Spaculation Henri Lansbury

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Spaculation Henri Lansbury

by linkenholtroyal » 23 May 2019 16:12

Heard through the grapevine, Henri Lansbury is being offered out from Villa on a 2 year loan and we maybe suitors. Apparently doesn't fit into plans at Villa and there are 2 or 3 ahead of him. If Villa get promoted his wages increase to nearly 60k a week due to bonuses. he is being touted to clubs to see if someone will loan him till the end of his contract (2021) paying a percentage of his wage. So they dont have to A) have a player unhappy he is not playing round the players and B) pay up his contract in full to get rid of him C) also he will not leave Villa for less wage so even if they gave him away no one in the champ is likely to stump up 60k a week and no one in the Prem will be interested.

so from what I have been told there is a bit of a bidding war over who will pay what on his wage between a few champ clubs including us. he will probably go back to Forest.

I do not get many tit bits like this so thought it was worth sticking out for the response.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Spaculation Henri Lansbury

by Nameless » 23 May 2019 16:56

linkenholtroyal Heard through the grapevine, Henri Lansbury is being offered out from Villa on a 2 year loan and we maybe suitors. Apparently doesn't fit into plans at Villa and there are 2 or 3 ahead of him. If Villa get promoted his wages increase to nearly 60k a week due to bonuses. he is being touted to clubs to see if someone will loan him till the end of his contract (2021) paying a percentage of his wage. So they dont have to A) have a player unhappy he is not playing round the players and B) pay up his contract in full to get rid of him C) also he will not leave Villa for less wage so even if they gave him away no one in the champ is likely to stump up 60k a week and no one in the Prem will be interested.

so from what I have been told there is a bit of a bidding war over who will pay what on his wage between a few champ clubs including us. he will probably go back to Forest.

I do not get many tit bits like this so thought it was worth sticking out for the response.

Exactly how small a % of his wages would we be expected to pay ?
Not sure he's the sort of player we need and even 10% of 60k would be excessive for a player for whom we have no obvious requirement.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 May 2019 16:58

If they were offering Lansbury for £6k/week, we'd be crazy to say no :|

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 May 2019 17:37

Turned out a great signing for them

Don’t think we’d be keen. Pretty much the opposite of the type of personality we are after

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 May 2019 18:48

I hate speculation posts, they are so wide of the mark it`s untrue, nobody knows of thinking of management.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 May 2019 20:54

Well It’s a yes from me

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 May 2019 08:12

So what we're asking is do we want to shift our overpaid under performers who we may have to keep paying part of the wages of to get rid so we can bring in one of Villa's over paid under performers, with them paying a proportion of his ludicrously high wages?

Er... it's a no from me. Firmly in the mold of pre- Gomes shit loans rather than the Gomes good loans style.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 May 2019 09:46

I mentioned him numerous times before as someone we should get in.

Whoever says his personality isn't right, just because he's sitting out a whacking great contract that Aston Villa were stupid enough to give him doesn't make him a bad character - any one of us would do the same for that kind of money. The guy was captain at Nottingham Forest for years and came from Arsenal - he's hardly from bad stock. I think he'd be an ideal signing as a midfield general to do the job Baker did last season. Wages probably will be an issue but if there's half a chance then he should be considered.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 May 2019 15:24

One those players who always seems better on paper than he is on grass.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 May 2019 15:57

From Despair To Where? One those players who always seems better on paper than he is on grass.

Nonsense

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 May 2019 16:08

always thought he was a good player, but not right for us at the moment

just scanned through and it seems he has been absolutely savaged by hamstring injuries over the last couple of years. High wages + our medical department really is not a good mix.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 May 2019 21:46

John Smith
From Despair To Where? One those players who always seems better on paper than he is on grass.

Nonsense

OK then, one of those players who is better on Youtube than he is in real life.

Never been impressed enough with him to consider he would offer value for money, even more so now, even if he was available for 10% of his current wages.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 May 2019 21:56

From Despair To Where?
John Smith

Nonsense

Never been impressed enough with him to consider he would offer value for money, even more so now, even if he was available for 10% of his current wages.

Had the chance to be a Sidwell, but hasn't managed it. Now been knocking around quite a while too so no longer a potential cheap prospect to develop into a diamond.

John Smith summing up his usual contribution more than arguing with you IMO.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 May 2019 01:20

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where?
John Smith Nonsense

Had the chance to be a Sidwell, but hasn't managed it. Now been knocking around quite a while too so no longer a potential cheap prospect to develop into a diamond.

+1

John Smith is a shitter poster than you.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 May 2019 16:55

Nameless
linkenholtroyal Heard through the grapevine, Henri Lansbury is being offered out from Villa on a 2 year loan and we maybe suitors. Apparently doesn't fit into plans at Villa and there are 2 or 3 ahead of him. If Villa get promoted his wages increase to nearly 60k a week due to bonuses. he is being touted to clubs to see if someone will loan him till the end of his contract (2021) paying a percentage of his wage. So they dont have to A) have a player unhappy he is not playing round the players and B) pay up his contract in full to get rid of him C) also he will not leave Villa for less wage so even if they gave him away no one in the champ is likely to stump up 60k a week and no one in the Prem will be interested.

Not sure he's the sort of player we need and even 10% of 60k would be excessive for a player for whom we have no obvious requirement.

I would have said that central midfield should be our top priority - our only options there that Gomes is happy with are Swift and Rinomhota.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 May 2019 01:25

Someone who can't play ahead of Mile "I can't turn" Jedinak and Glenn "I can't pass" Whelan. No thank you

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 May 2019 06:59

SCIAG
Nameless

I would have said that central midfield should be our top priority - our only options there that Gomes is happy with are Swift and Rinomhota.

As opposed to centre back where we have Moore to cover 2 positions and keeper where we don’t have a number 1 ?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 May 2019 15:02

Nameless
SCIAG I would have said that central midfield should be our top priority - our only options there that Gomes is happy with are Swift and Rinomhota.

As opposed to centre back where we have Moore to cover 2 positions and keeper where we don’t have a number 1 ?

Fair points. Oh dear, our squad really is patchy. I don't know about you, but I have more faith in Southwood/Ward/McIntyre/Osho to step up if need be than East or Holsgrove, who have talent but might not gel with the players around them.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 May 2019 21:55

SCIAG
Nameless
SCIAG I would have said that central midfield should be our top priority - our only options there that Gomes is happy with are Swift and Rinomhota.

Fair points. Oh dear, our squad really is patchy. I don't know about you, but I have more faith in Southwood/Ward/McIntyre/Osho to step up if need be than East or Holsgrove, who have talent but might not gel with the players around them.

Yep, not sure East or Holsgrove are quite there yet. Not overly concerned at having gaps in the squad inMay (in fact I’d like to see it several players lighter asap). If we’re still scratching round in mid July it will be concerning....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 May 2019 09:11

leon
Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where?

+1

John Smith is a shitter poster than you.

I wrote out a whole paragraph supporting why I think he would be a good signing! What else do you want me to do?