Pre season tour

603 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pre season tour

by Zip » 06 Jul 2019 13:17

No Swift for the second half. It looks like we will win a friendly this time around.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Jul 2019 13:29

Zip No Swift for the second half. It looks like we will win a friendly this time around.

Just came on for East.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jul 2019 14:32

Zip It looks like we will win a friendly this time around.

Did we win any in 17/18 either? I know we didn’t last year but I’m pretty sure there was a lot of pessimism before that season started because of a poor pre season

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 06 Jul 2019 14:40

Olise has more natural talent than Loader imo. He's another one who has come a long way under Gomes.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jul 2019 14:55

URZZZZ

Did we win any in 17/18 either? I know we didn’t last year but I’m pretty sure there was a lot of pessimism before that season started because of a poor pre season

Seriously mate I absolutely cannot recall any of those friendlies.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 06 Jul 2019 16:24

Zip
URZZZZ

There was a rather pathetic defeat at Wimbledon, as I recall.

It must be interesting for the younger players this time round. Rather than just making up the numbers, they should be thinking they have a genuine crack at a first team spot this year.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jul 2019 16:27

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jul 2019 18:15

tmesis
Zip
URZZZZ

There was a rather pathetic defeat at Wimbledon, as I recall.

It must be interesting for the younger players this time round. Rather than just making up the numbers, they should be thinking they have a genuine crack at a first team spot this year.

Yep. Of that there is no doubt and I suspect Gomes was appointed on the understanding money was tight and he would have to bring on the youngsters.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2019 18:36

URZZZZ https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-player-ratings-southend-16543203

Lows ratings for anyone interested

Interesting Watson getting the first half captaincy.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jul 2019 20:10

Decent result and thanx for the reports, was Simon Cox playing for them?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 06 Jul 2019 22:03

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-player-ratings-southend-16543203

Is it? I can't see him getting captaincy in the season. Maybe he has had a good training session and its a reward, or it was a birthday treat.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2019 22:45

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal

Is it? I can't see him getting captaincy in the season. Maybe he has had a good training session and its a reward, or it was a birthday treat.

Hes probably saying it's interesting because he (and many others on here) believes that Watson is surplus to requirements. The captaincy thing could be an indication from Gomes that he sees some value in Watson.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jul 2019 23:03

Shhhss, don’t tell anybody, but I am quietly optimistic about the coming season.

The stars are aligning, the injured are coming back, the kids aren’t kids anymore.

Jose doesn’t pull his punches.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 06 Jul 2019 23:21

AthleticoSpizz Shhhss, don’t tell anybody, but I am quietly optimistic about the coming season.

The stars are aligning, the injured are coming back, the kids aren’t kids anymore.

Jose doesn’t pull his punches.

You know you can't be optimistic and positive on here. This is hobnob, there's no place for that :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jul 2019 23:25

Well quite 8)

Ian will be along soon :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 00:35

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal

Have a day off once in a while yeah.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jul 2019 00:37

NewCorkSeth
The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Interesting Watson getting the first half captaincy.

Hes probably saying it's interesting because he (and many others on here) believes that Watson is surplus to requirements. The captaincy thing could be an indication from Gomes that he sees some value in Watson.

I absolutely loved Tennai in the u18s and 21s.

A lot of people have written him off, which is why, as you otherwise say, it's interesting to see him get captaincy over players who are otherwise more fancied for staying.

You'd have to be a raging imbecile to think I meant he might be a contender for club captain.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 03:50

Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Interesting Watson getting the first half captaincy.

Have a day off once in a while yeah.

A day off from what? I haven't been keeping up with the latest news so was wondering why it was interesting. Yeah.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 07 Jul 2019 03:53

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
The Enfield Royal71

A lot of people have written him off, which is why, as you otherwise say, it's interesting to see him get captaincy over players who are otherwise more fancied for staying.

You'd have to be a raging imbecile to think I meant he might be a contender for club captain.

Nicely passive aggresive like usual. You should get that checked out by a professional. It isn't normal.

Normally in pre-season you use it as a chance to get the team together for the season, including (and this is stating the obvious here for captain obvious himself) seeing how potential club captains do the job and can be a respected member of the team. Maybe the boss is giving him a chance to prove himself and if he performs well you never know. You'd have to be a raging imbecile to think you just give out captains armbands like a Haribo.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jul 2019 08:31

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
The Enfield Royal71

I'm sure it was in this very thread that there was a discussion where a few people stated they think its time he moved on. Not having watched much of our non-first team football I was interested to know why as I thought he was developing well and his loan seemed to be going ok (which apparently had fallen by the way side in the second half of the season under Downes)

I agree with you, it is interesting. I trust Gomes right now and if he thinks Watson is showing good development and, more importantly, leadership qualities (something everyone on here should agree we are often lacking) then the competition between him and Howe for first back up can only be a good thing.

In other news Twitter seems to be reporting we can between a 20% and 30% sell on fee clause for Jack Stacey who appears set to move for 4 million. Thats some unexpected funds if true.

603 posts