IT task.

Really shoddy from the club.

Not sure about "simple", system migrations can be a minefield - just ask TSB.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 20 May 2019 15:39

Green
tmesis I've no idea why accounts couldn't have been passed over automatically. It's a basic IT task.

They can be, and what’s more they can cost a great deal. No doubt we’ve done this as cheap as possible whilst trying to improve the service for all parties. The club will have saved a small fortune by asking fans to set up a new account and link it themselves.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 May 2019 17:34

Green

If you are moving huge amounts of data, yes.

If you are just setting up contact details and pointing to an old account reference, no.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 20 May 2019 18:37

Few glitches but log off and on and will be ok, just renewed ST for the thirty third consecutive season , people have been sectioned for less

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 May 2019 18:48

tmesis
Green

If you are just setting up contact details and pointing to an old account reference, no.

I'd say actually GDPR regulations have played a part in this. If they were sitting on loads of old account details, with old email addresses, and no-one was responding on those emails, then they had no way of confirming that the owner of that account was still happy for ReadingFC to hold onto their address / phone number / email.

By getting everyone to enter themselves again, they can clearly show they have got consent. Once a suitable period has passed, they can zap any personal data, and archive the transactions / accounts from the old system.

Stjimmy

by Stjimmy » 20 May 2019 18:53

Renewed and paid at 9am.
Money taken but still no confirmation email but i did receive a reminder this afternoon that my season ticket can be renewed from today..
WTF ???

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 20 May 2019 22:13

Stjimmy Renewed and paid at 9am.
Money taken but still no confirmation email but i did receive a reminder this afternoon that my season ticket can be renewed from today..
WTF ???

No need to worry. Just call the TO tomorrow and check all is well. I’m sure it is.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 20 May 2019 22:40

Wallsy
WTF ???

No need to worry. Just call the TO tomorrow and check all is well. I’m sure it is.

Got the reminder email this afternoon (think everyone got that). Purchased ticket a short while after that. No confirmation email, but if I log back in, I can clearly see that I have a season ticket (hover over name, and then select Season tickets from drop down menu). My loyalty points have increased also

So they've got a few teething problems with their email system, but doubt there's much to worry about.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 May 2019 23:11

CountryRoyal
UpThePrem

Yes, lets get all the west stand in. Great.

:D

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 May 2019 09:29

muirinho
Wallsy
WTF ???

Got the reminder email this afternoon (think everyone got that). Purchased ticket a short while after that. No confirmation email, but if I log back in, I can clearly see that I have a season ticket (hover over name, and then select Season tickets from drop down menu). My loyalty points have increased also

So they've got a few teething problems with their email system, but doubt there's much to worry about.

Got my confirmation email through within seconds. Odd that it would come through on some and not others.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 21 May 2019 11:01

Wycombe Royal
muirinho
Wallsy

Got my confirmation email through within seconds. Odd that it would come through on some and not others.

Yeah - it was the same with registering for the new site. I got my confirmation email within seconds, others got it hours later.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 21 May 2019 11:29

I'm going to renew my seat, but not yet - no point paying up sooner than I need to.

Maybe the club could be a bit more like Amazon, Take orders now and take the money when they actually ship the goods. This will give them an early indication of the income they can expect rather than having to wait until the deadline.... or if they want the cash early, some sort of early renewal discount

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 21 May 2019 12:10

Forbury Lion I'm going to renew my seat, but not yet - no point paying up sooner than I need to.

Maybe the club could be a bit more like Amazon, Take orders now and take the money when they actually ship the goods. This will give them an early indication of the income they can expect rather than having to wait until the deadline.... or if they want the cash early, some sort of early renewal discount

If they emulated Amazon they’d be taking ‘orders’ for games that will never be played and games for several seasons ahead. Please no one emulate Amazon....

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 21 May 2019 15:02

tmesis
Green

You'd be amazed tmesis, you'd be amazed. I've seen things from the trenches you wouldn't believe. Some proper horror stories with career changing injuries.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 May 2019 12:20

REnewed today.
Apparently sales are quite well up on similar time last year although still a fair few to go !

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 22 May 2019 14:31

Green
tmesis
Green Not sure about "simple", system migrations can be a minefield - just ask TSB.

You'd be amazed tmesis, you'd be amazed. I've seen things from the trenches you wouldn't believe. Some proper horror stories with career changing injuries.

Things I have learnt from the software development trenches
(1) Clients are idiots
(2) Project managers are idiots
(3) Migration is always shit,
(4) It's never obvious how badly shit the migration is until it's too late
(5) Clients and project managers think migration should be straightforward. See points (1) and (2)
(6) Moving away from migration, and away from meeting clients = best career moves ever. Sadly haven't worked out how to ditch the PMs yet.

336 posts