Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Hendo » 17 Jun 2019 17:29

Sutekh
bluerinse Virgin Media are in the process of moving their HQ from Hook Hampshire to Green Park. They are to move into the old Quintiles building which was vacated back in May, and is only a long goal kick from the Mad Stad. What better way to announce your arrival by sponsoring the local football team!

Don't they already sponsor Southampton?

That is a very good, and true point.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 17 Jun 2019 18:13

Great for the town. Excellent stuff.

Here’s to The Virgin’s Stadium.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 17 Jun 2019 19:30

Sutekh
bluerinse Virgin Media are in the process of moving their HQ from Hook Hampshire to Green Park. They are to move into the old Quintiles building which was vacated back in May, and is only a long goal kick from the Mad Stad. What better way to announce your arrival by sponsoring the local football team!

Don't they already sponsor Southampton?

Southampton got a new sponsor and it looks oxf*rd awful

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 20 Jun 2019 13:50

Just a thought but with Huawei round the corner and our Chinese owners
Perfect fit really

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Jun 2019 10:58

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 24 Jun 2019 22:53

Hendo Would also link the age-old rumour that Branson wanted to buy the club.

Pickle maybe.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 24 Jun 2019 22:53

RFCMod Just a thought but with Huawei round the corner and our Chinese owners
Perfect fit really

It’s surprising no ones mentioned this yet :)

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jun 2019 08:16

Wallsy
Perfect fit really

They are moving out of green park though.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Jun 2019 09:49

Hendo
Wallsy
Perfect fit really

Where to?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jun 2019 10:21

Jagermesiter1871
Hendo
Wallsy

Where to?

Not sure, somewhere in London I think, although they could completely move out of the UK/Western market after seeing an initial 40% decline in sales after everything that has come out recently, which would make them sponsoring us a bit of a folly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Jun 2019 15:59

JLows put up a tweet of the new training kit. Looks quite nice.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Jun 2019 16:23

Yep, looks nice, the prominence of red is interesting. Perhaps a clue to the away kit colour?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 25 Jun 2019 17:58

Hendo
Jagermesiter1871
Hendo

Where to?

Not sure, somewhere in London I think, although they could completely move out of the UK/Western market after seeing an initial 40% decline in sales after everything that has come out recently, which would make them sponsoring us a bit of a folly.

Nothing has really come out though has it? I expect them to launch with their own version of open source android in the coming months. Plus with the UK government endorsing Huawei's 5G infrastructure contract here I can't see them pulling out just yet.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Jun 2019 08:55

Jagermesiter1871
Hendo
Jagermesiter1871
Where to?

Nothing has really come out though has it? I expect them to launch with their own version of open source android in the coming months. Plus with the UK government endorsing Huawei's 5G infrastructure contract here I can't see them pulling out just yet.

Yeah, nothing has come out, apart from:

- Major mobile phone networks in the UK halting sales
- Unable to work with US suppliers for hardware and software, such as Microsoft, Google, intel, Facebook (Instagram and WhatsApp)
- Shoddy engineering could lead to a ban from Westminster and other sensitive parts of the UK

I am sure their own version of an OS will be fantastic, have you ever used WeChat - the Chinese social media outlet? It is horrendous. By the time Huawei have got an OS to rival Android and Apple, they will have been left behind, becoming the next HTC.

Can you also send a link to where the UK government have endorsed the 5G infrastructure? I must have missed that.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jun 2019 09:45

Hendo
Jagermesiter1871
Hendo

- Unable to work with US suppliers for hardware and software, such as Microsoft, Google, intel, Facebook (Instagram and WhatsApp)
- Shoddy engineering could lead to a ban from Westminster and other sensitive parts of the UK

I am sure their own version of an OS will be fantastic, have you ever used WeChat - the Chinese social media outlet? It is horrendous. By the time Huawei have got an OS to rival Android and Apple, they will have been left behind, becoming the next HTC.

Can you also send a link to where the UK government have endorsed the 5G infrastructure? I must have missed that.

The same UK networks that are now currently using its 5g infrastructure?

shoddy engineering?

I use wechat on a daily basis in what way is it horrendous?
Not that it's relevenat anyway as its developed by a completely different company.

Fairly strong endorsement that they gave the go ahead for it to be installed by them despite knowing the potential security risks.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Jun 2019 10:02

Jagermesiter1871
Hendo
Jagermesiter1871

shoddy engineering?

Not that it's relevenat anyway as its developed by a completely different company.

Fairly strong endorsement that they gave the go ahead for it to be installed by them despite knowing the potential security risks.

Go and try and buy a Huawei phone from the high street, they aren't selling them.

I am pretty sure the user interface is not up to scratch when comparing it to other similar apps, it is developed by a different company, but it will be the only thing a Huawei phone will be able to use after not being able to update or work with any of the other social media apps.

Again, if you can provide me a link to the strong endorsement?

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go the way of HTC.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Jun 2019 10:26

Hendo
Jagermesiter1871
Hendo

shoddy engineering?

Go and try and buy a Huawei phone from the high street, they aren't selling them.

I am pretty sure the user interface is not up to scratch when comparing it to other similar apps, it is developed by a different company, but it will be the only thing a Huawei phone will be able to use after not being able to update or work with any of the other social media apps.

Again, if you can provide me a link to the strong endorsement?

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but it wouldn't surprise me if they go the way of HTC.

The carphoneware house website still shows that you can get any huawei device on any of the major UK networks.

The user interface is generally fine. The international version is pretty crippled and doesn't have anywhere near the number of features the Chinese version has but the Chinese version is incredible and is clearly the only market tencent give a shit about.

Huawei is a very different beast.

The issue with all these sanctions based on security concerns is that really if you're going to apply them to huawei you're going to need to apply then to every Chinese company going unless they're just going to apply them everytime a Chinese company gets deemed too big. If Huawei gets banned they'll be a slew of Chinese companies to take their place. I imagine Xiaomi will be next.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 26 Jun 2019 13:24

Hendo Yep, looks nice, the prominence of red is interesting. Perhaps a clue to the away kit colour?

That's my gut feeling too, an all red away kit, or a red with dark blue somewhere. Hope its all red.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Jun 2019 13:37

Wallsy
Hendo Yep, looks nice, the prominence of red is interesting. Perhaps a clue to the away kit colour?

That's my gut feeling too, an all red away kit, or a red with dark blue somewhere. Hope its all red.

Agreed, one of my personal favourites.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 26 Jun 2019 15:27

I would imagine that our kit will be a very similar template to the new Motherwell kit.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/06/19/2019-20-kits-revealed/

5989 posts