Jack Stacey

Tazewell Royal

Jack Stacey

by Tazewell Royal » 07 Jul 2019 16:19

Cherries agree Stacey Deal

Bournemouth have agreed to sign Jack Stacey from Luton Town for £4m, according to Sky sources.

Stacey is expected to undergo a medical on Monday ahead of completing the move to the Vitality Stadium.

Just hope that we had a percentage sell-on included when we sold him to then League Two club Luton Town for an undisclosed fee.

Every little helps!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jack Stacey

by Mid Sussex Royal » 07 Jul 2019 16:27

Twitter saying 30% sell on so that's nice money in our current state.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jul 2019 18:58

We’d have got a couple of hundred thousand when he left so this is good business for us and just how the Academy should be working.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 19:09

Yep been discussed elsewhere but it should work out well for us, with 1m+ coming our way

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 07 Jul 2019 19:25

Could be best bit of business we do this window.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2019 19:29

Yes it could be. We will get about as much for the sell on fee for Stacey as we will get on the combined sales of Bod and Kelly.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 07 Jul 2019 20:13

Would be interesting to see the amount we have already taken off the books in the last year, since the beginning of last season. If bod, McNulty, McCleary, baldock and Gunter go we must have halved our wage bill since last summer, with the out of contract players, Bacuna and Ilori already gone. Be interesting to see what we have to play with in the next few weeks.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2019 20:25

Plus we have Aluko and Mannone out on loan and released the likes of McShane, O’Shea and Jaakkola so there will be a big drop in player wages.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 20:48

Massive drop in wages. Guessing McShane, Ilori, Bacuna, Kelly, O Shea, Gunter, Bod, McCleary, Baldock, Aluko, Mannone, Meyler and Bod will be on near 1m p/a . The likes of Joey, Anssi, and McNulty not miles below.

There’s potentially 15m there

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Jul 2019 20:59

Hound Massive drop in wages. Guessing McShane, Ilori, Bacuna, Kelly, O Shea, Gunter, Bod, McCleary, Baldock, Aluko, Mannone, Meyler and Bod will be on near 1m p/a . The likes of Joey, Anssi, and McNulty not miles below.

There’s potentially 15m there

Presumably players moving up from the academy will have their salaries boosted if they are playing first team football. And I don't think we can survive the season based on what has gone out to Spain, we're going to need loan players as well, which will probably cost.

But yeah, if all those players get moved on...

I note Baldock has gone on pre-season. Is that to make up numbers? Is he hoping for a reprieve? Or was he never in the group that were being asked to leave?

I think if I had been asked to leave, and was then asked to go on the tour because they were short players, I'd tell them to do one.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 21:10

Yes again I’ve over simplified but it could give an idea of the figures involved

We’ve also released / losing others who I didn’t include - Harriott, Danzell, Southwood, Ezatolohi, Ward to throw I into that pot

Hopefully we can sort out loans where we pay a minimal amount again - rumours were we paid nothing for that bunch in January

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jul 2019 21:18

Surely we only save the wages of players who are out of contract. A player we move on before their contract is up would surely be entitled to at least a portion of their remaining contract ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 21:42

Wouldn’t think so , unless we sell them and it’s part of the deal. I’d say it’s quite unlikely on a standard sale we’d pay any further wages (ie Bod, Kelly) as the new club will pick up that and buy out the contact. There’s a lot of work to do to move on the likes of Meyler without having to pay up at least some of his wages though

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Jul 2019 21:55

Hound Wouldn’t think so , unless we sell them and it’s part of the deal. I’d say it’s quite unlikely on a standard sale we’d pay any further wages (ie Bod, Kelly) as the new club will pick up that and buy out the contact. There’s a lot of work to do to move on the likes of Meyler without having to pay up at least some of his wages though

so why would a player move unless his new club offered higher wages ? He’ll turn to the club and say ‘I have a contract that says you must pay me £5k a week for the next 2 years. This new club will pay me £2k so unless you ensure I am not out of pocket by moving then I will stay here as per our agreement’. He would be fully entitled to do that.
I have also heard of contracts with ‘early termination’ clauses. These state amounts to be paid if the club wants to end the player’s contract early.

Player contracts are two way things, club’s can’t just cancel them without paying the player what the contract was worth, or ensuring someone else does it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Jul 2019 22:03

Yes that is pretty much what happens on occasions, and it’s also why we are finding it hard to shift players.

Take Meyler - we’d love to give him a free and someone take all his wages off our hands. He won’t move for less money so he gets stuck with us until we find someone who will a)take him on loan and pay a percentage (we did this with Joey) b) wait for us to pay up an agreed amount of his contact for him to be a free agent (we did this with Edwards)

With someone like Bod - say we are paying him 15k p/w. Millwall will pay the fee for him (750k) and then sort out a deal with Bod. They may match the 15k p/w, or they may say it’s 10k p/w but it’s for 4 years rather than 1 and we’ll give you 100k to sign on, and you get to play football. Then up to Bod if he wants to take that or not. Otherwise he sticks with us in the U23s, and his own earning power drops in that time

The fact he only has one year on his contract means he is more likely to move for his security. Also why it’ll be harder to shift Baldock probably, and why we had to do something vaguely dodgy to rid us of Aluko

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 07 Jul 2019 22:42

From what I was told our two highest earners were/are Mannone and Popa. The former being almost our record wage..

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Jul 2019 22:44

For the life of me I cannot understand why we would have been paying Popa such a high wage. Madness.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2019 08:36

Zip For the life of me I cannot understand why we would have been paying Popa such a high wage. Madness.

How he ever made it professional I have no clue, never mind the second highest wage! A terrible terrible footballer

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2019 08:47

agree he has been a horrendous waste of money, but he was a regular International and we got him supposedly on the cheap at the end of his contract

I did forget about him in terms of the wages, but I do expect he was quite high - but surely not one of our top earners. Mannone have heard that, and think its probably quite likely. Again an absolutely ridiculous waste of money for a bang average keeper, of the quality we could have picked up on a free

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jul 2019 09:12

Controversial but I think Mannone is one of the reasons we've done so poorly this season. First game of the season, we battered Derby for 60 minutes, take the lead and lose it straight away because one of his dolly drops. We then lose 2-1 in the last second and pick up 2 points out of 18. A big if but I think had we have held on that game, who knows what might have happened. In the last 6/7 seasons, our highest finishes have coincided with 3 points first game of the season

12/13 - 1 point - 19th
13/14 - 3 points - 7th
14/15 - 1 point - 19th
15/16 - 0 points - 18th
16/17 - 3 points - 3rd
17/18 - 0 points - 19th
18/19 - 0 points - 20th

Don't know the exact positions but roughly that. It may just be coincidence and I'm talking rubbish but there does seem to be some sort of correlation